Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Very good second half effort.  Deserved a point 

What was up with Swansea manager though?  He had a face like a smacked arse and looked miserable and bored as F all game.
  • Options
    Wayne Rooney is boring. 
  • Options
    I was expecting a four nil drubbing this evening but proud of all the young players in fact the whole team for keeping the faith and putting on a very good performance . You have to take the positives from this and there are many. Well done team and fans
    NEVER expect such a drubbing with Lee Bowyer in charge, despite doing it a bit too often of late its rare for us to concede more than two under him
  • Options
    A performance to be proud of. It won't help the points tally, but they earned the right to go into the next match with their heads held high.

Small consolation,  I'm sure no-one wanted to see Millwall in the play off zone.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    We'll probably get 2 mins on Sky after the Rooney love in finishes
    Who cares about the granny grabbing twat I want to hear interviews from our game ffs 

Mmmmm think I was just being polite.
  • Options
    who is this Rooney bloke that Sky are loving
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Lack of anything up front when we got into their final third in the second half killed us. 
    Said on match thread...

League 1 last year

Midfield

Cullen
    Beilik
    Williams
    Aribo

Forwards

Taylor
    Grant

Tonight.....(in the Championship)

Very good point 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So proud of them tonight but need more experience in for the WBA league game
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    At the game.

Could have been 3 or 4 down by half time easy.

Second half was vastly improved at least the youngsters want to be there.

Controversial view but we were far better off without Taylor he clearly doesn't want to be here and barely put any effort in that first half. I've defended Taylor but tonight was awful for a leader of the team, the kids put him to shame in the second half with the fight and effort they put in compared to him.

It's time to get rid and replace him ASAP and we'll be fine the second half was a performance to be proud of with the guts and fight from the team.

We just need a bit of quality on the pitch. A new striker or two along with Williams back on the pitch we will be fine.
    2 goals and an assist in his last 4 games! During a period where he is coming back from injury and we have games every few days! What the hell more do you want from him!

We did better when Taylor came off as we changed shape and played 5 in midfield so Swansea stopped over running us! 
  • Options
    Poor first half.  Thought inspired change from Bowyer to take off Lyle (for whatever reason).  Seemed to compete a lot better after it was changed around.  Definitely deserved a point there.  Fantastic performance in the second half.  Much improved from Purrington who showed real desire.  Davison played well - well they all did.  Will be hard to mark...
  • Options
    I've never felt so proud of the team after a defeat. As Bowyer always says they gave me everything out there. I'm sure we'll be ok with this spirit in the side.
  • Options
    At the game.

Could have been 3 or 4 down by half time easy.

Second half was vastly improved at least the youngsters want to be there.

Controversial view but we were far better off without Taylor he clearly doesn't want to be here and barely put any effort in that first half. I've defended Taylor but tonight was awful for a leader of the team, the kids put him to shame in the second half with the fight and effort they put in compared to him.

It's time to get rid and replace him ASAP and we'll be fine the second half was a performance to be proud of with the guts and fight from the team.

We just need a bit of quality on the pitch. A new striker or two along with Williams back on the pitch we will be fine.
    Harsh on Taylor. Saw plenty of effort and some canny play from him and had Swansea worried at the back and that's his main job. We just saw 2 very different halves where the key change was Doughty for Taylor and a rallying display from the youngsters which went unrewarded.
  • Options
    Did Taylor come out after half time on bench or at the end to clap fans? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No mate. Waved goodbye though
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Great performance second half, shame Doughty didn’t square to Davison instead of shooting. Unlucky to come away with nothing. Purrington played very well and we should have brought Sarr on sooner - he caused real problems and the ball seemed to be magnetically attracted to him every time we picked him out. Matthews did well too. This was much better than the woeful performance against Derby.

Now we need some players back and some good signings and get a few more wins on the board.
  • Options
    74% possession second half shows how much we raised our game and competed , with some very comfortable defending, which is more like how defending should be (well, how I'd like it to be!). But for some naivety up front, we might have got something tonight, so i'm gutted we came away with nothing, but hopefully things start looking upwards from here.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Whatever the reason Taylor was playing at 75% at best. Time willl tell of course but why did we look so much better second half? 
  • Options
    If only Sarr had gone down, we would have had a penalty. Who would have taken it though?
  • Options
    Let’s be honest Swansea could of been 3/4 up at half time
  • Options
    Must admit I was dismayed when Doughty came on for Taylor at HT but it changed the momentum of the game completely. Doughty bossed the left side of the pitch for 45 mins and stifled Swansea completely. 

Excellent sub by Bowyer. Just a shame we didn't have another striker to finish the chances we did create. 
  • Options
    No mate. Waved goodbye th
    Said he had to catch last train to Glasgow had to leave early.

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Hats off to the kids that played. I hope he does play them and rests people like pratley as they need it on Sunday 
    Player of the season so far.  Really stepped up to the plate and settled the team.  Lucky to have him this season.
  • Options
    Sarr terrifies defenders.  Play him further up the pitch.