Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Andre Green signs on loan from Villa**

Comments

• Options
    Only really know him from Solly's pre-season game.  Looks very Leko-esque from the video and I'd be happy if he matches JL's return in the 2nd half of the season.  No idea when our 13 injured are scheduled back, but if more than half are still more than a 6 weeks away, then I think we still need 4 more in, preferably 5.  
  • Options
    Welcome André.

Is this the first André to represent the. addicks ?
  • Options
    Is he French ?
  • Options
    Whelmed.

Played in this division

Can play up top or wide

Can score

Gallen and Bowyer rate him

It isn't Danny

Welcome to the club, Andre.

Can he? Where is the proof of that, he got 1 in 18 last season for Villa. 
  • Options
    Welcome André.

He doesn't have the accent over the e. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Whelmed.

Played in this division

Can play up top or wide

Can score

It isn't Danny

Which proves he can score if we're being pedantic, which I'm not.

Also scored against us for Pompey and Villa.

Has he been prolific? No, but he's played as a winger and Bowyer wants to play him more centrally.

Leko had never scored a league goal before joining us and finished with five or six.
  • Options
    Welcome André.

Peter?
  • Options
    Must be a quiet day on twitter as "Andre Green" is trending in the United Kingdom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whelmed.

Played in this division

Can play up top or wide

Can score

It isn't Danny

Which proves he can score if we're being pedantic, which I'm not.

Also scored against us for Pompey and Villa.
    Well yes he can literally score, maybe even with arthritis in his toe. 

Look I will back him on the pitch as I do every other Charlton player. I guess I am just underwhelmed. Irrespective of reason we are in trouble. Green just doesn't seem to fit into our style and he isn't a striker. In fairness he will draw comparisons with Leko who had barely scored before he came to us. 

I would be delighted if I was proven wrong, just think we would have been much better off going for a striker rather than a wide man who can play up top. 
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Watched the video on the OS.  Has an eye for goal and lots of pace.  Let’s give him a chance before we write him off!!
    No, let’s write him off before giving him a chance. That’s the Charlton way.
  • Options
    No disrespect to Andre but we are digging in for a relegation scrap and with the best will in the world I can’t see André turning the tide of our declining season. I’m sure he’ll play his part but the next two signings have to really make a difference.
  • Options
    LB likes to play a winger with a striker as a tricky and unpredictable foil. Seems he fits the bill! 
  • Options
    Leko swap effectively. Good luck AG.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    cafc-west said:
    Watched the video on the OS.  Has an eye for goal and lots of pace.  Let’s give him a chance before we write him off!!
    No, let’s write him off before giving him a chance. That’s the Charlton way.
    Agree. Burn the bastard, how dare he come to us looking to impress and improve our fortunes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the Derby game we were devoid of creativity and pace going forward so this signing should at least help address that problem even if he isn't an out and out forward
  • Options
    Good luck to Andre.
  • Options
    Never heard of him. Seems a straight swap for Leko. We need to strengthen, not just replace. Hopefully this is the first of many.
  • Options
    Very good player. Helped Villa get promoted last year so knows the league and I think is more experienced at a young age than Leko was when he joined. Can only help the current team do better IF he stays away from injury! 

Now lets go out and get that striker, CB and CM.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Valley11 said:
    A couple of lines from the Villa forum on Green:

——

Let's not give up on Andre, just yet. Remember, Harry Kane went back to Spurs after an anonymous loan spell only to be given a chance, through injuries, in the first team. And the rest, as they say. 

———

Injuries have ruined him. It's a shame as he looked like a genuine prospect at one stage.

———

He should go to League One

——-

He's 21 years old, he's not that young and I'm gonna take a massive gander here and say the top end of the Championship is probably his ceiling, even if he does improve over time.

——-

Bring him back. I like the guy. Can’t help it. Some people you just find yourself rooting for in life. Maybe it was the time I saw him signing autographs at the back of the North Stand long after some dismal home defeat. He was out injured, Villa had been crap, everyone had endured a shit day. But there he was on his own, very polite, helping at least a few young fans have something to take away from their afternoon. Yes, somewhere along the way he lost some spark of self-belief. But as long as he is a Villa player, I will continue hoping against hope that he somehow finds his groove and fulfils that potential he had. If not, well, then the hope cost me nothing and I will still wish him all the best.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/10761-andré-green/page/109/

Same forum, looking for further quotes:

- When all is said and done are we really that much better than Preston, they're near the top of the championship and we're near the bottom of the Premier league. I don't think him not getting into their sides us much, we're not exactly amazing ourselves

- Could be a good move for him. Bowyer is talking about playing him upfront to cover Leko 

- Add Preston and Alex Neil to the shit list. Never give them players ever again.

Good move that, shame he has missed 6 months sitting on someone elses bench!

• Options
    I put this in the wrong place.

When we have a choice we don't play with 2 strikers, or even a number 9.

When we have been at our best over the last 18 months we have played with split strikers and a false 9.

Players described as wingers now and normally either wide strikers, what Bowyer wants, or wide midfielders.  A lot of people would still class Salah, Mane, Sterling etc as wingers
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Several questions : 

1) Is he any good?

2) How tall is he?

3) What foot does he kick mainly with?

4) Are we shopping in Lidl's or Waitrose? 

5) Does he spend half of his life on Twitter?

6) Is he injured already?

7) Can we come up with a catchy song for him?