Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Ok, so I'll break cover & say it.

Dont believe Taylor is injured. Didnt do anything during the game & was protecting himself AGAINST getting a injury. I think he's had an agreement with LB to only play 45 mins & will now be out for a couple of weeks until being sold. Also no surprise that we played a lot better in the 2nd half when he wasn't on the pitch. 
  • Options
    I give all of 0 shits about this result.

This is just another bump in the last 5 years of shit humps. 

Bring on the next 5 years.
  • Options
    Ps I am quite drunk :joy:
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Game of two halves. First half all Swansea, could have, and should have scored three or four: second half we pinned them back and had lots of ball in and around their penalty area but just missed a real cutting edge.

However, a bigger victory was won earlier in the day so there was a happier feeling in our end.

I have to say this was the quietest ground I have visited in years. The home fans seemed catatonic: the sound that greeted their goal was about the same as about generated by 500 away fans at the Valley.
  • Options
    Still In the hotel bar drinking
  • Options
    Would not be surprised if LB rests some of the players for the FA cup game and save them for the following week league fixture.
    That is an understatement of the highest order.
  • Options
    Ok, so I'll break cover & say it.

Dont believe Taylor is injured. Didnt do anything during the game & was protecting himself AGAINST getting a injury. I think he's had an agreement with LB to only play 45 mins & will now be out for a couple of weeks until being sold. Also no surprise that we played a lot better in the 2nd half when he wasn't on the pitch. 
    I'm with you on Taylor.
  • Options
    Battled well, perhaps deserved more but ultimately too inexperienced.

Already written off the cup match, so we have 8 days to get some current players fit and another couple of signings in to go alongside Green.

We'll be ok. Seen people moaning (mainly on facebook) but any side in the world would struggle if they had 12-13 players out injured. 
  • Options
    As much as Roland’s a wanker etc he can’t really be blamed for 15 1st team injuries, as without these 15 we are more than capable of competing in this league - the constant blaming of everything on roland is both petulant and also thankfully no longer necessary 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't get to see the game but the scores on the doors are so erratic. How can Purrington get a couple of 5's and yet get 8's also Davidson 4.5 to 7.5 ?

Plus despite the spirit of the team tonight if both Bonne and Taylor are out surely we need two strikers in quickly and they don't come cheap.
     Purrington and Davison amongst our better players anyone giving either below a 6.5 is wrong.
  • Options
    Would not be surprised if LB rests some of the players for the FA cup game and save them for the following week league fixture.
    How can he rest anyone? There isn't anyone else to bring in, is there? Unless we play with no subs. 
  • Options
    We were very lucky 1st half and a bit unlucky 2nd half.

Overall played well and actually looked better without Taylor. Young players grew into the game and were enjoying themselves by the end.

Matthews showed why he is no.1 right back. Not just with his pace but his reading of the game and Purrington looked like last year's player.

Davison will have caught the eye of a few scouts with his touch and he's not slow. 

Ps...lets get Matthews signed up beyond this season. 
  • Options
    How can he rest anyone? There isn't anyone else to bring in, is there? Unless we play with no subs. 
    Gallagher and Lockyer for me are the 2 who probably need a rest. Maybe Pratley too as he's played a lot and is not getting any younger. Sarr, Doughty and maybe Oshilaja in midfield can replace them?
  • Options
    just to add my two penceworth,very proud of the lads tonight,this shows what this club is about,5 kids 20 and under,a 34 year old playing 90 minutes twice a week,with the keenness of a teenager,special mention for Purrington who has took a bit of stick,he was superb tonight.This was all fans want,11 players on the pitch showing they care,and playing for the shirt.Would be quite happy with a couple of short term signings to get us over the injury crisis,and kick on next year with the squad we have.
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    And the most obvious post of 2020 goes to ...
    Agreed but is there anyone to replace them with?!!

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Purrington had a very strong game. Well done Ben on upping it.
    He was very good, when he burst into the box in between two defenders I thought he'd been possessed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Didn't get to see the game but the scores on the doors are so erratic. How can Purrington get a couple of 5's and yet get 8's also Davidson 4.5 to 7.5 ?

Plus despite the spirit of the team tonight if both Bonne and Taylor are out surely we need two strikers in quickly and they don't come cheap.
     Purrington and Davison amongst our better players anyone giving either below a 6.5 is wrong.
    No, it’ll be their opinion. 
  • Options
    I must admit that our second half performance filled me with immense pride. My only criticism is that Sarr coming on did unsettle them as many of us predicted and Bowyer should have made that change 10 minutes earlier. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    mendonca said:
    Purrington had a very strong game. Well done Ben on upping it.
    He was very good, when he burst into the box in between two defenders I thought he'd been possessed. 
    Ha ha, me as well, that was the most un-Purrington thing I ever seen. It was like Brazilian Ronaldo in his pomp!
  • Options

Another tough one to take tonight after that second half display. Young lads were brilliant. We will keep fighting! Thanks to you that travelled to support us. #Cafc @k_andrewsphotos @ Liberty Stadium https://www.instagram.com/p/B61fgXhBv9d/?igshid=19i6laqrkor7b …