Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Cricket 2020

1303132333436»

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Both Cox and Robinson have signed contracts until the end of 2023
    Good news and pleased for them both - especially Ollie as he and his family have been friends of ours for longer than he has been alive! They are 20 and 22 respectively and with Billings we must have the most depth of any county in the keeper/batsman department.

On the flip side, as a result of this news, Seb has decided to resurrect his career as a leg spinner!!!  
    Tell him to bowl fast, Kent are terrible at producing pace bowlers!
    Trouble is, at 5' 9", he's a bit lacking in the height department for a fast bowler. His mate, Jas, who he has been playing with since they were 10 is a far better proposition when it comes to that department.
  • Watching the Big Bash, Denly vs Billings today

Billings keeping wicket for Sydney Thunder AND being interviewed on air in between balls! Nice to hear a posh Englishman in between all those common Aussie voices  :D
  • Adam Milne bowling to Joe Denly, with Billings keeping...
  • edited January 2021
    Adam Milne bowling to Joe Denly, with Billings keeping...
    Hasn’t quite tickled me like;

Lillee c Willey b Dilley. 😉

• DBD has also signed a contract extension to 2023 a good county pro 
  • RedChaser said:
    Adam Milne bowling to Joe Denly, with Billings keeping...
    Hasn’t quite tickled me like;

Lillee c Willey b Dilley. 😉

A legendary bowler. Getting Dennis Lillee out  :)
  • Billings was run out giving the charge to the bowler but only succeeded in hitting it straight to him and was run out at the keeepr's end. He received a massive send off from Steketee and took a major offence to it - so much so that he charged towards the fielder remonstrating. 

I do hope that they turn the mic stump up if and when Steketee comes into bat.
  • Joe gets his 50, then is stumped by Billings next ball!
  • Great knock by Billings, 83 from 48
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    Milnes has extended his contract until the end of 2022
  • The big knockout clash in the Big Bash on Sunday, Denly vs Billings!
    Denly wins the battle, leading from the front with a duck!
    Denly wins the battle, leading from the front with a duck!
    Two former Bexley players,  Heazlett (74*) and Pierson (43*) and one former Sandwich cricketer, Labushagne (32), saw the Heat home. In fact, including Denly that's four who have played in the Kent Cricket League on the winning side and just one, Billings (34), on the wrong end of things.

Wasn't it Denly who said that the standard of the KCL isn't that strong?
  • Stumped: One cricket umpire, two countries

is set partly in Kent and the rest in Australia and I found it a good read