Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Phillips: virtually faultless
    Matthews: mostly decent especially considering the dross on his inside
    Lockyer: not close to 2nd division standard, body position is poor, reads the game poorly, lacks strength, fluffed his lines in front of goal - costly in both boxes
    Pearce: 2nd division is too quick and too physical for him, lucky to stay on after that ludicrous assault of a challenge, never shirks or hides but on borrowed time at this level
    Purrington: same as Matthews
    Pratley:: another tireless slice of heroism without whom we'd have been mullered
    Morgan: occasional nice touches interspersed with barely credible errors, I like him a lot but he's not ready for this level is he?
    Dempsey: very quiet game, took no risks but was bypassed for most of the game
    Gallagher: standard quality we've come to expect from our POTS so far
    Taylor: a decent half, feeding on scraps with negligible support - needs to be retained by ESI ASAP
    Davison: strong and willing but unsurprisingly just off the pace of this level, encouraging display in trying circumstances
    Doughty: quick and willing 
    Referee: yet another match ruining fiasco from the supposed official - how Pearce stayed on only he will know for sure - same goes for the refusal to award a penalty for Sarr being hauled to the ground at the death - ref perfectly positioned for both offenses but he corrupted the game by choosing to misapply the rules, these ludicrous arseholes need to be called out each and every time they make conscious decisions to perpetrate misdemeanours un-for-giv-able

Sarr: probably the worst striking option since Phil Chapple's brief horror show during a similar injury nightmare (c) 1994, none of the tools and not a hint of a clue what's required, barely even nuisance value
  • Options
    Re penalty shouts. Watching at home on Sky and don't think any were penalties if I'm honest.

Purrington. Defender got the ball & hardly touched Purrington. Definitely 100% NOT a pen. 

Sarr. 50/50. Maybe 60/40 to us. Yes their player had hold of Sarr, but Sarr also had a piece of him too. You wouldn't want the decision to be given against you. Sarr also went down very easily for a big man. 

Handball by their player. Replays inconclusive & there was certainly no intent by their player.

HTH.
  • Options
    Phillips: virtually faultless
    Matthews: mostly decent especially considering the dross on his inside
    Lockyer: not close to 2nd division standard, body position is poor, reads the game poorly, lacks strength, fluffed his lines in front of goal - costly in both boxes
    Pearce: 2nd division is too quick and too physical for him, lucky to stay on after that ludicrous assault of a challenge, never shirks or hides but on borrowed time at this level
    Purrington: same as Matthews
    Pratley:: another tireless slice of heroism without whom we'd have been mullered
    Morgan: occasional nice touches interspersed with barely credible errors, I like him a lot but he's not ready for this level is he?
    Dempsey: very quiet game, took no risks but was bypassed for most of the game
    Gallagher: standard quality we've come to expect from our POTS so far
    Taylor: a decent half, feeding on scraps with negligible support - needs to be retained by ESI ASAP
    Davison: strong and willing but unsurprisingly just off the pace of this level, encouraging display in trying circumstances
    Doughty: quick and willing 
    Referee: yet another match ruining fiasco from the supposed official - how Pearce stayed on only he will know for sure - same goes for the refusal to award a penalty for Sarr being hauled to the ground at the death - ref perfectly positioned for both offenses but he corrupted the game by choosing to misapply the rules, these ludicrous arseholes need to be called out each and every time they make conscious decisions to perpetrate misdemeanours un-for-giv-able

Sarr: probably the worst striking option since Phil Chapple's brief horror show during a similar injury nightmare (c) 1994, none of the tools and not a hint of a clue what's required, barely even nuisance value
    I remember the Phil Chapple horror show! Bambi on ice. But Swans seem petrified of Naby for some reason
  • Options
    Having seen Sarr up front at QPR & last night then I can comfortably say that he is NOT the answer as a makeshift striker. Nuisance value maybe & a big fella to mark.....but I dont think he's won a header in either game. Great finish at QPR so no problem with a chance falling to him (rather than Pearce or Lockyer say) but as the Phil Chappell episode showed.....just because you are tall doesnt mean you will win the ball in the air.
  • Options
    I thought that Swansea were one of the poorer sides that I have seen at the Valley this season & we have now lost twice to them. The next 3 games are West Brom, Fulham & Preston so things are not looking good as we have now lost 12 out of the last 20 league games.
    Against Derby we did not have 1 shot on goal apart from the penalty. I just do not understand all these back passes and sideways, we are not Barcelona playing out from the back and need to be getting the ball into the box more often. We had a free kink inside the Derby half and instead of getting it into the box Solly passed it 30 yards back and within 25 seconds of taking the free kick the ball is in our net for Derbys first goal. Why all this backwards and sidewards stuff when over 90 odd minutes you haven't created 1 shot on goal.
    Against QPR free kick in our half last minuite and it goes into the box and we score, we just have to get the ball into more positive areas. 
  • Options
    Apart from the Highbury smash and grab, that 45 may be the best performance I've seen from s Charlton side.
    Absolutely raving 
  • Options
    Spot on mutley imo. They worry about him and he opens it up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    He only got 10 mins! And should have had a pen. Looked a nuisance to me 
    anyone his size would be a nuisance even if he were 65 years old .. Sarr isn't that old, just far too often plays as though he is
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Re penalty shouts. Watching at home on Sky and don't think any were penalties if I'm honest.

