Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Will either of these be on sale in shops to buy before Christmas?
  • Options
    Will either of these be on sale in shops to buy before Christmas?
    I reckon stock will be there for December but will get snapped up fast.
  • Options
    In other matters the PS5 is really, really big as we expected but having seen it in a few reviewers hands now... I'm starting to worry where it would go!
  • Options
    As a casual gamer I think controllers have to many buttons.
    I wanted to play cricket 19 this week, but the tutorials took ages. 45 minutes just for the batting, nevermind bowling or fielding.

Without regular play, no way am I going to remember which button does what.

I had hours of fun on my Atari ST and that only had two buttons.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I wanted to play cricket 19 this week, but the tutorials took ages. 45 minutes just for the batting, nevermind bowling or fielding.

A 45 minute tutorial is mental for any game nevermind Cricket! 

You can probably still download Pong or Tetris on the new console if you like ;)
  • Options
    Anyone playing Hades?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Anyone playing Hades?
    Amazing game. Recently finished watching the No Clip documentary on its development as well, well worth a watch if you're into that sorta thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Atari are releasing a console next month too 👍
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

A 45 minute tutorial is mental for any game nevermind Cricket! 

You can probably still download Pong or Tetris on the new console if you like ;)
    I'm not ancient. There were some superb games on the Atari ST. Just to mention a few Dungeon Master, Sensible Soccer and Lemminga were and still are brilliant games.
  • Options
    I often get Nostalgic about the old days and get a Commodore 64 emulator or something similar.  After about 5 mins I get bored and go back to modern games.  I disappoint myself to be honest
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I often get Nostalgic about the old days and get a Commodore 64 emulator or something similar.  After about 5 mins I get bored and go back to modern games.  I disappoint myself to be honest
    I've got a Snes, a megadrive, a ps1, a ps2, a ps3, an XBOX One and a PS4. 

I only ever play the latter two despite all consoles working. 
  • Options
    Anyone planning on using their psvr headset with their new ps5 needs to order a camera adapter as the ps5 camara won’t work with it , I’ve just ordered mine from Sony & they are free & delivered before ps5 arrives 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Looks like we'll be getting some good use out of the new consoles next month ! Every cloud and all that 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Looks like we'll be getting some good use out of the new consoles next month ! Every cloud and all that 
    One of my first thoughts this morning, I’d rather b working but with mrs spitfire teaching & both kids at school at least me & ps5 can spend some quality time together bonding
  • Options
    Been playing Watch Dogs: Legion for the past few days. Instead of having a main character you control, you can recruit anyone you see walking around which is a really interesting idea. The game doesn't work perfectly and is a bit glitchy but I'm enjoying it.

It's rare to have a major release set in London so I'm liking that aspect of it
  • Options
    Been playing Watch Dogs: Legion for the past few days. Instead of having a main character you control, you can recruit anyone you see walking around which is a really interesting idea. The game doesn't work perfectly and is a bit glitchy but I'm enjoying it.

It's rare to have a major release set in London so I'm liking that aspect of it
    After the latest Cyberpunk delay I think I'll get this when the PS5 arrives. Quite enjoyed the first one although didn't finish it and as you say it's rare to have a game based in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Series X secondary purpose in winter...

https://www.whathifi.com/news/xbox-series-x-runs-extremely-hot-according-to-early-reports

So hot it can heat a small flat!
  • Options
    Waiting for my Series X to arrive so I can play Assassin's Creed:Valhalla. I'm way too excited 🤣
  • Options
    Still unable to get a PS5 :-(

Sony have colossally cocked this release up and I now need to wait until god knows when
  • Options
    Torn between what console to get. Xbox has the better specs but Sony has the better games. I’ve always played Xbox but Sony seem to have knocked it out of the park with the PS5, whereas the Xbox Series X just looks like the Xbox One on steroids.

Part of me feels like it’s a waste to spend so much on a console when I could just invest in a PC that undoubtedly runs a lot smoother. 
  • Options
    Torn between what console to get. Xbox has the better specs but Sony has the better games. I’ve always played Xbox but Sony seem to have knocked it out of the park with the PS5, whereas the Xbox Series X just looks like the Xbox One on steroids.

Part of me feels like it’s a waste to spend so much on a console when I could just invest in a PC that undoubtedly runs a lot smoother. 
    I've always got the xbox first previously, but for this reason I'll be getting a PS. What's the point in better specs if there's no games you want to play?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Still unable to get a PS5 :-(

Sony have colossally cocked this release up and I now need to wait until god knows when
    Game will have some online on 19th 
  • Options

I've always got the xbox first previously, but for this reason I'll be getting a PS. What's the point in better specs if there's no games you want to play?
    Depends what games you’re into. It seems like Sony have more exclusive’s in the short term but we really have no idea what Microsoft have up their sleeve. 

They’ve purchased Bethesda for £7.5B but for whatever reason decided to not make their games Xbox exclusive. Unless I’m missing something they’ve just thrown that money away. 

If your mates are on Xbox you should probably go with that, otherwise I see Sony winning the console wars again. 
  • Options
    For me Ill grab the Xbox mainly because of Game Pass. With that I rarely need to buy a game, as I have a ton included with the 10.99 and as of today EA Play is included so I get a ton of sports games too, although not current year. Sony has PS now but I dont think its as good as Game Pass. With the X its great to have the option to play 360 and OG Xbox games as well.

Didnt rush with a preorder because I have an Xbox One X, but Ill see what stocks are like in the new year and maybe pull the trigger then. 

I like Playstation too, but I think Ill wait until a Slim PS5 is released, if only to play the handful of PS exclusives : Uncharted/Last of Us etc....
  • Options
    I think I somehow have 2 ps5's coming on the 19th... tried to get one through Amazon but seemingly to no avail, got one through Argos and that's all paid for, never got an email confirmation or anything from Amazon but there's one in my recent orders and is claiming to be delivered on the 19th... No money taken by Amazon yet either