Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PlayStation 5 or XBOX Series X

Comments

• Options
    I genuinely believe that the PS5 controller will be the difference, graphics will see an upgrade on both but this generation is mainly about speed for XBOX and Sony have gone for fully immersive experience.

- In built microphone and speaker in the controller.
    - 3d sound with the headset,
    - fully responsive controller triggers that can change resistance etc 
    - Continued use of sixaxis

I haven't looked at the other accessories but from what I have read with the full accessory pack, you'd basically rival the gaming set up of most streamers without the need for a PC in the middle.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    I think I somehow have 2 ps5's coming on the 19th... tried to get one through Amazon but seemingly to no avail, got one through Argos and that's all paid for, never got an email confirmation or anything from Amazon but there's one in my recent orders and is claiming to be delivered on the 19th... No money taken by Amazon yet either
    I think Amazon take the money a couple of days before release on pre-orders to make cancelling etc easier. Very did the same for me when I cancelled. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    For me Ill grab the Xbox mainly because of Game Pass. With that I rarely need to buy a game, as I have a ton included with the 10.99 and as of today EA Play is included so I get a ton of sports games too, although not current year. Sony has PS now but I dont think its as good as Game Pass. With the X its great to have the option to play 360 and OG Xbox games as well.

Didnt rush with a preorder because I have an Xbox One X, but Ill see what stocks are like in the new year and maybe pull the trigger then. 

I like Playstation too, but I think Ill wait until a Slim PS5 is released, if only to play the handful of PS exclusives : Uncharted/Last of Us etc....
    PS Now has more titles than GamePass? That includes historical games too. 

Smart decision to hold fire. I am thinking I will wait til 2021 to buy the PS5. Any issues will hopefully arise and be ironed out in that first 6 months... In time for my birthday.
  • Options
    Apparently argos have started shipping, 9 days until mine arrives from very 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    For me Ill grab the Xbox mainly because of Game Pass. With that I rarely need to buy a game, as I have a ton included with the 10.99 and as of today EA Play is included so I get a ton of sports games too, although not current year. Sony has PS now but I dont think its as good as Game Pass. With the X its great to have the option to play 360 and OG Xbox games as well.

Didnt rush with a preorder because I have an Xbox One X, but Ill see what stocks are like in the new year and maybe pull the trigger then. 

I like Playstation too, but I think Ill wait until a Slim PS5 is released, if only to play the handful of PS exclusives : Uncharted/Last of Us etc....
    PS Now has more titles than GamePass? That includes historical games too. 

But PS Now is a separate subscription to PS Plus, so you need both to get the equivalent of GP, and Sony don't put big first party games on PS Now upon release. Game Pass also gives me PC games. PS now is also a streaming service, GP you actually get the games DLd. 

Dont get me wrong PS now is decent, I just think GP is better value.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    PSPlus = £40 a year
    PSNow = £50 a year
    Total = £90 a year 

XB GamePass = £10.99 per month £120.89 a year (first month £1)

I do agree that the PC games being available is a massive temptation for Xbox though and for only £30 a year extra. 

The streaming of games bit is a bit tedious of an argument, most UK homes don't get the required speeds to truly benefit from streaming and will want to download to play for the highest quality output. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    GP gives you ea play included as well, which would be £20 for the year, and the XCloud streaming service. So GP is actually Xbox Live Gold + Game Pass Xbox + Game Pass PC + XCloud + EA Play. They're close, but GP just edges it for me. 

Then there's Xbox All Access where you pay a subscription and get the Xbox console as part of that, probably the best value of the lot. Sony has nothing to counter that yet. 
  • Options
    Xbox for me! Just been delivered and Im at work.....will throw myself into work to make it go quicker!!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I think I somehow have 2 ps5's coming on the 19th... tried to get one through Amazon but seemingly to no avail, got one through Argos and that's all paid for, never got an email confirmation or anything from Amazon but there's one in my recent orders and is claiming to be delivered on the 19th... No money taken by Amazon yet either
    If you're looking to sell one of them @sam3110 just let me know ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    GP gives you ea play included as well, which would be £20 for the year, and the XCloud streaming service. So GP is actually Xbox Live Gold + Game Pass Xbox + Game Pass PC + XCloud + EA Play. They're close, but GP just edges it for me. 

