Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Andre Green signs on loan from Villa**

Comments

• Options
    Thought he had a decent game. I thought Leko was frustrating at times holding on to the ball too long and not looking up. The pull back towards the end of the game deserved better.
  • Options
    I like Green. A more accomplished player than Leko I would say. 
    He fits into our team better. 
  • Options
    Thought he looked good but before people go too down on Leko his goal and assist stats were excellent and will be very hard for Green to match.

• Options
    Sage said:
    He was very good today. Different to Leko. Prefers to play a bit deeper and run with the ball with a bit more space infront of him. He caused them problems. Impressed with him.
    Can only echo this. Very pleased with Green today, was intelligent in his play and showed some very classy touches whilst beating his man on numerous occasions. He also got wiped out by the dirty Sawyers when it looked a very promising break.

My girlfriend also made a good point today too, he’s the type of player that would work really well alongside Taylor.
    Was that in the second half on the touchline - a scissor tackle which should have seen a red and no card shown at all?  Shocking refereeing that.
  • Options
    Really doesn't seem like a 21 year old player. Looking at him play you'd think he was 25/26. I'm hopeful Villa will decide to let him go but if he has a good half season here I can't see them letting him go for nothing
    If they get relegated they may want to keep him like West Ham with Cullen...
  • Options
    I read he might be out of contract in the summer. He's already a decent championship player and I think at 21 he'll only get better. Sign him up 
    Contract with Villa runs out on the 30th June 2020. Let’s all be very very nice to him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And so it begins.

His minor knock that forced him to miss one game, now looks like making him miss this weekend as well.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-could-be-missing-key-attacker-for-barnsley-match/
  • Options
    Andre Green is a doubt for Charlton’s home game against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.

The Aston Villa attacker missed the midweek victory at Nottingham Forest and underwent a scan on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old has scored twice for the South Londoners since arriving on loan at the start of January.

“He has got a slight problem and we don’t really know what it is,” said Addicks manager Lee Bowyer. “He had a cyst, or something like that, and there is some discomfort there.

“Hopefully it [the scan] doesn’t come back too bad.

“He was involved at Stoke. He woke up the morning of Stoke and said his knee felt sore. We’d trained the day before and he was fine. He’d trained all week and been fine.

“He managed to play the Stoke game and after that it was a bit sore. We had to take a precaution then, we left him behind and let him get ready for the weekend.

“He’d been doing a bit of rehab stuff, he’d been outside running. The first day was okay running and the next day he felt it a bit. That’s why he has gone for a scan.”

Sam Field (knee) was also absent for the fixture at the City Ground.

“All I know is that he was going to see West Brom’s doctor in London earlier this week,” said Bowyer. “I’ll find out more today.”

• Options
    With Bonne available again (plus Williams to return) we don't need Green on Saturday, though it would be nice to have him as an option.
  • Options
    It could be something to do with his grandad dying.
    If you're depressed everything feels a lot worse.
  • Options
    Liked the look of him initially and thought he was good against Barnsley, but he has been absolutely useless since. Unable to hold the ball up or run into space and there's been times he that he can't even control a simple pass to his feet.

• Options
    Charltonised me thinks.....
  • Options
    I think quite a few of the lads look low on confidence, the amount of times we gave the ball away last night was unbelievable. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't know why he didn't come on sooner. Bonne wasn't at it last night and a bit of pace was probably what we needed to stretch them. He's suffering a bit from us having options; Leko used to play every week regardless of what happened because Hemed was injured and Bowyer wasn't sure Bonne was up to it. Then once Taylor got injured it was those two or no-one. That meant that Leko, not an out-and-out striker played every week and grew into the role. He was frustrating as hell but by the end I reckon he'd figured it out. I think Green is honestly a slightly better player than Leko but he could do with a run in the first team to help him switch from winger to striker more quickly. Bowyer's selection headache up front might actually cause us more harm than good deciding who plays alongside Taylor.
  • Options
    I think quite a few of the lads look low on confidence, the amount of times we gave the ball away last night was unbelievable. 

Confidence is definitely an issue. You can see all the tell tale signs of players low on confidence, for example:

- Cullen more hesitant than usual to release the ball and passing sideways or backwards rather than raking forward passes like he was playing in August.
    - Alfie cutting back and inside rather than driving down the line with the ball
    - Ozzy stepping over a great shooting opportunity and the ball was crossed into him on the edge of the box.

Our formation also lost the battle against theirs. We also kept losing our shape trying to close down Sheff Weds, meaning when we did win the ball, there were just not enough options available to the man on the ball.

Think we need to get back to basics. The team looks most comfortable with the diamond. think we just need to play that home and away for a few matches, pick a settled side etc. Ideally one that includes Lapslie in the midfield.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be a huge player for us these last 9 games!
  • Options
    Fair play to Andre Green, don’t expect posts like this from on-loan players.

It’s like a Ryan Reynolds birthday greeting!
  • Options
    Having seen it from both Macca and Andre I wonder if the players are being asked to post this

Cant imagine either are good at photoshop like what we've seen with their posts

Gawd I'm a synical bastard at times :) - Regardless, its still and nice gesture from those involved
  • Options
    Fair play to Andre Green, don’t expect posts like this from on-loan players.

Thats class
  • Options
    Having seen it from both Macca and Andre I wonder if the players are being asked to post this

Cant imagine either are good at photoshop like what we've seen with their posts

Gawd I'm a synical bastard at times :) - Regardless, its still and nice gesture from those involved
    Be a bit weird to only ask 2 of them to post it, no?

Doubt half of them run their own twitter accounts anyway.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Could be a huge player for us these last 9 games!
    agreed ..  let's all hope so
  • Options
    Have we extended the loan past 30th June? 

Hope so, decent player who I'd like us to sign permanently if given the chance 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Lyle's one coming soon?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Green? decent player? he doesn't have the flair and pace Leko had. we'd probably go down with Green in the first 11
  • Options
    Green? decent player? he doesn't have the flair and pace Leko had. we'd probably go down with Green in the first 11
    Better than going down with Green on the first 11...