Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn Rovers feb 15th football for a fiver (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Less than 350 tickets left now, better get in quick if you still want one. 
  • Options
    cafc375 said:
    Less than 350 tickets left now, better get in quick if you still want one. 
    You need to scroll down a bit more if you are using your phone to check the availability. There’s another 100+ in WSR
  • Options
    Is it more profitable to have a sold out Valley with the £5 tickets and on the day match spend in the kiosks, shops bars etc than an average gate matchday at normal ticket price?  Not to mention the added value of a packed house atmosphere and psychological boost for the players and fanbase.

If so then would it not be worth doing it more regularly or £7/ £10 a ticket.  Obviously there would be issues need ironing out and perhaps people like season ticket holders may begrudge paying full whack (I wouldn't personally) but perhaps there could be a tier system for priority tickets or cashback or something to  iron that out. Surely a commercial model could be developed to explore that?

Surely playing week in week out in a packed Valley is more desirable from a football and commercial and fans' viewpoint than average attendances, particularly outside of the top flights.  

I remember the kids for a quid in the newsshopper in the 90s used to go on my own because of it as could get the bus there and back and a ticket for less than £2 etc.

@Airman Brown

• Options
    This has got 1-0 Blackburn all over it hasn't it? 
    No shots on target from either side until the 93rd minute when Blackburn steal it after a Naby clearance hits Purrington, rebounds back and goes in off Cullen's ear
    You have been to one of these before haven't you?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Is it more profitable to have a sold out Valley with the £5 tickets and on the day match spend in the kiosks, shops bars etc than an average gate matchday at normal ticket price?  Not to mention the added value of a packed house atmosphere and psychological boost for the players and fanbase.

If so then would it not be worth doing it more regularly or £7/ £10 a ticket.  Obviously there would be issues need ironing out and perhaps people like season ticket holders may begrudge paying full whack (I wouldn't personally) but perhaps there could be a tier system for priority tickets or cashback or something to  iron that out. Surely a commercial model could be developed to explore that?

Surely playing week in week out in a packed Valley is more desirable from a football and commercial and fans' viewpoint than average attendances, particularly outside of the top flights.  

I remember the kids for a quid in the newsshopper in the 90s used to go on my own because of it as could get the bus there and back and a ticket for less than £2 etc.

@Airman Brown
    Even if it would be, I don't think you'd get the regular attendance.

Yet
  • Options
    And you'd make season tickets a much less attractive proposition unless you dropped the price to compensate
  • Options
    edited February 2020

@Airman Brown

From what Airman said a good few years ago, the club makes around £1 profit per person. Even if we double that, then 15k at an average of £20 per head plus £2 spend equals £330k. 25k at £5 plus the £2 again, is £175k with additional stewarding and cleaning costs.

So we'd need to keep the average up at around £12 to have a chance of breaking even.
  • Options
    We definitely lose money on £5 games, compared to full price.

However, it's a loss leader if it means we gain even an extra 500 regular supporters. 
  • Options

However, it's a loss leader if it means we gain even an extra 500 regular supporters. 
    An extra 500 is a huge ask imo. I would make a guess at maybe 20 or so would be new recruits.
    Most of the £5 fans seem to be people who normally could’nt afford to come on a regular basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@Airman Brown

When we're chasing promotion next season, the Valley will be packed out at normal prices anyway..............
  • Options

An extra 500 is a huge ask imo. I would make a guess at maybe 20 or so would be new recruits.
    Most of the £5 fans seem to be people who normally could’nt afford to come on a regular basis.
    I would guess that a lot of those taking up the £5 offer are doing so because of the hype the promise of a bigger crowd brings (a bit like the FA cup games used to do before the PL killed it off) and the buzz and stories about the club and the atmosphere these days and wanting to experience it.
  • Options
    305 left...sell out by lunchtime?
  • Options
    Everyone was really complimentary about Bradford when they cut their season ticket prices drastically, but it wasn't a success with people picking and choosing their games to actually attend, and indeed the team got relegated and is stuck in L2 now
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Filling the Covered End is key so any suggestion of raising season ticket prices there needs to be dismissed. The sight of a packed home end and the noise generated must have a huge impact on both teams and sets of supporters in the ground. It’s also the bit that gets shown on tv when highlights are broadcast because that’s where one of the goals is located. A packed home end sends out a ‘look at what you are missing, come and be part of the fun’ message to fans. Keep the lower tier cheap and lower the prices in the upper tier. Then lower the prices around the rest of the ground. We have the momentum at the moment, let’s keep it going 
    £250 anywhere in the north and east, £350 in the west and £20 on the door 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ChiAddick said:
    Lower north should be a safe standing area.

The rake is not ideal for seating and this would be a great development if allowed to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

The rake is not ideal for seating and this would be a great development if allowed to happen.
    It was a manifesto commitment from all parties to introduce safe standing, so its not about if it’s possible in stadiums to do 
  • Options
    In the "good old days" of the target 40k committee the costs and benefits of football for a fiver were thrashed out.

You might break even with higher sales covering lower unit income. Remember the 2 to 3k walk up home support and 800 away would have paid full price (say £20) so you need four times as many tickets sold at £5 to break even (all rough figures).

Spend per head in the ground pool is minimal (£1) and as catering is outsourced doesn't all come to the club.

The aim was always to increase income AND attendance and to build long term support hence the business development group's name of target 40k.

It's a good way of showing off the product to potential "customers", generates good publicity and headlines grabbing attendance figures but can and should only be part of a longer term and thought out business development strategy.

It's a myth that we always lose these games but neither does the big crowd roar the team to victory every time so it's equally a myth that big crowd equals win.

Personally, I think ST prices need to go up in some areas (lower covered end) and be rationalised in others (no more than two prices in each stand).

Match day prices need sorting out too.
    There should only be 1 price per stand. Having the different prices only work if you sell out most weeks which we are a long way from achieving 
  • Options
    I make it 124 home tickets left 👏
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ChiAddick said:
    F Block have gone self policed safe standing most weeks anyway, no one complains and the best atmosphere I can remember for a while. Common sense would make this more permanent in my view. 
  • Options
    60 seats left snap them up.
  • Options
     ChiAddick said:
    You mean lower covered end?  o:)
    Nope, the lower north stand is the Covered End, the top bit is an add on to the original Covered End
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Don't think I've ever known us sell out over a week before a game.

Really impressive, fiver a ticket or not.
    Must've happened in the premier league years?
  • Options
    Maybe Sheikh Nimer will come back over for this one...