Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    Torn. Have both have an Xbox and PS4. I find the Xbox controller, menu system, online experience to be superior to PS. 

But PS usually has a better exclusive line up and most of my mates are on it.

At the moment still leaning towards Xbox I suppose, mostly for the insane value Game Pass offers.
  • Options
    PS5 controller looks like it'll be much nicer to hold than the PS4s one, and the loading times of PS5 are going to be insanely fast. Think they're redoing the menu system too so will wait to see what that looks like. The games on PS are unrivalled though
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Torn. Have both have an Xbox and PS4. I find the Xbox controller, menu system, online experience to be superior to PS. 

But PS usually has a better exclusive line up and most of my mates are on it.

At the moment still leaning towards Xbox I suppose, mostly for the insane value Game Pass offers.
    Same although from the opposite side of the console divide. 

Will get the PS5 as soon as released but actually thinking I might get both for this generation. 

If anyone wants to peak at the potential graphics power of the PS, have a look at Unreal Engine 5 on Youtube. It is..... Unreal! 
  • Options
    I noticed on Fifa that they're advertising the Duel Entitlement, so if you buy it on the PS4 you can have a free version on PS5. Do you think the PS5 will be delayed now? This hasn't been done before, or I'm maybe reading too much into it. 
  • Options
    I noticed on Fifa that they're advertising the Duel Entitlement, so if you buy it on the PS4 you can have a free version on PS5. Do you think the PS5 will be delayed now? This hasn't been done before, or I'm maybe reading too much into it. 
    It's because EA want your money as soon as possible and as FIFA is being launched later this year it's now only 6 weeks or so before the rumoured PS5 launch date, and they think people will hold out on buying FIFA 21 till the new generation
  • Options
    Also ps3-ps4 had free or discounted upgrades to games that crossed over, so it's nothing new
  • Options
    Yeah.. I cant see this being an issue. 

Don't expect FIFA 21 on PS5 to be any different to the PS4 version.

Im not usually any fan of EA, but I do respect that they have extended FIFA20 FUT post-lockdown. They didnt have to do Season 4, but glad they have. 
  • Options
    I don’t don’t understand any of this shit .

we have a ps4 where I’ve downloaded cricket19 and other games 
    im the primary account holder and 4 boys have their accounts in there 

since then we’ve bought 2 x PS4+ (or whatever it is) and linked them up sort of (I let them do it cos I don’t want to get involved)
    why can’t one of my sons play cricket19 on the different PS4+ without going through my account (which is where one of kids is playing Fortnite cos he’s too young on his one) and it boots him whoever is on first out .

I tell them to sort it but they can’t and are claiming I’ve got to buy the game again ... surely not 

• Options

since then we’ve bought 2 x PS4+ (or whatever it is) and linked them up sort of (I let them do it cos I don’t want to get involved)
    why can’t one of my sons play cricket19 on the different PS4+ without going through my account (which is where one of kids is playing Fortnite cos he’s too young on his one) and it boots him whoever is on first out .

I tell them to sort it but they can’t and are claiming I’ve got to buy the game again ... surely not 

I dont know that particular game but it sounds like both consoles are trying to access the same downloaded copy? You will only be able to play it on one console at a time. 

I can play 2 player locally on one PS4 but if i want to play 2 player online (e.g. Ultimate team, COD etc etc) each console needs its own copy. If you downloaded a soft copy of the game, you will need another download for the 2nd console. 
  • Options
    The PS5 looks like a wireless router!
    Xbox looks like a speaker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020

If you want to share games between consoles you're bettet off buying physical discs. Or else they'll have to share one profile for specific games. (I only think that will work.)
  • Options

I dont know that particular game but it sounds like both consoles are trying to access the same downloaded copy? You will only be able to play it on one console at a time. 

I can play 2 player locally on one PS4 but if i want to play 2 player online (e.g. Ultimate team, COD etc etc) each console needs its own copy. If you downloaded a soft copy of the game, you will need another download for the 2nd console. 
    Ok, they’re not trying to get on the same game at the same time 
    it’s just download of cricket games is on my account and the son who isn’t old enough to to play Fortnite goes through my account to get on it and therefore the other son can’t get access to cricket game .

so only solution is I’ll have to buy the cricket game again ?? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020

it’s just download of cricket games is on my account and the son who isn’t old enough to to play Fortnite goes through my account to get on it and therefore the other son can’t get access to cricket game .

