Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    Can't decide if I'm gonna try pre order a Series X tomorrow morning. I'm still 50/50 on which console to go for 
  • Options
    Managed to pre order a Series X on Amazon. Believe they've now sold out
  • Options
    I couldn't find them to pre order on amazon at all! thankfully managed to get one via Argos
  • Options
    I couldn't find them to pre order on amazon at all! thankfully managed to get one via Argos
    They went live on Amazon at about 10 past 8, seemed to sell out by quarter past. Madness
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Still enjoying games on PS4 and Xbox One so don't feel any rush to jump into the next gen. Perhaps give me some time to see how it plays out, as well. Just started Horizon Zero Dawn, brilliant!
    Mate, what a game!

New Horizon is coming early next year which is exactly why I want to get my hands on a new PS5.
  • Options
    How many hours a week do people play their consoles for? I might be able to squeeze five hours a week in.
  • Options
    Waited in the online queue on the game for 2 hours and went to the Xbox all Access site and wouldn't let me order without a pre order number from game, went to Smyth's website and the all access page is down!!!! Been a nightmare,  expect they will have sold out by the time I get another chance to try again later.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    How many hours a week do people play their consoles for? I might be able to squeeze five hours a week in.
    Far too many
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I used to do a couple of hours a day, these days though I'll be lucky to get that a week.
  • Options
    Think I'll end up doing what I usually do, which is wait around a year before actually getting one. I waited an entire year before getting the PS4; I waited until I found a decent deal online once they were more widely available and until there was a game I really wanted to play (Dragon Age Inquisition). That also meant that there was a year's worth of big launch games that I could pick up cheaper once I actually had the system. It's difficult waiting but the first 6 months is all complaining and software patching anyway and I haven't really seen any launch titles that are making my blood itch so there's benefits to holding out. Judging by these prices I think I'll only crack if my PS4 packs in, but given my original 2008 PS3 is still chugging along that hopefully won't happen. £450 just feels insane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hogwarts Legacy looks epic, sure to satisfy any Harry Potter fans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O6Qstncpnc

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Far too many
    On a good week maybe 10, most of those playing Fifa Pro Clubs with my mates mind - In lockdown that jumped to probably triple that  :D
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PopIcon said:
    I started Assassin's Creed Origins  Friday 11th and by the end of this weekend I had played 56 hours, I'm home from work at 3 ish most days and live alone so it's not like I'm neglecting family or anything!!!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I started Assassin's Creed Origins  Friday 11th and by the end of this weekend I had played 56 hours, I'm home from work at 3 ish most days and live alone so it's not like I'm neglecting family or anything!!!
    56 hours is some commitment. If I play games in the day time I feel really guilty, like I should be doing housework or something.
    We only have one TV in doors, and I have quite a few other hobbies to, this is probably why I am shite a most games.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PopIcon said:
    I did the same recently with Odyssey. Proper excited for Valhalla now
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PopIcon said:
    You're a chef and you're home from work at 3? Nice gig, not how I remember it!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PopIcon said:
    I did the same recently with Odyssey. Proper excited for Valhalla now
    It's good and i like the new combat system but the grinding needed just to level up enough to move on to the next mission gets tiresome, especially as I've done 90% of the side missions in each new area!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    PopIcon said:
    You're a chef and you're home from work at 3? Nice gig, not how I remember it!
    school kitchen mate, I'm done for the day now just waiting for a delivery and I'll be out the door 2.30!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Currently, not much. I really need to get started on The Last of Us 2 which I've had since release day. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PopIcon said:
    Nowhere near as much as I used to. 

Probably 4/5/6 hours a week at most and that's if I'm really lucky. Why I'm not pre-ordering the PS5, there's still a few titles on this gen I want and that'll probably take me months to get through.

One day I'll reach the centre of the universe in No man's sky...one day....one day..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably anywhere between 10-20 hours a week, 
    depends on what football's on the tele and if any new games are out

Please don't ask me again when the new FIFA is out as people will either think I'm lying, or spending far too much time on my Xbox for a 27year old!
  • Options
    Easily 20 hours. Only thing getting in the way is work.

I assume most people have booked holiday when the Xbox/Ps come out seeming as they are midweek releases. Hopefully stores are doing midnight launches as well.
  • Options
    Gone for Xbox series S. I aint arsed about online and things like Elder Scrolls and Fallout are my kinda games. 

Though I might look at getting Assassins Creed Valhalla on release.
  • Options
    Smyths online shop came back online, by the time I filled out the form for all access and went to check out they had sold out and couldn't process my order!!!

Game, Argos, Amazon, AO, Smyth's and Currys have all sold out, it was the same with the PS 5 last week, I don't. get how they sell out within a day every new generation
  • Options
    I'm not that bothered if I can't get one at launch, the launch titles aren't particularly jumping out at me (Spiderman looks good but can wait) 
  • Options
    The S won't be much of an upgrade, loading times aside. 

Graphics will be better but still 1080, so not sure it's worth making that the main console.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The S won't be much of an upgrade, loading times aside. 

Graphics will be better but still 1080, so not sure it's worth making that the main console.
    It's 1440p isn't it?
  • Options
    I would have thought games as big as Elder Scrolls and Fallout would just be short term exclusives, so maybe 6 months to a year before being released on other systems. Any word on this?
  • Options
    I would have thought games as big as Elder Scrolls and Fallout would just be short term exclusives, so maybe 6 months to a year before being released on other systems. Any word on this?
    They said they'll honour current deals in place, including Deathloop being a PS5 exclusive for 12 months, so I don't see how they'll then change the exclusivity for Elder Scrolls etc
  • Options
    Imagine the look on a hardcore Sony fanboys face when they open a new FO or Elder Scrolls game and an Xbox/Microsoft Studios logo pops up, it's gonna sting!