Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season-ticket holders receive live access to watch every remaining game on Valley Pass

Comments

• Options
    That article reads as if we season ticket holders will be exchanging our "CAFC Cash" (FFS really?!?) for watching streamed matches.
    Valley Pass is how much? £6.50/mth auto repeat or £4 for 48 hours?
    That's wrong. It's £5 per game using a VPN and £10 a game for those few midweek fixtures without one

• Options
    Can anyone advise how much it costs to stream a match for a season ticket holder? 

Based on the email I've received at 5.31pm today from the club, I'll have to use my "CAFC cash" (sounds totally crooked) to pay for it.  Will a lower north adult season ticket cover it? 

If not, then why the hell am I being asked to pay more for something that I have already paid for, especially when I am not even at the ground? 

• Options
    Can anyone advise how much it costs to stream a match for a season ticket holder? 

Based on the email I've received at 5.31pm today from the club, I'll have to use my "CAFC cash" (sounds totally crooked) to pay for it.  Will a lower north adult season ticket cover it? 

If not, then why the hell am I being asked to pay more for something that I have already paid for, especially when I am not even at the ground? 

No one knows the full cost until Monday

They said more details released on Monday so guessing everything will be revealed then
  • Options

No one knows the full cost until Monday

They said more details released on Monday so guessing everything will be revealed then
    Thanks Paulie

• Options
    Why the hell is NOTHING straightforward at our club ?

Am I alone in thinking there are similarities between our ongoing suffering & the tortuous journey that Dante made through the Inferno (Hell )?

" Abandon all hope, ye who enter here " sums up the way I feel when I log onto this thread each day.

We Addicks are slap bang in the middle of the 9 concentric circles of torment ( and don't we know it !) where those who are " perverting their human intellect to fraud or malice against their fellow men " reside. 

Hmmm. Wonder who that could be ? 

Sadly, we find ourselves stuck in the first circle called Limbo, whilst our tormentors appear to happily inhabit those numbered four( Greed), eight ( Fraud) & nine( Treachery) 

Feel free to allocate appropriate names as you see fit. 

Indeed, there is a "happy" ending to this epic as the hero finally emerges safely from his journey & we can but hope that ours mirrors this. 

I have examined the bare bones of the poem for clues that might raise our spirits during this current nightmeire but could only find brief references to "Henry" &  "Brunetto" until I belatedly came across  "St Peter"....hardly a sign, methinks.

And, of course, the Inferno is only the first part of Dante's masterpiece.

Maybe "Divine Comedy " describes our situation perfectly ? 
  • Options
    I seem to have £75 to spend on future on future Charlton or cash out. 

Seems like a decent initiative to me.
  • Options

If it costs S/T holders £10 to watch.
    I get back £62 and would need to spend £40, with the added bonus of not catching Covid19 and dying.
    Seems reasonable to me.
    Plus 3 of us would watch for £10, so even better deal.
  • Options
    Where am I gonna see what the kids get refunded , They haven’t got email or links to any guff or can I access through my account .

for the record if they said all season ticket holders get to see all home games for free the fella paying £400 will moan that he gets the same view as the £175 fella so what’s his recompense, so there has to be a bit of something to go on , maybe reduce the CAFC cash by the money returned to the cheapest adult , so mr £400 has a bit left over and £175 nowt .

then what if it’s a kid who lives with the other parent who doesn’t go and he has a £25 season ticket 🤷‍♂️

Or if you’ve got a lifetime season ticket and you’ve been given nothing 🙄

• Options
    I've looked at seven different Championship clubs websites including Millwall's, Cardiff's,Derby's & Birmingham's & they offer season ticket holders free  coverage of their clubs remaining nine matches & they also offer season ticket holders refunds or discounts on future ticket purchases. It's probably better waiting until Monday to discover exactly what the deal is for season ticket holders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seem to be making hard work of going live, will need to ask the lad,who will sort it in seconds for the right price no doubt. 
  • Options
    I'm confused, are we saying that ST holders will have to pay to watch matched on Valley Pass? What sort of reward for loyalty is that?
  • Options
    OK so if I appear a bit thick please bear with me. I have just registered on the site (successfully) for the Valley Pass offer (I am a full season ticket holder). One email says the games are free but the website says I have to pay? Hopefully Monday will clear it up!
  • Options
    The website seems to have either deleted the post or amended the article where it mentions about non-season ticket holders having to pay £10 per game. Hopefully messed up the details and is free as per most articles elsewhere. 
  • Options
    Well if it’s not free I am going to the home games.
  • Options