Then there's Xbox All Access where you pay a subscription and get the Xbox console as part of that, probably the best value of the lot. Sony has nothing to counter that yet. 
    Oh you bugger... 

I'd not seen the all access stuff before... Tempted by the Series S on that kind of deal! £21 a month for 24 months... 

Xbox Series S (Xbox All Access)

£20.99 a month^with no upfront cost and 0% APR for 24 months with Klarna^£503.76 over 24 months^
    Home Delivery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game had some more series X online at lunch for delivery 18th December but I missed out again so will be the new year before they get some more in in imagine.

I still don't see how both Microsoft and Sony can't make enough consoles ready for launch day, the hardware and console design would have been finalized at least 12 months ago so they both have had a year to make the consoles.
  • Options
    Game had some more series X online at lunch for delivery 18th December but I missed out again so will be the new year before they get some more in in imagine.

I still don't see how both Microsoft and Sony can't make enough consoles ready for launch day, the hardware and console design would have been finalized at least 12 months ago so they both have had a year to make the consoles.
    The old Scarcity Principle strikes again in the tech world.
  • Options
    Torn between what console to get. Xbox has the better specs but Sony has the better games. I’ve always played Xbox but Sony seem to have knocked it out of the park with the PS5, whereas the Xbox Series X just looks like the Xbox One on steroids.

Part of me feels like it’s a waste to spend so much on a console when I could just invest in a PC that undoubtedly runs a lot smoother. 
    I've always got the xbox first previously, but for this reason I'll be getting a PS. What's the point in better specs if there's no games you want to play?
    Depends what games you’re into. It seems like Sony have more exclusive’s in the short term but we really have no idea what Microsoft have up their sleeve. 

They’ve purchased Bethesda for £7.5B but for whatever reason decided to not make their games Xbox exclusive. Unless I’m missing something they’ve just thrown that money away. 

If your mates are on Xbox you should probably go with that, otherwise I see Sony winning the console wars again. 
    Phil Spencer said a couple of weeks ago that Microsoft don't have to sell Bethesda games on PlayStation in order to recoup they money they spent buying them, he also said that with console, pc and now Xcloud gaming that he can't ever see a time where they will release the Bethesda games on any other platform than Microsoft. 
    I think after the games already down to be PS5 exclusives the only Bethesda titles Sony will get are Elder Scrolls Online and the multiplayer content for Doom, Fallout etc, the main versions of the big games will be xbox only.
  • Options
    Series X going for £800+ on eBay, something should be done to stop the selling on for double the price like this, they found a way with gig tickets so hopefully this sort of thing will be looked at next.
  • Options
    Series X going for £800+ on eBay, something should be done to stop the selling on for double the price like this, they found a way with gig tickets so hopefully this sort of thing will be looked at next.
    It's a different issue. Gigs only happen once so if you miss out due to scalpers you can't go again in a weeks time. 

If you don't want to pay £800 for an Xbox right now then you wait a couple of months and pay RRP.

I don't agree with scalping and think it's immoral but it's just supply and demand.
  • Options
    I wonder how stock for Xbox and PS5 is shipped into the country, i hope its not through ports as i've heard a few concerning stories re stock getting into the country, surely their reputation is on the line for it not to turn up on time?
  • Options
    The current generation of gamers have taken years to develop and are growing. More girls, women and adults are gaming than ever before, so it's more consoles. 

Current generation have around
    150 million ps4s sold and 60 million xbox ones sold (across all variants)

I believe 2 million or so PS4's were available on launch of that console and Sony confirmed there would be more than that for this console. I vaguely remember reading they intend to have something like 4.5m available for Christmas so that would require around 12500 consoles to be built each day...
    That's a lot for such a machine, but it's also the controller that needs building and that's another huge technical effort given all the features. 

For XBox, it'd be smaller numbers maybe half that, but still these aren't simple consoles to build, XBOX's new shape adds complexity to that build, that and their two shape options. 

• Options
    I wonder how stock for Xbox and PS5 is shipped into the country, i hope its not through ports as i've heard a few concerning stories re stock getting into the country, surely their reputation is on the line for it not to turn up on time?
    Ahh so you too are in the hope of great airships to deliver the consoles. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ahh so you too are in the hope of great airships to deliver the consoles. 
    Cue a story in the media about console delays in the next few weeks?
  • Options
    Anyone got theirs yet? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Got a family member that will be getting first dibs on it, if I sold it on eBay I could probably double my money but I can't be arsed with the hoohah of it all. 

