Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Huge credit to Bowyer and his team, and to the players and their ethic, Great support too.
    It is another game with no points though and that is a worry.
    Plenty of positives, they certainly weren't disgraced not by a long chalk.
    We can only hope we get players back soon.
  • Options
    We'll probably get 2 mins on Sky after the Rooney love in finishes
    And now they're showing us the interview with the bloody Barnsley manager.
  • Options
    The season starts now. New faces, players returning from injury and fresh legs will give us a fighting chance of automatic promotion 😁
  • Options
    Whatever the reason Taylor was playing at 75% at best. Time willl tell of course but why did we look so much better second half? 
    Ask yourself these questions:

What was our issue first half, why was it that Swansea were having so much success?
    What formation did we play when Doughty came on?
    How did this combat the issues of the first half?

Here I think you will find your answer, and will realise that reason our midfield was being overrun and overloaded in the first half was nothing to do with our striker playing in a 4-4-2 diamond.
  • Options
    Very fitting tribute to RD in that we played the 2nd half with basically kids in midfield & up front. He left us bereft of a squad & now the new owners can rebuild properly like it should have been done in the summer.

So proud of the lads tonight. 
  • Options
    At the game.

Could have been 3 or 4 down by half time easy.

Second half was vastly improved at least the youngsters want to be there.

Controversial view but we were far better off without Taylor he clearly doesn't want to be here and barely put any effort in that first half. I've defended Taylor but tonight was awful for a leader of the team, the kids put him to shame in the second half with the fight and effort they put in compared to him.

It's time to get rid and replace him ASAP and we'll be fine the second half was a performance to be proud of with the guts and fight from the team.

We just need a bit of quality on the pitch. A new striker or two along with Williams back on the pitch we will be fine.
    2 goals and an assist in his last 4 games! During a period where he is coming back from injury and we have games every few days! What the hell more do you want from him!

We did better when Taylor came off as we changed shape and played 5 in midfield so Swansea stopped over running us! 
    We had no outlet up front in the first half even when we had the ball, it kept on coming back to defence and we were always one stray pass away from conceding again it really could have been 3 or 4 easily by half time. Maybe I was a bit hard on Taylor in my previous post but it just looked like he didn't want to be out there on the pitch. Little things like not chasing down thrown ons. I'd love for him to stay and sign a new contract but I don't see it happening.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It was hard work sitting through that.
    That team would possibly be relegated from L1.
    If we don't get in another 3/4 FIRST TEAM players in this window, we could well be relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sarr terrifies defenders.  Play him further up the pitch.
    Nooo, he was awful as a Striker
  • Options
    Thought Matthews was excellent tonight. Solly must be his back up now. 
    Nope, neither is backup as they'll continue to rotate to avoid being injured
  • Options
    Whatever the reason Taylor was playing at 75% at best. Time willl tell of course but why did we look so much better second half? 

What was our issue first half, why was it that Swansea were having so much success?

Here I think you will find your answer, and will realise that reason our midfield was being overrun and overloaded in the first half was nothing to do with our striker playing in a 4-4-2 diamond.
    And such changes could only be made by replacing Taylor? He has played in many different formations in his time with us. I’m not digging him out at all but it is odd to remove your talisman to make a change to the formation. Maybe it is an injury/ fitness issue. As I say we will find out and hopefully it is a case of Bowyer still protecting him.
  • Options
    Was looking forward to Bows interview but Sky seem to be obsessing with Rooney! Would not surprise me if first question to Bow, when Sky get to him would be "What do you think of Rooneys performance."
  • Options
    For a experienced player, Pearce makes such stupid decisions sometimes
    I think he is on borrowed time to be honest. 
  • Options
    Bowyer proud of his players, cant ask more from them, felt we had some good chances
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did he get that pulling his boots on? 😏
  • Options

And such changes could only be made by replacing Taylor? He has played in many different formations in his time with us. I’m not digging him out at all but it is odd to remove your talisman to make a change to the formation. Maybe it is an injury/ fitness issue. As I say we will find out and hopefully it is a case of Bowyer still protecting him.
    On one hand people moan about our injury crisis and medical team, on the other hand they moan because Taylor is taken off when we need a tactical change, and after playing another 45 minutes after coming back from injury during the busy Christmas period of games.

However because there were rumours he might be sold in the summer, and now this transfer window, and because he has a an ego and can be a melon on social media all of a sudden everyone is suddenly seeing stuff about his attitude on the pitch that is not there.
  • Options
    Sarr terrifies defenders.  Play him further up the pitch.
    Nooo, he was awful as a Striker
    Wouldn't play him up front but defensive mid in front of the back 4 or 3.  

• Options
    0 wins with new owner, ESI out!! :smile:;)

Blimey @Dazzler21, do you want tell Justin what fate awaits him as you edited my post of 7.37pm on the match thread  ?

• Options
    edited January 2020