Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Not sure what to make of it, but two people have tweeted in the last few minutes "Taylor stays", not sure if true or a windup. 
    50/50 chance of being right i guess.
  • The closer we get to the deadline the more it feels like keeping hold of LT is the most important thing we can do in this window. 
    Would be a marquee signing for me with all things considered in this window.
  • Not sure what to make of it, but two people have tweeted in the last few minutes "Taylor stays", not sure if true or a windup. 
    If it is Southall and Bowyer that would be great. Otherwise I would wait until one of those says it in front of a camera before I would be comfortable.
  • 1 signing and 8 hours to go... 

• Sorry Dazzler ;-) 
  • I really hope we sign at least one other. Would be a tad embarrassing given all of those tweets. Pride comes before a fall

Here's hoping, but main thing is we keep Taylor
  • I hope for his future credibility as Charlton's CEO that there are at least two signings of some value after those tweets this morning and all that has been said since the takeover. 
    What does "at least 2 signings of some value mean" ? 
    Do you mean I'm happy to get in a worse player as long as we've shelled out a transfer fee ?
    Probably not. 
  • Sponsored links:

If it is Southall and Bowyer that would be great. Otherwise I would wait until one of those says it in front of a camera before I would be comfortable.
    No it wasnt either of them, it was someone with a 'twitter' name (I presume it could be his real one!!) of Dean and the other was someone called Marcus Hoare, who said "probably the best news of the window, now for some extra bodies" - 
    Like I said no idea who they are or whether true or a windup.
  • Thought window closed at 11pm? So seven to go.
  • Bristol rovers saying no contact from Charlton at all today.  Looks like we wont be going for JCH. 
  • cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    WTAF is a Burton pic doing in there?
    Just went through my camera roll.  Almost uploaded one of my colleague called Clive.  
    Super?
  • Rylo said:
    cabbles said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    WTAF is a Burton pic doing in there?
    Just went through my camera roll.  Almost uploaded one of my colleague called Clive.  
    Super?
    Sub-par
  • No JCH, to me mean, Taylor is staying put 
  • Sponsored links:

• luke1 said:
    Bristol rovers saying no contact from Charlton at all today.  Looks like we wont be going for JCH. 
    Maybe I’m reaching but that must mean we’ve got someone lined up? You’d think if we didn’t, Bowyer, Gallen and Southall would be on the phone to as many teams as possible
  • Rothko said:
    The Maddison deal is just a bit odd, as @Addickted said, glad we passed on that 
    Yeah I hope we stick to our recent simple contract negotiations, like Bowyer's!!!
  • Can’t wait for our “Super dupa” marquee signing to be unveiled 
  • Can’t wait for our “Super dupa” marquee signing to be unveiled 
     Lyle I hope.
  • Who remembers when Southall hinted this morning that we were making a signing before 12? Ahh good times. Halcyon hours of today.
    Did he specify 12 midday or 12 midnight though? 
  • 2 more of a half decent calibre the and Lyle staying and I’ll be happy. Anything less and I think Matt will look a bit silly. 
  • Think we need 3 in plus Taylor stays. Another striker, another CM, plus a centre back.

This is relegation we are trying to stave off - if it means carrying a slightly bigger squad to minimise the risk so be it.