Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 (DEADLINE DAY from pg.258)

Comments

• Very surprised nobody has signed Phillips. Amos is a more than adequate replacement.
  • In all honesty I’m just looking for us to pay a fee for a player and not loans or free agents. Would love to know when was the last time we paid say half million for a player? ( excluding any of the Roland Standard liege shenanigans)
  • In all honesty I’m just looking for us to pay a fee for a player and not loans or free agents. Would love to know when was the last time we paid say half million for a player? ( excluding any of the Roland Standard liege shenanigans)
    Nicky ajose? 
    Nicky ajose? 
    Wow a million pounds for a third division player, reminds when we signed the chap izael McLeod back in 08 for 1,5 m
  • Must be some more Welsh players available in the striker department!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Ferryman said:
    Won’t be any incomings from Denmark today. Schwartz deal is off. 
    The new Chris Malkin!
    Let’s hope we don’t sign Bradley Allen instead. 
    Sad to say, I do believe we've missed the boat on that one.

He’s only 49. He’s probably got 15 mins left in him.
    So longer than Aneke?
    Bit below the belt there, Chuks could easily put in a 30 Minute shift 
    at a push  ;)
  • barstool said:
    Must be some more Welsh players available in the striker department!
    What's Simon Church up to these days?
  • FAVADDICK said:
    John bostock been let go by toulouse could we go back in for him 
    Midfielder isnt he? 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:
    Another one we nearly signed in January. 

He would be worth taking even though he is another midfielder. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Midfielder isnt he? 😉
    Bowyer will be using the 2-7-1 formation this season after he joins us
  • edited October 2020
    barstool said:
    Must be some more Welsh players available in the striker department!
    Wonder if we might look at Ben Woodburn from Liverpool

He was at Oxford last season
  • edited October 2020
    The good thing about Gunter joining us now is that he can train with his teammates Jonny and Levitt at the Wales camp!
    And not train with us ........ wouldnt it be nice to sign a player that was ready to go from the off, fit and in form and not have to wait five or six weeks to get4 up to speed ? 
    This......which answers @paulie8290 comment. All well & good saying we have until 5pm on the 16th to sign players, but if they are out of contract they might not be "fit" enough to start that weekend & so another match passes with an unbalanced & effective team. Wouldn't it be a good idea to get them in asap so we can asses them, give them a training regime so they might just be fit enough to play THIS SIDE OF XMAS.
  • The good thing about Gunter joining us now is that he can train with his teammates Jonny and Levitt at the Wales camp!
    And not train with us ........ wouldnt it be nice to sign a player that was ready to go from the off, fit and in form and not have to wait five or six weeks to get4 up to speed ? 
    This......which answers @paulie8290 comment. All well & good saying wd have until 5pm on the 16th to sign players, but if they are ouf of contract they might not be "fir" enough to start on the 16th. Wouldnt it be a good idea to get them in asap so we can asses them, give them a training regime so they might just be fit enough to play THIS SIDE OF XMAS.
    You think a week will make a difference as to if they are fit this side of christmas lol.

If we sign them next tuesday say instead if today or tomorrow they will only be an extra week behind.

So if you think signing someone next week would mean they wouldn't be fit this side of christmas then if we sign someone now then by what u are saying they won't be fit until just before Christmas.

Put it this way you have 2 options what would you rather pick.

Option 1-we rush get someone in today or tomorrow get them fit and ready for say Blackpool or Northampton at the end of the month, but in our rush we have picked someone who isnt that good and they score less than 5 goals

Option 2- we take our time, get someone we actually want and rate, get them fit and ready for  Oxford or Portsmouth so a week or so later, but as we have got someone we wanted he scores 15+ goals, yes we have gone 3 games(Wigan, Blackpool, Northampton) with what we currently have but then we have 39 more games to make up for any lost points 

Personally I would prefer option 2, I dont want to rush and get crap I want a decent 2 strikers who can score 
  • BalladMan said:
    cafc4life said:
    id rather we stuck with Amos now. Phillips has had what 1? 2 at a push, good seasons. Even that, he was at fault for a number of late dropped points last season. Hull/Millwall at home, Brum away ETC. if we doesnt wasnt to be here, fuck him off and let him play for the under 23s if he dont get his move.

Time clubs started doing something about mercenary footballers who quite happily pick up an extortionate wage to do nothing. Too many think they can control and demand things which is a liberty. 

Phillips is not a mercenary and has been brilliant for two seasons. Yes I was at Wembley but compared to De Gea, Loris and Pickford who can't go a month without a cock up, Dillon has been top notch. Nick Pope made 4 mistakes in his last match.

After spending so long as a number 2, I would like to see him get a Championship move.
    Makes me wonder why championship clubs haven't been kicking our doors in with offers that we cant refuse  ?
    Because until 10 days ago, they all thought they could get him for peanuts (Middlesborough tried).  GK is very niche and only one possible position in the 1st team, which often sees the same person appear for many many consecutive games.  Maybe there are just no free GK 1st team places in championship at the moment for him to fill and he does not want to be a reserve.  
    Good point about reserve, thing is he isn't even a reserve with us is he
    so must be an improvement ;)
  • Happy with Gunter, there has to be a reason he keeps Mathews out of the Welsh side
    Great point. 

Shout out to jonny, recruiting in the camp
  • se9addick said:

Charlton had a loan interest in Leeds midfielder Mateusz Bogusz. But he is joining Spanish side UD Logrones.
    It looks bloody lovely there to be fair 

Yep, Logrono is a really nice city. I spent a couple of nights there 3 years ago when a group of us were walking the Camino de Santiago across Northern Spain.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m hoping this is calm before the storm as I’m starting to get worried now.
  • Is TS still over?
  • Is TS still over?
    Only his love affair with Charlton.

• I walked the Camino the same year as you @robinofottershaw. This street art was in Logrono. 
  • Charwill said:
    Sky just announce Cullen signing for Anderlecht on a 3 year deal
    Sort it out Gallen!

We were in for him, but then Gallen logged on to Charlton Life and read we don't need any more midfielders so he cancelled the deal.
    Gallen out! CAG
  • cafc4life said:
    id rather we stuck with Amos now. Phillips has had what 1? 2 at a push, good seasons. Even that, he was at fault for a number of late dropped points last season. Hull/Millwall at home, Brum away ETC. if we doesnt wasnt to be here, fuck him off and let him play for the under 23s if he dont get his move.

Time clubs started doing something about mercenary footballers who quite happily pick up an extortionate wage to do nothing. Too many think they can control and demand things which is a liberty. 

Phillips is not a mercenary and has been brilliant for two seasons. Yes I was at Wembley but compared to De Gea, Loris and Pickford who can't go a month without a cock up, Dillon has been top notch. Nick Pope made 4 mistakes in his last match.

After spending so long as a number 2, I would like to see him get a Championship move.
    Makes me wonder why championship clubs haven't been kicking our doors in with offers that we cant refuse  ?
    They watched the Wembley game.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    I’m hoping this is calm before the storm as I’m starting to get worried now.
    I expect us to get 2-3 loan players in but It doubt they will happen until late next week as the loaning club maybe reluctant to let them go until they have finished their transfer business.