I get back £62 and would need to spend £40, with the added bonus of not catching Covid19 and dying.
    Seems reasonable to me.
    Is it also reasonable to you that the club is not ready  to refund cash and won’t give a date when it will? This isn’t just season ticket refunds but three figure amounts spent on away games. Earlier you were lauding the club out paying out hundreds of thousands, but it’s now clear it’s paying out nothing at the moment, just moving notional sums around within the business.

I think if Charlton are charging ST holders to watch some games then the EFL should be asked to make clear that their publicity does not apply to us.
    Is it reasonable that you are suggesting that I've said or supported your above paragraph, when I have not?

I never said any of your above paragraph, so please don't try and suggest that I did.

I made my comments when it had been suggested that everyone would be entitled to full refunds for everything and before the last statement, which put quite a different perspective on matters.
  • Options
    Logical solution here seems to be to make games £9

The lowest refunded CAFC cash amount for a ST holder was £37, right.

There are 4 home games left.

Therefore, make access to coverage £9/game and all ST holders then get access to all remaining home games

• Options
    edited June 2020

Seems reasonable to me.
    Is it also reasonable to you that the club is not ready  to refund cash and won’t give a date when it will? This isn’t just season ticket refunds but three figure amounts spent on away games. Earlier you were lauding the club out paying out hundreds of thousands, but it’s now clear it’s paying out nothing at the moment, just moving notional sums around within the business.

I think if Charlton are charging ST holders to watch some games then the EFL should be asked to make clear that their publicity does not apply to us.
    Is it reasonable that you are suggesting that I've said or supported your above paragraph, when I have not?

I never said any of your above paragraph, so please don't try and suggest that I did.

I made my comments when it had been suggested that everyone would be entitled to full refunds for everything and before the last statement, which put quite a different perspective on matters.
    I haven’t said that though, have I? 

You are always very quick to jump in and defend things the club does in the ticketing area, so I’m asking you if you think it’s reasonable to continue to withhold money, particularly as you previously stated the club was paying out £1m and that this was evidence of fresh funding going in, when the opposite appears to be true.

I think fans may have to resort to Section 75 claims (where eligible) and trading standards to get (away) match ticket money which was never Charlton’s in the first place. They don’t need an application form or a delay, they could simply refund the match ticket money automatically in most cases. Staff must be working In order to set up the CAFC cash option. It’s quite obvious that they don’t want to give it back and that they are acting unlawfully by withholding it.

Despite producing bespoke emails for match ticket holders, separate from the season ticket one, the club makes no reference in it to match ticket refunds and just talks about season tickets in that context.

Match ticket email:

“If you wish to claim a refund of your CAFC Cash for the outstanding games of your 2019/20 season ticket, you will have to do so by filling in an online form. This will be released at a later date.“

• Options
    edited June 2020
    I can’t be bothered to go a check but if the club has created an account for me and put monies it is holding for me that sounds suspiciously like deposit taking, a regulated activity they would have to be approved to carry out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Therefore, make access to coverage £9/game and all ST holders then get access to all remaining home games

No, I have £29 in my CAFC Cash. I’m going to be mad if they make me pay more to watch it at home than what I have already paid if we could attend the games in person. It’s completely wrong.
  • Options
    Sage said:

No, I have £29 in my CAFC Cash. I’m going to be mad if they make me pay more to watch it at home than what I have already paid if we could attend the games in person. It’s completely wrong.
    Aha. Thanks for the correction/info.

Assuming that is the amount given for cheapest  season ticket, it would have to be £CAFC7.25/game then. That would be the price point for all season ticket holders to be able to watch all 4 remaining home games. 

Let's see what they say on Monday.

• Options
    I've only got £27 over 65 ambulant disabled north lower. 

So as it's an oldies ticket not an adult I now have to pay extra to watch the remaining games. 

