Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bring a friend to Barnsley... for free

Comments

• Options
    No,  I have a Charlton season ticket 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    cazo said:
    So you think is right then do you I bye a half season ticket and a away club fans get free ticket because they have a full season ticket and able to bring more fans because I don’t ok
    I love the passion, but it's very hard to understand what you're saying. 
    Guess the complaint is thus

Half-Season ticket holders arent part of the promotion where holders are being given a free ticket
    Barnsley full season ticket holders are being given a free ticket

Charlton care more about Barnsley season ticket holders than their own half-season ticket holders

At the same time you could argue that the club are simply rewarding those who have been there from the start this season and because they've done it for the home fans, feel its only fair to do so for the visiting fans too

Wouldnt be the first time the club have done similar either - i.e. When its Football for a Fiver, the away fans benefit too
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    cazo said:
    So you think is right then do you I bye a half season ticket and a away club fans get free ticket because they have a full season ticket and able to bring more fans because I don’t ok

Half-Season ticket holders arent part of the promotion where holders are being given a free ticket

Charlton care more about Barnsley season ticket holders than their own half-season ticket holders

At the same time you could argue that the club are simply rewarding those who have been there from the start this season and because they've done it for the home fans, feel its only fair to do so for the visiting fans too

Wouldnt be the first time the club have done similar either - i.e. When its Football for a Fiver, the away fans benefit too
    Also a bit harsh on people who bought a half season ticket and could have gone to Barnsley and Blackburn for a combined £5.
  • Options
    Isn't there a rule that you have to charge the opposition fans the same as the equivalent home stand, ie the north stand? Maybe something to do with that?
    Always think the atmosphere is better when the Jimmy Seed is full so I don't see a problem with it.
  • Options
    Isn't it in the EFL rules that a football club when running this sort of promotion have to oblige the other club also.
  • Options
    Brilliant...hats off to Matt Southall for this very positive initiative. COYR!
  • Options
    Tried to get my friend my free ticket and a ticket for his son an under 11 . It says the under 11 has to be with an adult even though the free ticket is an adult ticket 
  • Options
    Tried to get my friend my free ticket and a ticket for his son an under 11 . It says the under 11 has to be with an adult even though the free ticket is an adult ticket 
    If they are next to each other & it's not working, you'll have to give them a ring & they'll do it.
  • Options
    Tickets are together so I phone thanks Cover End
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this is a great incentive to bring people back. This will be my first game back so looking forward to it. Well done the Board.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Uboat said:
    cazo said:

Also a bit harsh on people who bought a half season ticket and could have gone to Barnsley and Blackburn for a combined £5.
    Very good point. Bit disappointed that I wasn't entitled, especially as the reason my girlfriend got us the half season tickets was because of these new owners!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Stop complaining 
  • Options
    Got mine
    So it's time now to work out which mate has taken me somewhere shit on a freezing cold February day and plant my revenge
  • Options
    Phoned the club and had to get the under 11 a ticket over the phone £2.50 booking fee . Then did the other ticket on line a further £1.50 booking fee so a total of £4 . I have emailed the club to say it’s a bit excessive 
  • Options
    Phoned the club and had to get the under 11 a ticket over the phone £2.50 booking fee . Then did the other ticket on line a further £1.50 booking fee so a total of £4 . I have emailed the club to say it’s a bit excessive 
    Outrageous, £9 for one adult & an U11  :smile:
  • Options
    Lower Covered End sold out.
    2 middle blocks of Upper Covered End sold out.
  • Options
    Anybody else having problems with this ?? It keeps wanting to charge me full price - tang the ticket office explained they said they would reset my login - still not working - going round in circles 
  • Options
    bit of a long shot........ does anyone have two spares for Barnsley?
  • Options
    Oh go on then, whoever takes me I'll treat them to a meal, tenner limit 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How's it selling?.
  • Options
    Strange as all of the lower CE was showing sold out a few days back
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Strange as all of the lower CE was showing sold out a few days back
    Probably the bed wetters returning their free tickets for a refund :smile:
  • Options
    I have a family of Charlton fans: brothers, nieces, nephews, and a son who are all Cafc fans but they don't have season tickets anymore. Only me, and i went 3 years without one as I felt it was the right thing to do, but while Lee Bowyer was still here I decided to get one again. My dilemma is I only have acquaintances and family and it said it must be a friend.

How sad.
  • Options
    ...hmmm CAFC season ticket holder with friend/acquaintance who isn't a CAFC season ticket holder - might be a few, maybe
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    18,320 sold home tickets.
    Well if you're right it will be a bigger attendance than the WBA game, which is good going.
    Airman Brown thought it would be less, with a maximum of 19,000.
  • Options
    A massive crowd with Williams, fingers crossed, Taylor Fingers Crossed, Cullen Fingers crossed, the 4 new players, Fingers crossed, Bonne and Field on the bench fingers crossed,  Page on the Bench ! Sorry I got carried away. What a brilliant 6 pointer that could be and I'm buzzing now just thinking about it. ( Yes I know the winner only gets 3 points but we win that and we all become optimistic again, fingers crossed !)
  • Options
    Well after giving a friend a free ticket I'm sure many wont be friends after being subjected to another home shocker and a severe spanking on a freezing and wet and windy Feb day