Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season-ticket holders receive live access to watch every remaining game on Valley Pass

Comments

• Options
    Guys,I am appalling with modern technology,how do I find out how much my wife and I have in our cash account.

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/

I signed in here. Clicked my name on the top left and clicked 'Personal Details'.

On that page, you should see your CAFC cash balance mate

If you get stuck, drop me a PM 👍🏻 

• Options
    Email from club re CAFC cash:

Use CAFC Cash Against Streaming Products

While you will not be able to attend the game in person, you will be able to stream them online. As such, you will be able to use your CAFC Cash against the cost of streaming the games.

Any CAFC Cash you have will be able to be deducted from the overall price of the stream, while you will have to pay any excess yourself.

Alternatively, you can email VPSupport@streamamg.com with any questions you might have. 

You will be able to choose this option from Monday onwards.

• Options
    Just got an email from the club - “CAFC cash” can be used towards streaming costs, if you choose to do this. So streaming is not free to season ticket holders.
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Just got an email from the club - “CAFC cash” can be used towards streaming costs, if you choose to do this. So streaming is not free to season ticket holders.
    It's not really clear. But we shall soon find out. 

I assume this could be for those non season ticket holders who have purchased games in advances etc... 
  • Options
    Am sorry but thats ridiculous if those with with less than £40 cash have to pay for home games - to top it off why should I get my three home games for free (Millwall on SKY!) plus four away games just because my season ticket was a bit more expensive
  • Options
    Am sorry but thats ridiculous if those with with less than £40 cash have to pay for home games - to top it off why should I get my three home games for free (Millwall on SKY!) plus four away games just because my season ticket was a bit more expensive
    Assuming they charge £10. They can charge what they like.
  • Options
    I have to agree that the whole thing seems unnecessarily confusing, and silly to send one email now, but not the rest of the information until Monday
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Assuming they charge £10. They can charge what they like.
    Yet even then, if its £5 per home game for ST Holders, I still get the advantage of having a handful of away games for free over someone like @Sage

As Paulie says, think the fairest way would have been Home Games free regardless if you have a full or half season ticket - Away games we then pay for the ones we want to see
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted & @paulie8290 both of you are bang on.

It could’ve been so straight forward but they have managed to cock it up and make it confusing.

Season ticket holders should at least get every home game free on Valley Pass. You have paid for them already. You therefore get to access the home games for free. Simple. Non season ticket holders pay £10, just like they would have to pay an individual match ticket anyway. Again, simple.

Why am I having to pay more to watch Charlton at home on ValleyPass than I have already paid if I was able to attend? All because my CAFC Cash does not equal what it would cost for ValleyPass? It’s wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the basis it says this;

"Any CAFC Cash you have will be able to be deducted from the overall price of the stream, while you will have to pay any excess yourself."

Means they know some peoples cash will not be enough...... wonder if we can pool...... have about £70 for our household.

Crazy really, they should have just given ST holders free access to the games they'd paid for.
  • Options
    So, I've got £76 for my two season tickets. Games were advertised as 'free' for season ticket holders but I'd have to use that credit and add £14 assuming they charge £10 per game? WTF? Free - my arse!
  • Options
    Sage said:

It could’ve been so straight forward but they have managed to cock it up and make it confusing.

Season ticket holders should at least get every home game free on Valley Pass. You have paid for them already. You therefore get to access the home games for free. Simple. Non season ticket holders pay £10, just like they would have to pay an individual match ticket anyway. Again, simple.

Why am I having to pay more to watch Charlton at home on ValleyPass than I have already paid if I was able to attend? All because my CAFC Cash does not equal what it would cost for ValleyPass? It’s wrong.
    The only way I can understand the way they've done CAFC Cash is for those who dont want to watch the streams or dont have the capability

Take me and you for example, if neither of us can watch and want a refund then they've done it the right way - I paid more for my season ticket so ultimately would get a bigger refund

