Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Cricket 2020

Comments

• Options
    Just completed the on line survey for attending the game against Doncaster last Saturday. The survey asks you to confirm which event you attended and the drop down  lists about 20 different football matches. Plus the T20 quarter finals and finals day. Assume that fans were going to be allowed in to both until yesterday's announcement
    Was the Bob Willis final on the list? You'd imagine that people would have gone along to that as the only chance of some live cricket
  • Options
    Just completed the on line survey for attending the game against Doncaster last Saturday. The survey asks you to confirm which event you attended and the drop down  lists about 20 different football matches. Plus the T20 quarter finals and finals day. Assume that fans were going to be allowed in to both until yesterday's announcement
    Was the Bob Willis final on the list? You'd imagine that people would have gone along to that as the only chance of some live cricket

I didn't see it on the list but in all honesty I scanned the list quickly so it could have been there
  • Options
    Our batting is so much stronger than our bowling. We either need to get a total we can defend or contain as best we can and outscore. Can we bring Steven's back for the quarter final?
  • Options

I didn't see it on the list but in all honesty I scanned the list quickly so it could have been there

Had another look - it listed a whole range of sports, including motorsport, horse racing and snooker but no Bob Willis trophy.
  • Options
    Just heard Dean Jones has passed away in India whilst covering the IPL
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just heard Dean Jones has passed away in India whilst covering the IPL
    https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29958649/former-australia-batsman-dean-jones-dies-aged-59

Sad news, only 59. 
  • Options
    Zak gets a central contract. Denly misses out
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54352180

No mention of Billings?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54352180

No mention of Billings?
    A bit unlucky to miss out on at least an incremental contract, especially when Moeen and Tom Curran are on full white ball contracts

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    England's loss is Kent's gain so far as Denly and Billings are concerned although there is every likelihood that the latter will be called up in the squads for white ball matches
  • Options
    So am on the train (from Reading) to work  and discover today's game starts at 1300 not 1830 as I thought. And I could have arranged to work from home - what is even worse is my office is only a few hundred metres from the Oval!

Soooooo disappointed and annoyed!
  • Options
    Hoping the Team can get the win and go to Finals day at the weekend!! Great chance to get there and would make it sweeter to get there by beating Surrey!! 
    really weird finals day being so late in the year. I remember Mcclaren's hattrick in the final all those years ago, i was on holiday in france but luckily the place we were staying had british sky installed. 
  • Options
    The Saturday weather forecast looks horrible. Sunday is better, but not great!
  • Options
    The Saturday weather forecast looks horrible. Sunday is better, but not great!
    I should imagine the bowlers are practising at bowling at unguarded stumps.
  • Options
    *Bump.

Can't have the Slurrey thread above this one.
  • Options
    Come on sooooooper Kent!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good afternoon everyone 
  • Options
    Can’t believe Sky haven’t got all the games.
    Rubbish!
  • Options
    Can’t believe the game is not shown on Sky
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Going forward, for the balance of the side we need to leave Kuhn out and bring in a bowler. If a batting line up of Crawley, DBD, Denly, Billings, Leaning and Blake helped by a few lusty blows from the likes of Stewart and Milnes isn't good enough to get us a total then we don't deserve to win. If we play O'Riordan anyway then he gives us another all rounder option.
    Good to see that we have done this albeit that it is Groenewald, the medium pacer all rounder, instead of O'Riordan, the spinning all rounder, that has replaced Kuhn. Looks a much more balanced side and a reflection of our strength that we can afford to leave the likes of Kuhn, Cox and Robinson out - last season all three would have been playing.
  • Options
    Denly still opens the bowling which I have no issue with - it's having to have him as one of your main bowlers, come what may, that is the issue
  • Options
    As class as Roy and Amla are Jacks has been one of the best players this tournament so to push him down the order is a bit harsh I feel. I also think Amla would work better at 3 personally.
  • Options
    The game is also live on YouTube. 
    Don't know how, but I pushed buttons and now its on my TV.
    🙂
  • Options
    As class as Roy and Amla are Jacks has been one of the best players this tournament so to push him down the order is a bit harsh I feel. I also think Amla would work better at 3 personally.

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/62250/surrey-ccc#latest