Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Andre Green signs on loan from Villa**

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Yh like others have said straight replacement for Johanthon Leko although to me seems to be more of an out and out wide man which although not necessarily a perfect fit for bow's preferred formation I would say something we've been crying out for in recent matches. 
  • Options
    I'm happy with that, bags of talent on him. In bows and Gallen we trust 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Can I be the first to say.......

Underwhelmed.
    I'd be getting worried about you if you hadn't 😉
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Could be wrong but didn’t he rinse us a new one at Pompey a couple of seasons ago?
    Scored Pompey's goal against us @ Fratton Park last season
  • Options
    Why isn't he available for tonight?
  • Options
    I think with the smooth PR operation of ESI that they’d be clever enough to announce the crappiest signing first , so things can only get better 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be wrong but didn’t he rinse us a new one at Pompey a couple of seasons ago?
    Is that a thing?
  • Options
    Against Derby we looked devoid of guile and ideas for most of the game, hopefully he can add a bit of creativity as well.
  • Options
    I think with the smooth PR operation of ESI that they’d be clever enough to announce the crappiest signing first , so things can only get better 
    This loan signing sounds like it's a within existing budget direct replacement...... if Leko hadn't been seriously injured and sent back to West Brom, Green wouldn't have been signed at all.

• Options
    Why isn't he available for tonight?
    Because his big toe hurts.

• Options
    Unless the takeover has been given the green light this is a deal that Gallen has spoken to Duchatelet about as he is still the owner. Agree sounds like a doppelganger for Leko who did well for a 20 year old who couldn't get into the West Brom squad.

Welcome Andre and good luck.
  • Options
    strange by preston. reading a bit of their forum they dont have much to say about green as he has barely played which in itself is something they are moaning about. 

"The Andre Green signing served its purpose, which was to disguise how truly piss-poor our summer transfer business was."
  • Options
    🦁 Andre Green
    🆚 Norwich City
    📍 Villa Park
    📆 01/04/2017

• Options
    Out tonight fractured eyelash.
  • Options
    Perhaps we might see more of a 433 in the coming weeks with him and Doughty either side of Lyle until Bonne returns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Andre. Hopefully stays fit! Clearly a key part of a promoted team last season so has pedigree at this level.
  • Options
    Never heard of him!

That's not saying much as I had not heard of most of the loanees we got in the summer.   Good luck Andre and try an stay fit there's a good lad!
  • Options
    Welcome Andre. Hopefully stays fit! Clearly a key part of a promoted team last season so has pedigree at this level.
    Not sure he is fit from Preston reports?
  • Options
    Good Signing -- comments from 2 villa fans i work with ..now for a few midfielders 
  • Options
    Perhaps we might see more of a 433 in the coming weeks with him and Doughty either side of Lyle until Bonne returns.
    Bowyer likes two mobile strikers, from his quote it’s clear he intends to use him as a striker who can drift out wide and take players on. He’s cleared him to Leko and Grant.

Hopefully like those two he’ll score and create goals for us. Probably a different role to what he’s used to, like Leko he’ll need to adapt to it.
  • Options
    Is this the bloke who had the car crash ?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Watched the video on the OS.  Has an eye for goal and lots of pace.  Let’s give him a chance before we write him off!!
    Hamstring injury in 

• Options
    🦁 Andre Green
    🆚 Norwich City
    📍 Villa Park
    📆 01/04/2017

#AVFC https://t.co/LgshrgsINX

Similar goal to Danny Green for Dagenham v Cafc in 2011.
  • Options
    Seems Brentford were interested in signing him as well