Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Think it means there not willing to call him back unless it’s financially beneficial to them. 

Surely Charlton would have checked all this out before going down this line for the player?
  • Melrose said:
    If MS has built our hopes up and fails to deliver, then he's a complete twat
    That’s the price you pay for supporting Charlton - it’s the hope that kills you. 

It’s his first transfer window as a Chairman, so maybe he got a bit over excited. However, he used to be an agent so he will know how quickly things can change. I’m certain they will get at least one more over the line today. 
  • There is a long while to go yet...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    WTAF is a Burton pic doing in there?
    Taylor signing for Burton
    Disgusting. Can’t believe it. Club showing a complete lack of ambition.

Southall and Nimer out.
  • Melrose said:
    That’s the price you pay for supporting Charlton - it’s the hope that kills you. 

It’s his first transfer window as a Chairman, so maybe he got a bit over excited. However, he used to be an agent so he will know how quickly things can change. I’m certain they will get at least one more over the line today. 

ricki_otto, hope so, we certainly need to
  • Who remembers when Southall hinted this morning that we were making a signing before 12? Ahh good times. Halcyon hours of today.
    Did he specify 12 midday or 12 midnight though? 
    I've sent him an abusive message on twitter to remind him that the window closes at 11 just in case.

Did Bikey send one as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    Melrose said:

ricki_otto, hope so, we certainly need to
    We really do. Still plenty of time to get it done.
  • Lyle Taylor has been oddly quiet on Instagram today
    He posted on his story this morning. Some days he doesn’t post at all.
  • So do we love MS still or do we hate him as we haven't signed any for 16 hours? #justasking
  • I gotta feeling there’s no more signings. It’s the Charlton way 
  • Two loan signings not good enough at the moment.
  • Not seen it so apologies if posted elsewhere but Maynard-Brewer has apparently joined Dover on loan.

• So do we love MS still or do we hate him as we haven't signed any for 16 hours? #justasking
    Love him, but not in love with him 
  • Sponsored links:

Still think we can only judge him after 11pm tonight but the confidence has gone from this morning, I think everyone woke up buzzing for what could come I just hope he doesn’t let us all down after all the tweets.
  • What’s he gonna do with the free tickets if we don’t sign anybody. I’m sure some will have a couple of suggestions where he can stick em.
    The free tickets are his last bargaining chip to offer Bristol Rovers in exchange for JCH.
    Can't get a signal in Burton 
  • We’re gonna be the new Leeds if Southall fails to deliver after these tweets
    Never forget that, twitter was comedy gold reading the Leeds fans kicking off. They were a madhouse at that time, around the same time when they got that woeful manager in, Hockaday? 
  • edited January 2020
    Right, I'm going to go piss on my bed and if I come back and there is still no more signings, I am going to piss on it again
  • MS's credibility will be totally shot if we dont get more incomings than this!
  • They’re just waiting for people to get home from work so we can all appreciate the signings in the comfort of our own home.
  • I'm almost certain he wouldn't have made all taht drama ewrlwir if he thought we had any chance of getting nobody at all 
  • What’s he gonna do with the free tickets if we don’t sign anybody. I’m sure some will have a couple of suggestions where he can stick em.
    If we don't sign someone after that tweeted video, it's gonna be hilarious. He has to sign someone, anyone just to save face on that one.

Martin Pringle in a short term contract, maybe?