Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    Oh well, next year will be our year. 
  • Options
    Surrey's 3 spinners: 12-0-60-6. We were facing Jacks, Moriarty and Batty not Murali, Warne and Rashid Khan!!!!
  • Options
    I hope it chucks it down now on Finals Day and Surrey lose by a toss of the coin!!!!
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable game of cricket
  • Options
    169, doable?
    Shame I can’t lol my own posts
  • Options
    All over.

Slurrey win a close, nail-biting thriller and progress to the Rock Paper Scissors finals day (which, given the weekend's weather forecast, is all they'll be able to play).
  • Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable game of cricket
    Absolutely. 
    Our 2nd eleven played very well
  • Options
    Poor display from our supposedly in-form players. We needed  or 3 of them to put in a decent performance with only leaning over 20 
  • Options
    Slurrey sadly far too good for us with their experienced line up.

Look at the "names" on view today. .....hardly a level playing field and that's with those lovely Curran lads missing . 

Feeling down in the dumps as it is and badly need a good performance from our boys on Saturday to cheer me up. 

• Options
    At least with Kent's T20 participation over for another year it's one less thing to have to keep tabs on this weekend.

I've already got a busy day on Saturday with a bumper footy double-header (West Coast v Collingwood in the AFL's First Elimination Final at 11:10am followed by Lord Bowyer's goal-scoring, rip-roaring Addicks against our bunnies from the north-east at 3pm) so I'm not sure I could have coped with a T20 semi-final at the same time as either of those.

Thanks Bilbo & co! You've made my day easier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Look at the "names" on view today. .....hardly a level playing field and that's with those lovely Curran lads missing . 

Feeling down in the dumps as it is and badly need a good performance from our boys on Saturday to cheer me up. 

Shame this bloody virus is still with us.
    Otherwise I could have bought you a glass of wine Saturday. 

After chatting about the cricket of course. 
    🤣🤣🥂🥂
  • Options

You can talk about names and that is a fair point but i think it is worth mentioning that this has certainly not been the case for the whole season. We started this competition barely able to get a side out. An injury list longer than the list of those fit, 5 players in England bubbles, no overseas players (Amla unable to get into the country and then self isolating), Morkel injured. The likes of Jamie Smith, Will Jacks, Dan Moriarty and Gus Atkinson from the academy really stepped up. Yes we have gradually got players back from injury/England/overseas etc. but we are still missing a serious number of key players. Our middle order has been built around Pope for a few years so his injury has been a blow. The Currans have been in the IPL. Morkel hasnt played a game in this competition neither has captain and most experienced bowler Dernbach. Burns despite being a "name" wouldn't usually be anywhere near our T20 side but has done well. We've missed both our experienced all-rounders in Rikki and Jordan Clark(e).

• Options
    Congrats to Surrey.
    I can’t be mad at them, it was my second home when I worked around the corner.
    I took my frustrations out on some eejit on Twitter.
    Feel much better now 😊
  • Options
    Congrats to Surrey. Gutted to lose, especially to them, but what looked like a doable chase was shut down almost from the start.
    Football season takes centre stage..... gulp.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    You've got me in tears, Canters ! 

But surely your protestations only emphasise what strength and depth the county has compared with the likes of Kent....

You've only got to watch the stills on the Match Centre showing the splendid new Stand and all that will be inside when finished.

Just another indication of the Big Boys versus The Others IMO.

But I'm not bitter.😶
  • Options
    Surrey's 3 spinners: 12-0-60-6. We were facing Jacks, Moriarty and Batty not Murali, Warne and Rashid Khan!!!!

It seems that Messrs Jacks, Moriarty and Batty have been outperformed today by Lancs spin trio of Hartley, Parkinson and Livingstone as they managed between them to record figures of 9.2-0-50-8 against Sussex
  • Options

It seems that Messrs Jacks, Moriarty and Batty have been outperformed today by Lancs spin trio of Hartley, Parkinson and Livingstone as they managed between them to record figures of 9.2-0-50-8 against Sussex
    I think Sussex's batting helped those figures a fair bit but, to be fair, Lancashire bowled well.
  • Options
    been swamped at work and totally forgot about the games today.

Wish I hadn't found out now !
  • Options
    Was busy today and unable to watch the match

Good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54379317

Mitch Claydon banned for 9 games for ball tampering...with hand sanitiser!

That's what happens when a previously morally impeccable person is forced to play for Sussex  :D
    That's ruled him out of next season then. Might even be career ending!!!
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54379317

Mitch Claydon banned for 9 games for ball tampering...with hand sanitiser!

That's what happens when a previously morally impeccable person is forced to play for Sussex  :D
    That's ruled him out of next season then. Might even be career ending!!!
    He's already missed 7 of those matches!

Seems a bit odd to just ban players for matches rather than for a specific competiton, when players miss loads of matches anyway, especially if in the wrong format?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh dear Billings
    It's about the central contract, not the run-out ;)
    It just disappoints me and sets such a poor example.

Kent captain Sam Billings has been hit with a level one breach of the ECB Directives for his actions during the T20 Blast quarter-final defeat to Surrey at The Kia Oval.

The 29-year-old wicket-keeper appeared to have stumped the hosts' opener Jason Roy in the 13th over, only for the umpires to turn the appeals down.

Billings took exception to the decision, the second run-out plea which went against the Spitfires during the Surrey innings, throwing the ball on the turf in frustration.

Standing umpires Martin Saggers and Nick Cook then addressed the England international, with Billings later revealing he had been hit with a level one breach of the ECB's disciplinary code.

But given this is the first time Billings has broken the regulations, he has avoided any penalty points being added to his record. An accumulation of nine or more over a 24-month period can lead to an automatic suspension.

Roy was dismissed via the next delivery from Imran Qayyum for 56 but the damage had already been done, with Surrey putting on 114 for the first wicket before going on to set Kent 170 to win, thanks to opener Hashim Amla's unbeaten 73.

It was a task that proved too great for Billings' side, who will now have to watch from the sidelines come Finals Day.

"Because I'm a good boy it's my first one so no points or anything," he told the media. "It's a quarter-final, you've got two international batsmen going at 10-an-over, you're the captain and it is a decision that you feel has gone completely the opposite way. 

"I'm not saying I reacted dreadfully but I accept a level one absolutely. We're all human at the end of the day.

"Jason Roy is a world-class wicket to pick up. Thankfully he got out next ball so it didn't actually matter. But we're trying to win a game of cricket. 

"It is small margins in this game and at the end of the day that was it. I was pretty calm! I haven't seen the first one but the second one was definitely out."

• Options
    Evening all.
    Anyone watching the cricket 
  • Options
    Now Slurrey made the final ?
    No thanks. 
  • Options
    Lol. Just checked in and Notts not made a great start. Was expecting it to be a wash out and enjoying the unexpected premier league goals
  • Options
    No thanks. 
    Hehehe 
  • Options
    Evening all.
    Anyone watching the cricket 
    No watching Aston Villa v Liverpool, and quite a good game it is 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    No thanks. 
    Hehehe 
    Yeah, well, its not even a proper 20/20 match.......

*straws and clutching come to mind.......
  • Options
    No thanks. 
    Hehehe 
    Yeah, well, its not even a proper 20/20 match.......

*straws and clutching come to mind.......
    It isn't! But loving the Man U/Spurs game followed by Villa/Lpool. Am not a betting person but intrigued by what odds  (i.e. the likelihood of both results let alone the scores) you would have got before