Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Preston | Sun 03 Nov | 12noon KO | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1_a4u2llk

Watch the replays of the cross that brings about Phillips' early save. Sarr is going to deal with it comfortably, then Pearce dives in, gets a nick on it and they should score. If you dive in you absolutely have to clear it. Weird how Sarr's errors (trying to make space, losing the ball, giving away a yellow card) are seen as so much worse than errors which bring about clear chances and penalties. 
    Are you absolutely certain that Sarr calls for it then?

Pearce cant leave the ball if he doesnt know whats going on behind him, especially as he'll know that Stockley has been left unmarked so could be anywhere
    There's no time to call for it but it's not about calling, it's about making the clearance if you go for it
    Little piece of advice

When people stop trying to reason with you its not because your right all the time but its because they're tired that you cant take criticism and its just tiresome trying
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1_a4u2llk

Watch the replays of the cross that brings about Phillips' early save. Sarr is going to deal with it comfortably, then Pearce dives in, gets a nick on it and they should score. If you dive in you absolutely have to clear it. Weird how Sarr's errors (trying to make space, losing the ball, giving away a yellow card) are seen as so much worse than errors which bring about clear chances and penalties. 
    Are you absolutely certain that Sarr calls for it then?

Pearce cant leave the ball if he doesnt know whats going on behind him, especially as he'll know that Stockley has been left unmarked so could be anywhere
    There's no time to call for it but it's not about calling, it's about making the clearance if you go for it
    Little piece of advice

When people stop trying to reason with you its not because your right all the time but its because they're tired that you cant take criticism and its just tiresome trying
    Of course I can take criticism! But I honestly don't know what you're on about. There's no time to call and Sarr rightly assumes Pearce will clear it. I've provided the video, you all make your minds up
  • Options
    Worst football I've seen us play under Bowyer, it reminded me of the Pardew/Parky era, we just didn't show up.

I thought the atmosphere was dreadful too, what's happened to the drummer?
    Atmosphere was awful but that's what a Sunday lunchtime does to you. Mate of mine was watching at home and said it sounded loud on the box so Sky must have turned the volume up. 
  • Options
    was this realy the game I just watched??!must have missed our 8 shots and 4 big chances and our 217 accurate passes?
    The big chances for CAFC are:

-Gallagher's header just past the post in the first half. (25%)
    -Aneke at the back post just failing to make enough contact. (52%)
    -Lockyer's back post header in the 94th minute... (34%)
    -...which then fell to Purrington who put it into the side netting. (49%)
  • Options
    was this realy the game I just watched??!must have missed our 8 shots and 4 big chances and our 217 accurate passes?
    201 of them were Sarr and Purrington back passing to each other or the goalie.
  • Options
    I can see why Preston deserved the win.  However, they must've feared something in Charlton by favouring their game disruption tactics over football.  Number 20 Stockley can only be in their side as a battering ram - he seemed more intent on disabling defenders that actually playing the game.  
  • Options
    Poor performance, we got what we deserved. It’s no coincidence that we seem to play better against the “passing “ teams but seem to struggle against the hard working, more workmanlike sides like Brum, Wigan and Preston.
  • Options
    Palarse losing 2.0 now.
    Just tryin4to keep people happy 😁
    The Vardy goal celebrations cheered me right up lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palarse losing 2.0 now.
    Palarse losing 2.0 now.
    Post of the day 🤣
  • Options
    Taylor looking a huge miss when we perform like we did today.
  • Options
    very poor performance. basics were all wrong. that second half was abysmal. all players gave the ball away. hardly won any second balls and we were content on playing the ball in the air which suited Preston.
    Preston obviously deserved winners but was really disappointed with all our outfield players. especially the defensive ones. 

also, i know we do alot of work on the training pitch when it comes to corners but a little work on our throw-ins wouldn't go a miss either. inevitably gives possession straight back to them. 
  • Options
    Another crap live TV performance. Really missed William's composure in the middle today. Gallagher tried too hard to compensate and was guilty of over-playing. I didn't realise Cullen was playing until the second half. Little service for Bonne and I wasn't impressed with Kayal who was lucky to stay on the pitch. Tenth at the start of November is better than expected and we have to hope we get some of the wounded back in the line quickly or else we risk losing confdence. It really would be a good time to beat Millwall but we will need a much better all round performance than that to do it.
  • Options
    LB was out thought by his opposite number today, they did to us what we normally to other teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor game.

Fair result.

Thought Kayal could easily have been sent off.

Understood the half time change but it didn't work.

Phillips MOM for us.

Their (Paul) Gallagher the classiest player on the pitch.

Their 4 dog looked like Alan from Hangover. 
  • Options
    4 big chances......

Purrington's shot
    Gallagher's header
    Aneke far post
    Purrington far post.

No where near enough for being the home side & Sky showed some stats that we were the most effective team in the league for the ratio of chances to goals in the first 6 games of the season but poor since then. Looks like the new season euphoria has slowly faded away and now reality is starting to kick in. They say it's a tough league to get out of.....but also a tough league to stay in. We just have to make sure we are not in the bottom 3 when the music stops next May 
  • Options
    A begrudging word for the Preston fans. Excellent turnout and made some noise.
    Excellent turn out for a Sunday on the box,but mainly silent until their goal. 1000 in that stand could be deafening, I wasn't that impressed 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Seeing Bonne get a 4 and Phillips a 5 on the old scoreboard makes me realize that CL are a tough crowd.
    We were flat today, and desperately need Taylor and Williams back.
    How dare Bonne not score five games in a row !
  • Options
    PNE did a job on us. Good side and can see why they are top.

Sure they know every trick in the book but they are lot more than spoilers.

We never got going and couldn't find any fluidity, partly due to Preston denying space in the centre (they were happy to let our full backs get forward wide) but mostly because we didn't click. Teams like Fulham want to outplay you and we can counter that.  We look uneasy with teams that try to stop us playing like Birmingham and today.

A game made for Taylor and Williams alas.

Sarr was Sarr. Some will try to shift the blame to Pearce or Pratley but Sarr does this too often. He looks good when he has time, press him and he flaps as sides have worked out.

Philips man of the match by default but he did well when called on.

This might deflate some of the wild expectations ahead of next Saturday. I got a ticket today as well : - (
  • Options
    Outplayed by a confident side.
  • Options
    Golfie Jnr has just walked in through the door. Says it's amazing that the last 2 games we've played teams who when leading have been chanting...."we're top of the league"..... Millwall in that space of time have played Stoke & Reading. 

I've told him that you have to play each team home & away and its luck when you play them. But it does seem like we've played all the good ones & none of the poor ones. Barnsley 3rd game of the season & they had been unbeaten at home for over a year.....now look at them. Ditto Huddersfield who are now on a good run having been awful for the 1st 2 months of the season. 
  • Options
    Best team won for sure but looking at the grand scheme of things, it wasn’t so bad.

we lost to the team top of the league by a penalty only... we created chances of our own and the score line could’ve been different another day. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the first half, it looked pretty even, and we had had a couple of chances. Sarr seemed to have eased into the game after a few iffy passes and had also crocked their player.  Kayal looked quite impressive but seemed to disappear as the half went on.

Overall, we seemed to unsettle ourselves with the tactical switch at half time as it didn’t see us looking any more likely to score and in fact PNE seemed to become more dangerous. They were rather cynical with their playacting and time wasting. 

A 0-0 draw would probably have been a fair result and the penalty was frustrating as their player wasn’t going to get to the ball anyway.

Suffering from the lack of bodies, and the return of Taylor, Williams, Field and JFC would seem to be some way off.