Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Andre Green signs on loan from Villa**

Comments

• Options
    Going back to pre-season, given the choice of Green or Leko I would have taken Green every time - more first-team experience, more goals, more versatility. Can't understand some of the negativity about this signing. And I say this after Leko's done pretty well for us.

I think, given our current circumstances, the negativity relates to his injury record rather than his footballing ability.

'Do we need yet another crock' etc
  • Options
    6 minutes late with registration I heard.
    Can't we appeal ..... ? :smile:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    LenGlover said:
    How long will he be out with his hand injury? ;)
    Bad news he's done his Metacarpal I the two bones in his Metacarpal III and his Metacarpal V is pretty bruised...  typical the medical team compounded it by shutting his injured hand in the door!
  • Options
    Andre Green is like Leko with a brain
    Much more considered on the ball that's for sure. I liked what I saw from him, and interested to see how he develops. 
  • Options
    I get the joke but Leko is not shit.
    Thought Green was ok today but ok is not what we need
  • Options
    He looks about as good as we could possibly hope to get on loan. He played well. What did you expect?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the first sentence. Leko was good. He certainly has more pace and tricky skills then Green. However Green (so far) seems to have better decision making skills, and certainly reads the game better. 
  • Options
    Was only a tongue in cheek comment. I was, and still am, a big Leko fan. I’ve stuck up for him a few times on here when he’s been dug out
  • Options
    Green looked good today and will improve. Well played Andre and welcome to Charlton. 
  • Options
    Was only a tongue in cheek comment. I was, and still am, a big Leko fan. I’ve stuck up for him a few times on here when he’s been dug out
    No worries i got that it was not serious. Id be surprised if Green scores more than Leko this season.
  • Options
    Green looked good today and will improve. Well played Andre and welcome to Charlton. 
    Sounds like another player we will make 2x-3x as valuable as when he arrived. Frankly, we should start charging clubs for loans instead of paying for them.
  • Options
    Thought he looked good today. Can’t believe there wasn’t a card for that challenge on him towards the end. 
  • Options
    The cut back he done deserved a finish or effort at least, put it into exact area you'd want as a coach. 
    Pratley was waiting to shoot side footed... Just a shame there was a West Brom player between him and the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like another player we will make 2x-3x as valuable as when he arrived. Frankly, we should start charging clubs for loans instead of paying for them.
    Thanks to Bowyer, JJ and the rest of the coaching team, I think Gallen can bring in talent that does get better while here. 

Which is why we are now thinking about perms because uh you know that’s how it works
  • Options
    The boy looked pretty rapid. We should be pretty dangerous on the break with him, Doughty, and Williams in the team.

I wouldn’t extrapolate too much from one performance but he did some good things today. Work rate was good and earned himself a booking sticking up for Gallagher near the end suggesting he’s buying into the tram spirit already. 
  • Options
    Thought he looked like one of the better attacking players on the pitch today. Let’s hope he’s fired up to bag a goal or two at Deepdale next weekend.
  • Options
    Great tekkers as the kids say. V impressed with his close control and showed great  vision at times. We need to get on his wavelength and he needs match fitness - totally knackered at the end. Liked what I saw overall. 
  • Options
    The boy looked pretty rapid. We should be pretty dangerous on the break with him, Doughty, and Williams in the team.

I wouldn’t extrapolate too much from one performance but he did some good things today. Work rate was good and earned himself a booking sticking up for Gallagher near the end suggesting he’s buying into the tram spirit already. 
    Don't you mean train spirit?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Green is a class player that doesn't have to have his head down looking at the ball to see where it is.
    Therefore, he can see what's going on around him and make a pass accordingly.

Leko runs with his head down and doesn't generally know who is available to pass to.

Mind you, it doesn't mean that Green will do better for us than Leko.