Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swansea v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Definitely feel aggrieved at losing that, the second half display merited something. Proud of the lads on the pitch for that second forty five minutes, I can take a narrow defeat if heart is shown and it was tonight.

Still getting very nervy about our league position though.
  • Can you imagine if we had a full strength side against that lot? Much much better from them after that Derby disaster although first half was backs against the wall we rode it out and got back in it and a shame we couldn’t get a clear chance to make the keeper work. 
  • Well done lads especially the under 21s.
    If we keep the spirit that we showed in the second half and get back some of the crocked players and buy some quality in the window, we’ll get play offs no problem!
    Today is a good day and this result is immaterial.
    COYRs 
  • Proud of them despite the defeat. And anyone who said Davison was dogshit and should never feature again after Derby needs to have a look at themselves. Didn't look out of place and has a touch better than some strikers we've paid money for. 
  • edited January 2020
    Lucky to go in 1 down in the first half, got a battering.

2nd half took the game to Swansea, plenty of effort and endeavor, but lacking in quality, desperately need some players that will slot in and improve us quickly / get some players back.

Sky pointed out 5 Charlton players on the pitch under 20 at one point which is unsustainable.

Concerned Bonne injured and Lyle off after 45 minutes ( has he picked up a knock / is that what he can manage, if so desperate for a striker who can finish, in the short term should Naby start up from in the FA cup game, nothing to lose in my book.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be one of the happiest days, but I feel empty.

A performance that deserved so much more.
  • Well played Charlton and full respect!
  • Proud of them youngsters 
  • We'll probably get 2 mins on Sky after the Rooney love in finishes
  • edited January 2020
    Started so badly, the defense were all over the place, but gradually worked our way back into it.
    Very proud of them for the second half performance, with all the youngsters putting in great shifts.  Could easily have ended 1-1. The ref missed two pens, for Purrington's run into the box, and for the blatant shirt pulling on Naby Sarr. Had the ball landed nearer him the ref might have given it perhaps.
    Purrington was back on '7' form, which is just as well, and Matthews has shown enough to hang on to the right back slot I think.
    Taylor didn't contribute too much which was slightly worrying.
    I think we're in for an interesting January, and it'll be a relief to concentrate just on the football, and transfer dealings.
  • edited January 2020
    0 wins with new owner, ESI out!! :smile:;)

• Very good effort tonight - can't ask for much more.
  • Sponsored links:

• 30 seconds more like, and 20 of that will be about Swansea
  • You've got Derby interviews on both channels. All because of Wayne Rooney!!! Honestly.
    A joke
  • At the game.

Could have been 3 or 4 down by half time easy.

Second half was vastly improved at least the youngsters want to be there.

Controversial view but we were far better off without Taylor he clearly doesn't want to be here and barely put any effort in that first half. I've defended Taylor but tonight was awful for a leader of the team, the kids put him to shame in the second half with the fight and effort they put in compared to him.

It's time to get rid and replace him ASAP and we'll be fine the second half was a performance to be proud of with the guts and fight from the team.

We just need a bit of quality on the pitch. A new striker or two along with Williams back on the pitch we will be fine.
  • We'll probably get 2 mins on Sky after the Rooney love in finishes

Its a proper piss take.
  • Think we should play the under 23s (who aren't in the squad) in the cup. Our squad has been decimated by injury and we can't afford to lose anyone else
  • Great showing but fk me we’re flirting with trouble. 
    If we lose Taylor and Gallagher we’ve got a huge problem 
  • I wonder why Taylor came off. We certainly did better without him in 2nd half 
  • edited January 2020
    We'll probably get 2 mins on Sky after the Rooney love in finishes
    Who cares about the granny grabbing twat I want to hear interviews from our game ffs 
  • edited January 2020
    Cant complain about that 2nd half performance. They gave everything. Some very good performances with Matthews and Davison standouts. Best Purrington has played in months too. Just lacked that bit of quality in the final 3rd to get the point our play deserved. 

Hopefully we can get a bit of a takeover bounce, get some key staff contracts sorted and a few experienced/quality players in during the next couple of weeks.