Ok I get you now buddy.

You can do 2 without a 2nd copy I have been told..

here are some instructions... 

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/21/sharing-games-on-ps4/

20% it works a treat, 70% it doesn't, 10% it breaks every electronic device in your house 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The PS5 only has one USB-A port by the looks of it. If I have a racing rig and usb Bluetooth wireless headset then I'm gonna be pretty screwed.

Appears the controllers will now be charged via USB-C too.

The original PS4 which I still have only has 2 on the front which is annoying enough! (My external hard drive has to be connected from the front and looks a mess!)
    I've got a cheap USB splitter on mine so I have 5 useable ports instead of 2 and 1 of those is used up by a Seagate 4TB Ext hard drive. 

So I still have 4.
    Why would you need a 4TB HD?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

The PS5 only has one USB-A port by the looks of it. If I have a racing rig and usb Bluetooth wireless headset then I'm gonna be pretty screwed.

The original PS4 which I still have only has 2 on the front which is annoying enough! (My external hard drive has to be connected from the front and looks a mess!)
    I've got a cheap USB splitter on mine so I have 5 useable ports instead of 2 and 1 of those is used up by a Seagate 4TB Ext hard drive. 

So I still have 4.
    Because I download most games. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

So I still have 4.
    Seems a bit excessive, how much space have you used?
  • Options

Ok I get you now buddy.

20% it works a treat, 70% it doesn't, 10% it breaks every electronic device in your house 😂😂😂
    Cheers Caly will get them to try when home later
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

So I still have 4.
    Close to 1TB, it was on offer for less than most 2TB hdd's so was a no brainer and hope it can be used in conjunction with the SSD on PS5 so transfer games between the two so actively played games can be on the SSD and store lesser played ones on the HDD 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:

So I still have 4.
    Close to 1TB, it was on offer for less than most 2TB hdd's so was a no brainer and hope it can be used in conjunction with the SSD on PS5 so transfer games between the two so actively played games can be on the SSD and store lesser played ones on the HDD 
    Absolute no brainer then. I've owned multiple Seagates over the years and on the whole they have been fairly reliable. Need SSD,s to come down in price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S priced at £449 at £249 respectively. Launching on 10th November, with pre-orders from 22nd September.

Next-gen for £249 is surely going to take some customers from PS I'd imagine, albeit with a downgrade in storage and performance. Could see it selling well.

All I need now is a PS5 price/release date and GT7 release date.

• Options

Ok I get you now buddy.

Cheers Caly will get them to try when home later
    The wallys couldn’t work it out and I had to pay to get the game on the on the other PS4+ zzzzz
  • Options
    £249 seems very cheap and I’d imagine it’s cheap enough for a lot of PS owners to pick one up just for exclusives
  • Options
    £249 seems very cheap and I’d imagine it’s cheap enough for a lot of PS owners to pick one up just for exclusives
    Yeah if the PS5 is £400ish I will probably get both, although I wont get the xbox until much later down the line
  • Options
    Going to get XBox X since I love the new FSX flight simulator 2020 which is amazing, will save me from upgrading my older computer.
  • Options
    Going to get XBox X since I love the new FSX flight simulator 2020 which is amazing, will save me from upgrading my older computer.

I was watching a flight sim stream on twitch the other day and the guy was saying he paid £50 or something like that for a 737 and apparently the airports need to be purchased individually or as packs?

It looks great fun, but it sounds damn expensive. Surely they can't bring that sort of pricing to console, can't see that selling well.

• Options

Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S priced at £449 at £249 respectively. Launching on 10th November, with pre-orders from 22nd September.

Next-gen for £249 is surely going to take some customers from PS I'd imagine, albeit with a downgrade in storage and performance. Could see it selling well.

£249? What are the sacrifices over the X?
  • Options
    Playstation's exclusives blow xbox out the water, can't see it changing in the next couple of years tbh
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

£249? What are the sacrifices over the X?
    Main one is the S can't do 4k gaming