Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Andre Green signs on loan from Villa**

Comments

• Options
    redman said:
    From my Pompey mate
    had him on loan for first half of last season. Injured for half the loan. Scored winner at Norwich in the Cup. Impact player. Quick but drifts in and out of games. Not sure he will do a job over 90 minutes in Championship. 

Me, year older and still only 21, very Leko like. Good addition to the squad but not expecting him to set the world on fire. However definitely be 100% behind him! COYA 
    Sounds like every championship winger ever then.
  • Options
    Great name, so must be a great player!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Tell that to Christ Bongo.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Could do well if he can get over his gout,my tip,keep off the seafood and cauliflower as they are very bad for gout,also halve your marmite intake
  • Options
    Never heard of him. Seems a straight swap for Leko. We need to strengthen, not just replace. Hopefully this is the first of many.
    I'd be very happy to replace with players of equal ability. We were a top half team without an unreasonable number of injuries.
  • Options
    Could do well if he can get over his gout,my tip,keep of the seafood and cauliflower as they are very bad for gout,also halve your marmite intake
    Did you get all that info from one of your surveys?
    if so you are very thorough!
  • Options
    Welcome André, may our time together be fruitful and laden with goals.
    FWIW if you can avoid passing back to Naby Sarr or Jason Pearce under just about any circumstances, ever, we'll all stay a lot happier.

• Options
    can see the logic - since Williams got injured, Leko was the only player left who could go past players (doughty can but is starting to get found out a bit now) so this type of player is desperately needed - just a shame he's got an arthritic toe!!! 
  • Options
    Rodney then Danny now Andre. It all bodes well.
    You forgot George....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:
    He is just one of our 5 a day :)
    Ok, 5 in this window (3 loans, 2 permanent)
  • Options
    I'm hoping he's an upgrade on Leko. I think he is.
  • Options

welcome Andre and good luck.

However, I think we need better quality signings if we want to stay up this season.

• Options
    PWR
    Well it feels like he’s a replacement for Leko to me so fingers crossed 
  • Options
    First pic just in
  • Options
    Not available tonight, says Dan Roan. Doesn't say why in the link.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Greenie said:
    Could do well if he can get over his gout,my tip,keep of the seafood and cauliflower as they are very bad for gout,also halve your marmite intake
    Did you get all that info from one of your surveys?
    if so you are very thorough!
    Knowledge is King and January is peak time for gout and takeovers
  • Options
    It's Andre not André
  • Options
    We get Andre (sans accent) just as Villa's record signing and main striker look like missing the rest of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I suspect the losing interest and sulking (my word) of some loan players is very common and can result in mysterious 'injuries' and lack of commitment .. I'm sure Bowyer will make sure that Green keeps his act together
  • Options
    Happy to get one in so early. Hopeful of another forward, Vydra would be great if the rumour is true. If the new Arsenal manager is not interested in looking at Nketiah just yet and he is gonna be loaned out to another club, id gladly take him too.
  • Options
    If we get 5 goals and 4 assists from Green I'm sure that will be a positive. (Leko's stats) but I hope Andre only beats his man once before crossing or shooting as Jonathan could be a tad frustrating !
  • Options
    From a Villa fan:

“Inconsistent. Has flashes of brilliance but then other times he looks clueless. Okay with the ball but end product is questionable. However with game time I think those flashes of brilliance could become more frequent.”

Sounds exactly like Leko 
    Indeed it does 
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Not available tonight, says Dan Roan. Doesn't say why in the link.
    Broken Leg
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We haven’t got a player with real pace, skill and trickery since Leko went. This has shown in recent games when we don’t have an out ball. When we signed Leko, Bowyer called him a wildcard, expecting him to amaze and frustrate in equal measure. This seems a like for like replacement. Could prove to be a great addition but he has to hit the ground running for us.
  • Options
    So we replaced Jonathan Leko with Jonathan Leko Mark II :) . I shouldn't feel this good about the signing but I do. welcome Andre Green  :)
  • Options
    Yes, like Andre Green - good player.