Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn Rovers feb 15th football for a fiver (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Had to go all the way down to East B to get 3 together. Would be surprised if it doesn't sell out.

That being said, there are 100's of single seats available all over the ground. Wish they'd stop you from being able to buy tickets if you're going to leave 1 seat free.
    This pissed me off as we're only a 2. 

If you're buying just one ticket you should only be able to select those isolated seats IMO. 
    I've bought tickets at cricket grounds where i have to buy the spare seat and can't leave it as a single even if i don't actually want it (madness cos that seat can end up unused), that winds me up but i'm not sure what the perfect solution is 
    we don't sell out just yet so there are always twos available 
  • Options
    The answer is like at the cinema where you can’t leave a sore single space next to you if you are two or more.

you could also add that if you are buying a single seat you have to buy one in its own unless you buy in the end of bought seats and leave 2 or more next to each other.

aounds a bit complicated but don’t think it is. 
  • Options
    The answer is like at the cinema where you can’t leave a sore single space next to you if you are two or more.

you could also add that if you are buying a single seat you have to buy one in its own unless you buy in the end of bought seats and leave 2 or more next to each other.

aounds a bit complicated but don’t think it is. 
     🧐
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Is it actually possible for us to have a game with over 27k? Is it just people not turning up or are there restrictions keeping the tickets available under 27k.
    Doesn't make sense to open up the whole ground straight away as you then have to hire more stewards etc for the day. 

Having the closed sections and opening them as other areas fill allows us to plan stewarding etc as required. 
    There is virtually no cost saving from the closed areas in home stands, because they have to be stewarded themselves to keep people out. It is a piece of nonsense invented by someone wanting to show they were doing something. The number of stewards is principally determined by the safety certificate and relates to entrances and exits, not whether you put a net over a handful of seats.

You can't get to 27k with a segregation line in the Jimmy Seed Stand.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Is it actually possible for us to have a game with over 27k? Is it just people not turning up or are there restrictions keeping the tickets available under 27k.
    Doesn't make sense to open up the whole ground straight away as you then have to hire more stewards etc for the day. 

Having the closed sections and opening them as other areas fill allows us to plan stewarding etc as required. 
    There is virtually no cost saving from the closed areas in home stands, because they have to be stewarded themselves to keep people out. It is a piece of nonsense invented by someone wanting to show they were doing something. The number of stewards is principally determined by the safety certificate and relates to entrances and exits, not whether you put a net over a handful of seats.

So you just need to fill the 3 home areas, and sell out the away end (with away fans) to hit 27k. Any set up with Charlton fans using some of the JS would prevent 27k. 
  • Options
    Looking at a home sell out the way things are going and the amount of time left.
  • Options
    Never sat in the Jimmy Seed before. Only stand that I’ve never been in. Might tick it off for this match if I get the chance. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Never sat in the Jimmy Seed before. Only stand that I’ve never been in. Might tick it off for this match if I get the chance. 
    You can also think about how much of the home attendance for those 27,111 prem games were really Charlton fans. Perhaps 3-4k were daytrippers? That might be a lower amount then a FFAF game ironically!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:

So you just need to fill the 3 home areas, and sell out the away end (with away fans) to hit 27k. Any set up with Charlton fans using some of the JS would prevent 27k. 
    The sort of opposition who'd sell out the away end (e.g. Leeds) aren't the type of match you'd want £5 tickets for anyway.

With such promotions, you end up with the largest crowd of the season usually being against unattractive opposition!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will we get Charlton fans in the Jimmy Seed again?
    On the Blackburn website it says the following 'We have an allocation of 3,158 tickets for our clash against the Addicks at The Valley'  https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/january/ticket-news-charlton-athletic-a/
    So it might not be possible to split the the 'Jimmy Seed' if Blackburn have been sent all the tickets.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Had to go all the way down to East B to get 3 together. Would be surprised if it doesn't sell out.

That being said, there are 100's of single seats available all over the ground. Wish they'd stop you from being able to buy tickets if you're going to leave 1 seat free.
    This pissed me off as we're only a 2. 

If you're buying just one ticket you should only be able to select those isolated seats IMO. 
    I've bought tickets at cricket grounds where i have to buy the spare seat and can't leave it as a single even if i don't actually want it (madness cos that seat can end up unused), that winds me up but i'm not sure what the perfect solution is 
    we don't sell out just yet so there are always twos available 
    Not for this game, but for others this season, I have had to sit in worse places to get a pair of seats. Although actually I am in a poor seat for this one, I like my halfway line seats these days, better for both me and my little one if we're at the front too.  
  • Options

On the Blackburn website it says the following 'We have an allocation of 3,158 tickets for our clash against the Addicks at The Valley'  https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/january/ticket-news-charlton-athletic-a/
    So it might not be possible to split the the 'Jimmy Seed' if Blackburn have been sent all the tickets.
    On one of their fans forums there is not much interest and they don't seem to think that they will shift 1,500 tickets. 

They seem quite negative about the football that they are watching this season. 

Personally I think this is a bloody tough game for us. We will do well to get something from it. 
  • Options
    !,484 left. 23 blocks sold out and 13 more with 5 or less seats available.

I can see the JS stand being split at this rate.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:

On one of their fans forums there is not much interest and they don't seem to think that they will shift 1,500 tickets. 

They seem quite negative about the football that they are watching this season. 

Personally I think this is a bloody tough game for us. We will do well to get something from it. 
    Even better. Rammed home ends and half empty away end. 

More backing for our boys less for theirs.
  • Options
    Okay,  going by that Rovers have sold around 1,400 so they could still sell out.  Plenty of time left. 
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Okay,  going by that Rovers have sold around 1,400 so they could still sell out.  Plenty of time left. 
    Even with cheap tickets, it's still a long and expensive journey for them. 1400 is a reasonable number anyway, we're getting all excited because we're taking 1700 to Stoke!
  • Options
    I agree 1400 is good. 
  • Options
    I wonder those tickets have been sold per block rather than spread over the whole of the Jimmy Seed stand

If the former where there are two / three blocks left available by the time Blackburn send their allocation back then Id imagine thats when we'll sell them ourselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two of the four I asked are now going.
  • Options
    Two of the four I asked are now going.
    Hurrah!
  • Options
    Let's get more interested on twitter.
  • Options
    1,275 tickets left....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    1,275 tickets left....
    Out of 24,000? 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The JImmy Seed Stand is unlikely to be segregated for this match. When we did it in the past we cut a deal with the opposition beforehand to make the numbers work. You can’t easily have, for example, 2,000 away fans because of the limited catering and toilet facilities on one side of the stand.
  • Options
    I can't wait... 
  • Options
    Really good online sales today.
  • Options
    The JImmy Seed Stand is unlikely to be segregated for this match. When we did it in the past we cut a deal with the opposition beforehand to make the numbers work. You can’t easily have, for example, 2,000 away fans because of the limited catering and toilet facilities on one side of the stand.
    ME managed to arrange it for the Doncaster Play Off game at pretty short notice.
  • Options
     Might not be quite as easy to segregate for this game. I think Blackburn have sold around double the number of Doncaster fans that attended the play off semi final.