If that's right, that's incredibly unfair and ageist! I would have seen the remaining home games for that £27 and that is exactly what I will expect to happen now.
  • Options
    To be fair we are not the only Championship club acting like this -Fulham make it clear on their website that if ST holders decide they want to watch their games through their service that no refunds or credits will be given for the games that they physically cannot attend.

Leeds though are very generous. If their ST holders decided to watch their games, they will get in addition to that at no further cost, a programme for each home game and a £50 retail voucher!
  • Options
    I’m not judging till I’ve seen tomorrow’s announcement of the Ts&Cs. I’m hoping that ST holders will get all 4 home games free or for a token amount. I don’t mind paying out of my Charlton cash Scooby snacks for the away games. If it’s less advantageous than that then they can poke it and I will save my cash for a ticket for a future game. I’m done with season tickets now until there is some stability. 
  • Options
    I think the term free accesses to streamed games is economical with the truth. What they mean I expect is that the streamed home games are now part of the season ticket and the cost is covered by what remains on the season ticket. Similarly if you have a ticket to an away game then you can stream that games without further charge,
    Amy thing else would be generous in a time when clubs income has dropped to near zero.
  • Options
    A similar story at Forest where a chum there tells me that if as a ST holder you decide not to view the games then all they will give you back is 10% off next season's ST price with free Caraboa Cup tickets or club vouchers.....
  • Options

So as it's an oldies ticket not an adult I now have to pay extra to watch the remaining games. 

If that's right, that's incredibly unfair and ageist! I would have seen the remaining home games for that £27 and that is exactly what I will expect to happen now.
    Exactly the same for me but as a student. It’s ridiculous the way they’ve done this.

The club has completely messed it up if they do what I think they’re going to. It’s not hard to have free access to remaining home games as a season ticket holder. If you choose not to watch them, you ask for a refund, sorted.

Leeds are allowing all season ticket holders access to all remaining home and away games, a free crowdie, a programme, and a £50 gift hard. That’s how it’s done. Not this nonsense that our club has come up with that is very unfair for a lot of people.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Where am I gonna see what the kids get refunded , They haven’t got email or links to any guff or can I access through my account .

for the record if they said all season ticket holders get to see all home games for free the fella paying £400 will moan that he gets the same view as the £175 fella so what’s his recompense, so there has to be a bit of something to go on , maybe reduce the CAFC cash by the money returned to the cheapest adult , so mr £400 has a bit left over and £175 nowt .

then what if it’s a kid who lives with the other parent who doesn’t go and he has a £25 season ticket 🤷‍♂️

Or if you’ve got a lifetime season ticket and you’ve been given nothing 🙄

If you pay 400 quid for your s/t you can watch unInterrupted while seated on your sofa, the cheapest seats however involve standing up watching while family members continually interrupt your view by constantly popping out to the toilet. 
    V the spanner’s, all doors of the house will be locked for 30 before the final whistle and the tv switched off while your noisey neighbours hurl abuse at you over the garden fence and throw plastic seating on your lawn. 👍
  • Options
    Sage said:

Exactly the same for me but as a student. It’s ridiculous the way they’ve done this.

The club has completely messed it up if they do what I think they’re going to. It’s not hard to have free access to remaining home games as a season ticket holder. If you choose not to watch them, you ask for a refund, sorted.

Leeds are allowing all season ticket holders access to all remaining home and away games, a free crowdie, a programme, and a £50 gift hard. That’s how it’s done. Not this nonsense that our club has come up with that is very unfair for a lot of people.
    Well I wrote to the club on Friday as I feared that what you  write is correct, as I myself  also have  £29 , I got a reply informing me that the club will reply within 48 hours, okay it is Sunday, so expect a call Monday. I mentioned both Juniors and seniors, and hopefully the club will make an adjustment so that season ticket holders can see all the home games, regardless of where they sit and what they pay? . I have a sky sports subscription so will get the Millwall, so only a £1 at stake, but that is not the issue. I would happily have paid £10 for the away games. It is about the club offering a fair settlement, so fans can see the  home matches as they stated, or having the cash, or roll over for next season. Does this really cost the club anything? . If the EFL or whoever is demanding £10 a game then  that mitigates the situation. Personally I think the club has cocked up, and will revise there position. We shall see?