Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dry Jan / Vegan Jan/ Veggie Jan / No Smoking Jan (any other Jan intentations) Thread

Comments

• Veganuary
  • Back to The Valley Jan :)
  • If it’s any help, I’ve given up giving things up. 
  • Finally decided to take up speed hump therapy.  Nothing too ambitious to begin with just a weekly unidirectional  drive over with food.
  • Dry January.
    Did it last year (or the year before?) only to break it towards the end of the month by accidentally having a beer with @SE7toSG3 before a home match  :)
  • So as I said I was on Vegetarian today... Just so I could have a rare slice of banoffee. 

Really enjoyed that slice and we're vegan for the rest of the month.
  • Dry Jan as usual. Also stop coffee for maybe 3 weeks, as part of the process of re-setting my sleep patterns. I find that one of the benefits of dry Jan is I start to sleep better (deeper) after a couple of weeks. 

And I always make my first alcohol in Feb a Pilsner Urquell from the tank, it tastes like liquid Paradise. I daydream about it for most of the week before. 

Cakes banned for the month, and generally eating less bad stuff, and got a weight target to go with all that.

January. The cruellest month...

• Mince pies 
  • Sponsored links:

• Needed some sad music playing in the background @PragueAddick reading that :-)
    Your the winner, mate. Less espresso-fuelled rants on CL for you to patrol of a morning :-1:

Mind you, other rants are available...
  • I will be aiming for the Chinese concept of 放鬆 (fong sung)

It sort of means chill, relax or let things go. Just bored with myself getting so angry, impatient and emotional about wrongs and injustices i just can't do anything about.

Won't be easy.
  • My wife and I have been pescatarian for almost a year now, but we’re doing dry January as well as we’ve been overdoing it a bit over the last couple of months!
  • Anyone have a good vegan shopping list and website for recipes?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone have a good vegan shopping list and website for recipes?
    I used the essentials bit at the front of the Bosh! Cookbook, which has some really good recipes in it too. If I remember tonight, I can take a picture of it and post.

Someone posted one on the rise of the vegans thread too.
  • Last year took the option of damp January (one drinking-day per week) followed by vegan February.
    This year Dry-veganuary for me, dry being much the harder of the two.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Anyone have a good vegan shopping list and website for recipes?
    I used the essentials bit at the front of the Bosh! Cookbook, which has some really good recipes in it too. If I remember tonight, I can take a picture of it and post.

Someone posted one on the rise of the vegans thread too.
    Cheers, just found it:

A lot of this stuff is overkill for Veganuary (how much agave are you going to get through in a month), but:

Is good

• Sponsored links:

• More exercise, less alcohol, healthier (veggie) food.

I'm at that age where if I don't change my ways, I'm an accident waiting to happen.

Would be nice to be alive long enough to see the fortunes of our club change for the better (although this might involve some futuristic gene editing/robot surgery given that we are Charlton!).

Good luck everyone.

P.S Also making sure that I get a chance to properly appreciate nature once a day (actually stopping, looking, listening, smelling etc. and watching the patterns of life weave their around to the rhythms of life - good for the soul).  Just five or ten minutes out from the hustle and bustle where we can find ourselves racing around a mental circuit, fixed on what is in front of us but oblivious to what there is to see elsewhere......sorry, lost myself a bit there!
  • I had such a bad hangover yesterday that the only way I could cope was to have a couple of beers...so that didn't get off to a good start.
  • I did dry January for about ten years, but always drank like a fish for the other 11 months. Last year I focused on total number of dry days and managed 103, so will aim to beat that (even if discussing it makes me sound incontinent).

• MrWalker said:
    Dry January in our house.
    Wife not happy though.
    She prefers a bit of foreplay.

We'll see how it goes.
    New Year Update.

It’s  causing a little friction between us.
  • I'm going to try and have a little run at no meat and no bread and see how it goes.

Just had a jacket potato & 5 bean chilli (named i believe as it only included 5 beans). My boy left a sauage and rasher of bacon on his plate and for the first time in my life i resisted hoovering it up.

• MrWalker said:
    MrWalker said:
    Dry January in our house.
    Wife not happy though.
    She prefers a bit of foreplay.

We'll see how it goes.
    New Year Update.

It’s  causing a little friction between us.
    KY mate, that should sort it out.