As an aside, seen quite a few problems with the Series X on socials today, including a few smoking machines! Fingers crossed Playstation doesn't have the same problems next week, but I do wonder if they've rushed the launch through because of Covid
  • Options
    If anyone has double ordered I am looking for my son. 
    Had one in my Asda basket yesterday all the way to entering payment details when a note popped up saying the item had been removed from my basket 😖 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Swisdom said:
    sam3110 said:
    Got a family member that will be getting first dibs on it, if I sold it on eBay I could probably double my money but I can't be arsed with the hoohah of it all. 

As an aside, seen quite a few problems with the Series X on socials today, including a few smoking machines! Fingers crossed Playstation doesn't have the same problems next week, but I do wonder if they've rushed the launch through because of Covid
    Series X was reported as running hot from day 1 with devs. 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0h6DVBoDAU&feature=youtu.be

Some other issues... It's loud apparently, very loud. Also a few not accepting discs!

Apparently most of the smoking ones are being debunked as vapers blowing vape into the side port. 
  • Options
    I seem to remember the disc drive on the OG xbox one made a similar noise when it launched, pretty poor if Microsoft have knowingly sent out units that could potentially have a faulty disc drive, saw a few videos today of smoking consoles and one with a floating ping pong ball, all of which have been debunked but no doubt there will some that overheat.

I also read that Amazon over sold their pre order allocation and have been sending emails out let customers know about the delay, but, in the small print it says you have to click a link to actually confirm you still want the console and they just say they hope to deliver by Dec 31st!!! If you don't read the small print and confirm you still want the console they just won't deliver it even if though it was pre-ordrered.

I think I'll pick up a second had one x from CEX as my OG xbox one is on its last legs and get series X sometime next year. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The current generation of gamers have taken years to develop and are growing. More girls, women and adults are gaming than ever before, so it's more consoles. 

I believe 2 million or so PS4's were available on launch of that console and Sony confirmed there would be more than that for this console. I vaguely remember reading they intend to have something like 4.5m available for Christmas so that would require around 12500 consoles to be built each day...
    That's a lot for such a machine, but it's also the controller that needs building and that's another huge technical effort given all the features. 

For XBox, it'd be smaller numbers maybe half that, but still these aren't simple consoles to build, XBOX's new shape adds complexity to that build, that and their two shape options. 

I think your sold figures are massively overstated, especially for the PS4 but aside from that. Thousands of consoles being built a day isn't a difficult task. Once they have all of the equipment (robots) set up, they'll be able to churn a console out in 30 seconds or less. If you've got 4 / 5 factories doing that then those figures are easily achieved.

There won't be much difficulty in assembling the console, most of it is plug and play. The controller will be more complex with a bit of wiring & soldering but again, won't take long automated. The components are simple and have a small part to play in driving the features, it's the software that does the majority of the heavy lifting.
  • Options
    It begins... 🤮

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I think your sold figures are massively overstated, especially for the PS4 but aside from that. Thousands of consoles being built a day isn't a difficult task. Once they have all of the equipment (robots) set up, they'll be able to churn a console out in 30 seconds or less. If you've got 4 / 5 factories doing that then those figures are easily achieved.

There won't be much difficulty in assembling the console, most of it is plug and play. The controller will be more complex with a bit of wiring & soldering but again, won't take long automated. The components are simple and have a small part to play in driving the features, it's the software that does the majority of the heavy lifting.
    You're right the PS4 has sold 115m as of August 2020, misread the PS2 sold 150m
  • Options
    Thinking of getting a ps4 or an xbox one? Which is better?  I know i’m a bit behind the times - honestly not a wind up. More tempted by ps4 because you don’t have to pay for online
  • Options
    Thinking of getting a ps4 or an xbox one? Which is better?  I know i’m a bit behind the times - honestly not a wind up. More tempted by ps4 because you don’t have to pay for online
    You have to pay for online for both. 

I had both but ended up never playing my xbox one, I liked the ps4 experience more and the ps4 exclusives are better imo. Comes down to personal preference in the selection of games really.