Purrington. Defender got the ball & hardly touched Purrington. Definitely 100% NOT a pen. 

Sarr. 50/50. Maybe 60/40 to us. Yes their player had hold of Sarr, but Sarr also had a piece of him too. You wouldn't want the decision to be given against you. Sarr also went down very easily for a big man. 

Handball by their player. Replays inconclusive & there was certainly no intent by their player.

HTH.
    Sarr stayed on his feet for as long as he could the bloke had his whole body... but yeah whatever. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    The issue for me is on the replay you could see Sarr's shirt being pulled as clear as day as well as the back of the ref who was clearly facing it. Sarr could not be seen pulling the opponents shirt so the ref may have wrongly assumed he was which is not what refs should do.

In terms of Sarr playing up front whilst we have a crisis there, maybe Bowyer could have a good look at him there during the FA Cup match.
  • Options
    Should have had two pens. Yet again var! Lol. Get that var! 

I can only comment on what i see and in the past few games we’ve looked most dangerous when sarr goes up front or drives forward 😂
  • Options
    The weird thing with Sarr, both times he’s gone up front, he’s barely won a header, which is presumably what he’s chucked up there to do, but he’s moved like a penalty box poacher. He’s taken up good positions within the penalty area and been about the only player moving in anticipation of rebounds or the ball dropping inside the width of the six yard box. 
  • Options
    Like crouch in a way. He was always better with his feet
  • Options
    Apart from the Highbury smash and grab, that 45 may be the best performance I've seen from s Charlton side.
    I’ll have some of what you’ve been taking please. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Thought Matthews was excellent last night .  If we play the diamond , it’s him at RB with Oshilaja as backup for me 
    he wasnt very good first half but did do better 2nd i think we need better both at rb and lb
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I’ll have some of what you’ve been taking please. 
    Sorry, in the context of the side on the pitch. Just as Akpo Sodje vs Swindon rated alongside Mendonca heroics at Wembley for stirring the passion.
  • Options
    The weird thing with Sarr, both times he’s gone up front, he’s barely won a header, which is presumably what he’s chucked up there to do, but he’s moved like a penalty box poacher. He’s taken up good positions within the penalty area and been about the only player moving in anticipation of rebounds or the ball dropping inside the width of the six yard box. 
    He won a few headers actually, but agree otherwise, he’s a natural goalscorer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    Spot on mutley imo. They worry about him and he opens it up. 
    It's a kind of desperation gambit and there is nothing wrong with trying it when all else is failing.
    I think at the end of games when the winning side is trying to see it out, it does cause them nervousness when a curve ball like Naby is chucked in.
    Having said that, I don't agree that bringing him on earlier would necessarily have been wise.
    I think there is a bit of psychology at play.

Few weeks ago I bumped into Kevin Davies on Bournemouth station (with Razor Ruddock and another).
    If we are going for the last resort option of pumping high balls into the box, maybe we should offer Kevin a short term contract  ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Covered End you cannot help yourself moaning at me. It is getting boring.  I suspect you have never been passionate at a match, merely analytical. Sarr is shit, Leaburn couldn't score in a brothel. 97 minutes to first shot. 
  • Options
    Covered End you cannot help yourself moaning at me. It is getting boring.  I suspect you have never been passionate at a match, merely analytical. Sarr is shit, Leaburn couldn't score in a brothel. 97 minutes to first shot. 
    You are quite right. It is definitely a failing of mine that I cannot help myself commenting on ludicrous posts.

It's just regrettable for you, that you post 90% of them.

You truly must be the only person in the world that thinks our 2nd half performance at Swansea was the 2nd best Charlton performance they have ever seen and Akpo Sodje v Swindon rates alongside Mendonca's heroics at Wembley.

Nurse.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Swansea? Context.
    While  not trying to undermine Dan's attempts to steer people with political issues onto the House of Commoners site, you seem to have an inordinate amount of anti-Islamic posts. Not sure If want to meet you, a fellow Addick in the pub for a drink. My posts are at the worst, PWP, stupid or provocative. Yours are targeted, threatening and slightly sinister often aimed specifically at me.

Number three? See you next Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    In terms of excitement, yes. Quality no. If we can only appreciate Premiership players, etc what we doing turning up   for League 1 and Championship relegation clashes with a depleted side?
  • Options
    It was Llera v Swindon.

Akpo Sodje v Leeds. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    It was Llera v Swindon.

Akpo Sodje v Leeds. 
    He’s referring to Akpo’s performance playing up front in a team with 9 men. I missed that game so can’t comment, but as great as I’m sure it was getting an equaliser at the time it’s not a game many others will be talking about in years to come.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Swansea? Context.
    While  not trying to undermine Dan's attempts to steer people with political issues onto the House of Commoners site, you seem to have an inordinate amount of anti-Islamic posts. Not sure If want to meet you, a fellow Addick in the pub for a drink. My posts are at the worst, PWP, stupid or provocative. Yours are targeted, threatening and slightly sinister often aimed specifically at me.

Number three? See you next Tuesday.
    I've never posted an anti-Islamic post in my life.
    Anti terrorist definitely.
    You're off your head.

Dig out some of these imaginery posts and copy them to me via inbox please.
    Then I'll forward them to admin to judge.
    I'd be quite offended if someone with any credibility had said this.