Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Andre Green signs on loan from Villa**

Comments

• Options
    He played against us for Pompy, I can remember thinking he was a decent player and is RAPID! 
  • Options
    As Siri says 'Here's what i found'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Green
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Lets see his opening statement , when its announced to see if its the same!

"You only have to look at what has been achieved here and how good the fans are. It was no-brainer coming here."

Andre Green

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/green-arrives-on-loan/

If he can perform how Leko did for the 1st half of the season i'll be delighted.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Several questions : 

1) Is he any good? - He was both times he played us over last season and this pre-season. 

2) How tall is he? - 5ft 11

3) What foot does he kick mainly with? - Left Peg

4) Are we shopping in Lidl's or Waitrose? Tesco/Sainsburies

5) Does he spend half of his life on Twitter?  No

6) Is he injured already? - Yes, but should be okay to play

This season all comps: P6 GS1 A0
    Time Played 227mins (Less than three full games)

His one goal:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpN9_FMY8i0

• Options
    Not heard of him but I hadn't heard of Leko either and he was a great addition to the squad. In Bowyer and Gallen we trust, welcome Andre.
  • Options
    I think Bow and Gallen look for attributes over "position". With Leko gone we desperately lack someone with pace and trickery who can run at defenders as well as play off the shoulder. If they think Green has those attributes then thats good enough for me.
  • Options
    Crying out for midfielders and we sign this fella?
    Sounds like a rush job to me because Bonnes agent was getting shitty?

Bowyer cracking? Hope not.
    What !!!! If anything, we’re crying out for someone to deliver a decent ball into the box. Direct replacement for Leko, IMO. There’ll be a few more signings to come and Williams and Field are pretty close to a return. I hope the £21m injection will go towards buying Cullen amongst others. Chill ... 
  • Options
    isn't Field back to where he was after doing it again in training? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    isn't Field back to where he was after doing it again in training? 
    Can only hope it wasnt so bad this time when he twisted his knee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sam Field was doing his last day of training at West Brom on Tuesday and his foot got stuck in the grass and he’s tweaked his knee again. He twisted the wrong way and his foot got stuck.

“He was in normal training, all of his rehab was done but they wanted to give him a couple of days training before they sent him back to us, just so they knew he was all good.

“He got through the first day and then got injured on the second day.

“He is having a scan and we’ll see how bad it is.

Don't think we ever heard more.

• Options
    Will Aston Villa let him play in the cup game on Sunday?
  • Options
    Did anybody mention he is a direct replacement for Leko?  ;)
    If he's as good or better that'll be great.
    Keep 'em coming - several more required.
  • Options
    Lekoish from what I have seen on the telly .. could be a decent signing, GIVEN SERVICE FROM MIDFIELD ..  welcome Andre and good fortune in your stay with us
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Will Aston Villa let him play in the cup game on Sunday?
    I doubt it will matter, neither West Brom or us will risk any players that can help our league statuses. It will West Brom Reserves v Charlton Reserves.
  • Options
    Well we need bodies and IF he can stay fit long enough then he could be useful.

I just hope he is not seen as our replacement for Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

If he was seen as a Lyle replacement (he's definitely not as Bow said he's here to replace Leko), i'd be seriously questioning Bowyer and Gallen. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    LenGlover said:

If he was seen as a Lyle replacement (he's definitely not as Bow said he's here to replace Leko), i'd be seriously questioning Bowyer and Gallen. 
    I didn't mean Bow and Gallen seeing him as Lyle's replacement but the mad Belgian whom, let us not forget, still owns the Club.
  • Options
    The Championship is strange.....you get some players who make it at some clubs, while others who big things are expected of....vanish away!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    LenGlover said:

I didn't mean Bow and Gallen seeing him as Lyle's replacement but the mad Belgian whom, let us not forget, still owns the Club.
    No, absolutely correct. Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    I hope we don't break him too quickly.
  • Options
    Signing Andre all seems a bit mysterious 
  • Options
    Two good finishes there.
  • Options
    Also fairly sure Green's contract is up in June - could be one we think we could sign permanently if his loan goes well. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

"It was a no-brainer coming here."

Andre Green

That can definitely be read two ways. 
  • Options
    Rodney then Danny now Andre. It all bodes well.
  • Options
    From my Pompey mate
    had him on loan for first half of last season. Injured for half the loan. Scored winner at Norwich in the Cup. Impact player. Quick but drifts in and out of games. Not sure he will do a job over 90 minutes in Championship. 

Me, year older and still only 21, very Leko like. Good addition to the squad but not expecting him to set the world on fire. However definitely be 100% behind him! COYA 
  • Options
    Second Charlton player to share a name with me after Bikey. Other than that, won’t know what to make of him until I see him play.