Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The digital only one is £359, specs are a lot better than the Series S for only £50 more, I'd say that's a comfortable win for Sony on the "cheap" versions.
    This is where I'm torn. I'll likely go digital, but that means no cheap 2nd hand games.

It'll take me a bit longer to decide, the digital only being a oner cheaper is obviously a big draw especially when most of my games are bought via PSN BUT there's always that one game where you want the exclusive special edition box! 

Plus picking up the odd 2nd hand as you say, like now, been wanting to pick up Outer Worlds for a while as sounds like my sort of game but its still 40 odd on the PSN store and I just don't see it being worth that much..

• Options
    How often do PSN have sales and are they a decent discount?

Xbox do sales decent sales all the time, last week I got Deluxe version of AC Origins for £12 and Gold version of Odyssey for £16 saving over £80 on both, when my son left his PS4 at mine in the summer the best deal I found for a PS exclusive I fancied was the first last of us for £8 and granted it was a great game and I'm glad I played it but couldn't really see many other deals on exclusives.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Still enjoying games on PS4 and Xbox One so don't feel any rush to jump into the next gen. Perhaps give me some time to see how it plays out, as well. Just started Horizon Zero Dawn, brilliant!
  • Options

£350 for the digital is a great price. I only ever really buy games new so I'll go for the digital version.

I am waiting for GT7 release date before pulling the trigger. So far, I haven't seen any games that appeal enough for me to buy on Nov 19th.

• Options
    Pre-ordered the disc version. PS4 is the only way I can play DVD's or Blu-Rays so worth it for that although I mainly buy digital games anyway.

Surprised there are so few games out at launch but expect Spiderman on top of the last of the PS4 games that I've already started will keep me busy until the flurry of releases in 2021
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    The digital only one is £359, specs are a lot better than the Series S for only £50 more, I'd say that's a comfortable win for Sony on the "cheap" versions.
    This is where I'm torn. I'll likely go digital, but that means no cheap 2nd hand games.

It'll take me a bit longer to decide, the digital only being a oner cheaper is obviously a big draw especially when most of my games are bought via PSN BUT there's always that one game where you want the exclusive special edition box! 

Plus picking up the odd 2nd hand as you say, like now, been wanting to pick up Outer Worlds for a while as sounds like my sort of game but its still 40 odd on the PSN store and I just don't see it being worth that much..

Outer worlds you cna pick up for about £12-15 on ebay. I am watching it on there right now. 

I'd recommend the disc edition as if you end up buying games a while after release pre-owned in 5-10 games it'll have paid off the difference. 
  • Options
    Where’s everyone preordering from? I registered my interest months ago with GAME yet last night bang on midnight the email comes through saying preorder now yet I’m fast asleep. Everywhere is already out of stock 
  • Options
    James86 said:
    Where’s everyone preordering from? I registered my interest months ago with GAME yet last night bang on midnight the email comes through saying preorder now yet I’m fast asleep. Everywhere is already out of stock 
    Very
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    James86 said:
    Very
    All out of stock 
  • Options
    James86 said:

Looks like Argos pre-orders are only going live tomorrow mate, might be worth staying on top of it and checking that out tomorrow.

This article shows a few places, I tried clicking on Curry's myself but the pre order page isn't loading, too much traffic I think:

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/09/17/ps5-pre-orders-amazon-uk-live-at-9am-argos-on-friday-more-where-to-buy-uk/

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020

Bethesda bought by Microsoft, going Xbox exclusive? Ouch
  • Options
    Genuinely can't believe that. What a purchase by Microsoft
  • Options
    Can't imagine not playing the new Elder Scrolls when it comes out. It's a bloody massive move. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Bethesda bought by Microsoft, going Xbox exclusive? Ouch

No way could the Elder scrolls or Fallout lines be xbox exclusive, if that did happen I wouldn't be tempted to get an Xbox for 2 games every couple of years, I'd just live with it and cry into my dualshock.
  • Options
    Best things is all their new games will go on Gamepass on day 1 of release
  • Options
    Much prefer having the physical copy of the game no matter if it is XBOS, PS, switch etc 
  • Options
    For people torn between the digital and the disc drive PS5, longterm it's likely best to pay extra for the disk drive. They've priced them so wildly far apart in an attempt to squeeze out physical media sales so that everything can go through their store. If they succeed then that will affect not only being able to get cheap games for this system, but for future systems as well. It'll save you hundreds in the long run if the move to solely digital purchases can be delayed
  • Options
    FFS 

TES & FO are my favourite series. 

If Sony were to buy Square Enix I would be FORCED to buy both consoles! :cry:

• Options
    Surprised Bethesda have jumped into bed with one side like this, the amount MS must have offered them, astronomical amounts, I'm sure
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Surprised Bethesda have jumped into bed with one side like this, the amount MS must have offered them, astronomical amounts, I'm sure
    7.5Billion apparently!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry for being naive, but what games do Bethesda make?
  • Options
    Fallout, DOOM and The Elder Scrolls series amongst other things
  • Options
    Fantastic deal for Microsoft. Bethesda have needed a kick up the arse for a while, I wonder if Microsoft will be the one who will be able to do it? 

But what a deal, if they make the next elder scrolls an Xbox exclusive I might buy an Xbox just for that.
  • Options
    Fantastic deal for Microsoft. Bethesda have needed a kick up the arse for a while, I wonder if Microsoft will be the one who will be able to do it? 

But what a deal, if they make the next elder scrolls an Xbox exclusive I might buy an Xbox just for that.
    Apparently all games currently in development will be on all scheduled platforms, but moving forwards will be exclusives
  • Options
    I have been an Xbox user for a while but have made the switch this time around, as I have a PC I get many of the titles to play on that using Game Pass. So I get best of both worlds as I see it.

I've gone for the digital version, whilst I get the argument about older games being cheaper second hand you now get many games going zero cost on the PC such as Watch Dogs 2 this week. To be fair I have only ever bought one second hand game for my Xbox One.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Apparently all games currently in development will be on all scheduled platforms, but moving forwards will be exclusives
    That's alright then. PS users will be able to play the new Elder Scrolls and on current form it will be 12 years before the next one comes out. 
  • Options
    Microsoft said they will decide on exclusives on a game by game basis so I expect the really big already established games like Elder Scrolls and Doom will stay multi platform.

I'm happy as more games for me day one of release with Gamepass.
  • Options
    Anywhere doing ps5 pre orders still 

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Anywhere doing ps5 pre orders still 

Doubt it, it was a bit of a mess as it started early. In the US Amazon have emailed some customers to say they might not get them until after release day, though Sony have said they will do their best to get more numbers.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Fallout, DOOM and The Elder Scrolls series amongst other things
    Don't they do Wolfenstein too?