I think that could have been asked in a simple question to fans

As a reason ticket holder do you intend to watch the Home Games on ValleyPass

(1) YES - Well you dont get any CAFC Cash back, thank you for your support
    (2) NO - You'll receive your CAFC Cash on your website in due course, if you do choose to watch home games at a later date please note these will cost you £10
  • Options
    iainment said:
    If there are, say, 4 ST holders in one household do they have to buy extra TVs?
    Charlton will be watching you through the micro camera that is secretly installed into every TV yet no one gets told about

If they see more than one person watching you'll get a Payment request through the post in a few days

• Options
    A few of us will take it in turn to buy a game and host a garden party. Would rather put the cash towards a few tinnies that everyone pay to watch the same game. 
  • Options
    Sage said:

The only way I can understand the way they've done CAFC Cash is for those who dont want to watch the streams or dont have the capability

Take me and you for example, if neither of us can watch and want a refund then they've done it the right way - I paid more for my season ticket so ultimately would get a bigger refund

I think that could have been asked in a simple question to fans

As a reason ticket holder do you intend to watch the Home Games on ValleyPass

(1) YES - Well you dont get any CAFC Cash back, thank you for your support
    (2) NO - You'll receive your CAFC Cash on your website in due course, if you do choose to watch home games at a later date please note these will cost you £10
    100% agree. It is so simple and makes so much more sense.

You would be entitled to have more back because you paid more for it already. But the principle is the same, we both would have attended the games, so we both, as season ticket holders, should get free access to ValleyPass for home games. If you choose to not watch them on ValleyPass, you’re entitled to the CAFC Cash.

You are completely right and I really hope that the club are reading this and seeing the system they’ve implemented is ridiculous and there is a clear and simple solution to this problem they’ve seemingly created.
  • Options
    Thanks for help,my wife and I both have £52.oo total 104,can this be combined so we have enough between us to watch all the games.
  • Options
    My photograph of Broadcasting house where  room 101  was actually a boiler room, while Orwell worked at Bush House, with little relish for the corporation I am led to understand. 

• Options
    Let’s wait till Monday. It maybe free home games and use your cash for away games for instance.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Claiming A Refund

If you wish to claim a refund of your CAFC Cash for the outstanding games of your 2019/20 season ticket, you will have to do so by filling in an online form. This will be released at a later date.

There's no way they can just continue to sit on this money because it suits them. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    It seems to me that even as a season ticket holder it is going to cost more money to watch the home games.. 

No surprise really. 

As an old git just navigating the website and deliberately ambiguous disingenuous wording seems more hassle that it's worth. Don't need any more stress.

I'd written the money off anyway given the thieving bastards that were (according to Companies House are) at the helm.
  • Options
    Email I have received indicates the cash can be used against streaming products and any excess at a cost to myself. So not free streaming as the EFL guidelines state 
  • Options
    Anybody know if the best way to see all the games live for a non season ticket holder is to join Valley Pass or Sky??? Very confused at present so any advice would be appreciated to an old fella who still remembers Betamax! 
  • Options
    Anybody know if the best way to see all the games live for a non season ticket holder is to join Valley Pass or Sky??? Very confused at present so any advice would be appreciated to an old fella who still remembers Betamax! 
    Most games will be on Valley Pass for non season ticket holders for around £10 

But any game live on Sky wont be available on Valley Pass to non season ticket holders as I understand it due to restrictions.

So if you want to watch the Millwall game you will need Sky
  • Options
    It is just seems to be, that the season ticket money they have refunded into my Charlton account there to pay for the streamed Charlton games. So the season ticket is giving accesses to the  Chsrlton streaming as I expected.⁹
  • Options
    Only Millwall at home is on Sky. No red button games.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    It is just seems to be, that the season ticket money they have refunded into my Charlton account there to pay for the streamed Charlton games. So the season ticket is giving accesses to the  Chsrlton streaming as I expected.⁹
    Yes but some people’s credit won’t be enough to cover the cost of all the streamed home games.
  • Options
    Is anyone donating their refund to the club? 
  • Options
    It’s odd that they make a point of saying it’s £10 a match for Non-Season ticket holders. 

Surely they’d say it’s the same price for everyone but season ticket holders will just be able to redeem it from the CAFC Cash? Or am I being too logical?
  • Options
    That's because the 1 CAFC cash is the equivalent to nectar points so 0.00001p