Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea v Charlton - Post Match Views

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    2121 said:
    Spot on mutley imo. They worry about him and he opens it up. 
    It's a kind of desperation gambit and there is nothing wrong with trying it when all else is failing.
    I think at the end of games when the winning side is trying to see it out, it does cause them nervousness when a curve ball like Naby is chucked in.
    Having said that, I don't agree that bringing him on earlier would necessarily have been wise.
    I think there is a bit of psychology at play.

Few weeks ago I bumped into Kevin Davies on Bournemouth station (with Razor Ruddock and another).
    If we are going for the last resort option of pumping high balls into the box, maybe we should offer Kevin a short term contract  ;)
    Used to go drinking with kev when he was at Chesterfield, Southampton, Blackburn. Seemed a decent down to earth working class lad with no air's about him. Would have been a good Bowyer shout a few years back. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Thought Matthews was excellent last night .  If we play the diamond , it’s him at RB with Oshilaja as backup for me 
    Solly is easily good enough for the diamond as he'll be @ Right-Back!!

Stop taking his performances at Wing-Back as gospel for his performances overall

Purrington has just proven everyone wrong in that respect
    Purrington was horrific at left back against both QPR and Middlesbrough 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Swans might have worried about him - christ knows why.  They were awful the whole 2nd half, confidence shot - their CH's were both quite young and Naby is a unit.
    Nobody else will be worried about him having seen his 20 odd minutes playing up front, just mark him at dead balls and he's nullified.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Swans might have worried about him - christ knows why.  They were awful the whole 2nd half, confidence shot - their CH's were both quite young and Naby is a unit.
    Nobody else will be worried about him having seen his 20 odd minutes playing up front, just mark him at dead balls and he's nullified.
    Not so sure. He clearly adds something, and gets inside their heads. It's always entertaining when he plays up top, or strides forwards from defense.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Like crouch in a way. He was always better with his feet
    and Makienok
  • Options
    Good trip, stayed overnight. Few pints in the Brewdog in town before the game (Cybernaut very tasty), and then a brisk 20 minute walk to the stadium. It was like deja vu from Monday! Almost identical on the outside to Pride Park, including the obligatory Frankie and Benny's. 

Immensely proud of the team's second half performance. With everything taken into account, there was so much heart and fight. As usual, the away support was utterly phenomenal.

Also amazed at the amount of football 'tactics' experts standing around me! However, man-management skills would leave a lot to be desired, what with the constant cynicism, criticism and moaning! It was nigh on a reserve / youth team! Whatever your current jobs are though, you are clearly wasted! There's surely a role waiting for you at The Valley, Bernabéu or Wembley!
  • Options
    2121 said:
    It's a kind of desperation gambit and there is nothing wrong with trying it when all else is failing.
    I think at the end of games when the winning side is trying to see it out, it does cause them nervousness when a curve ball like Naby is chucked in.
    Having said that, I don't agree that bringing him on earlier would necessarily have been wise.
    I think there is a bit of psychology at play.

Few weeks ago I bumped into Kevin Davies on Bournemouth station (with Razor Ruddock and another).
    If we are going for the last resort option of pumping high balls into the box, maybe we should offer Kevin a short term contract  ;)
    Used to go drinking with kev when he was at Chesterfield, Southampton, Blackburn. Seemed a decent down to earth working class lad with no air's about him. Would have been a good Bowyer shout a few years back. 
    Did he get the first round in?

He had a decent career, now followed by work with Sky/BT.
  • Options
    Swansea? Context.
    While  not trying to undermine Dan's attempts to steer people with political issues onto the House of Commoners site, you seem to have an inordinate amount of anti-Islamic posts. Not sure If want to meet you, a fellow Addick in the pub for a drink. My posts are at the worst, PWP, stupid or provocative. Yours are targeted, threatening and slightly sinister often aimed specifically at me.

Number three? See you next Tuesday.
    I've never posted an anti-Islamic post in my life.
    Anti terrorist definitely.
    You're off your head.

Dig out some of these imaginery posts and copy them to me via inbox please.
    Then I'll forward them to admin to judge.
    I'd be quite offended if someone with any credibility had said this.
    harveys, I've not received any of these inordinate amount of anti-Islamic posts I've made.
    You've had 2 days, where are they ?