Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• For those of us that can remember, there is something to be said for the days when we knew nothing,  turned up on saturday, and found out we'd bought a player at the time the team was running out and being announced.
    except when it turned out to be Gordon Riddick or Maurice Setters, that is...
  • edited January 2020
    MS does need to deliver now after all the tweets, no one can argue that.

On a side note Swindon paid 90k for Eoin Doyle. That has to be the bargain of the window 
  • The closer we get to the deadline the more it feels like keeping hold of LT is the most important thing we can do in this window. 
    Completely agree. I am at the airport in Minsk about to board a flight home for tomorrow’s game. If Taylor is still with us when I land I will be over the moon. 
  • edited January 2020
    MS does need to deliver now after all the tweets, no one can argue that.

On a side note Swindon paid 90k for Eoin Doyle. That has to be the bargain of the window 
    its more of a loan fee as they have only signed him until the end of the season. No idea if his contract with Bradford finishes then but its a bit of a weird deal.
  • Maddison joined Hull City on loan.
  • MS does need to deliver now after all the tweets, no one can argue that.

its more of a loan fee as they have only signed him until the end of the season. No idea if his contract with Bradford finishes then but its a bit of a weird deal.
    Soccer base has him down as his contact expiring this summer, either way it's great business, them getting him and Yates back should at least guarantee play offs.
  • Maddison on loan to Hull

LOAN
  • Maddison joined Hull City on loan.
    ?
  •   "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt," 

Sometimes less is more but not on Twitter.

• Sponsored links:

LOAN
    Was never going to happen after we signed McGeady

LOAN
    Its a strange one but West Ham and Bowen can't agree wages at the moment, so might have a knock on effect with signing Maddison long term.

• He looks delighted, on a sidenote as skybet better pay up, I did this to see if the market would move as a test 
    Don't think they pay out on loan moves mate.

• He looks delighted, on a sidenote as skybet better pay up, I did this to see if the market would move as a test 
    Doubt they will as loans not normally included
  • Addickted said:
    Hull have given Peterborough the release fee they required - but as a loan fee.

Gives Maddison the options in the summer. Glad we never agreed to that deal now.
    Clever really.  He is worth what he is worth now so if he has a rough time he will be a free agent and will get a gig somewhere.  If, however, he has a blinding end to the season his stock will go up a lot and he gets a bigger signing on fee
  • The Maddison deal is just a bit odd, as @Addickted said, glad we passed on that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure what to make of it, but two people have tweeted in the last few minutes "Taylor stays", not sure if true or a windup. 
  • edited January 2020
    @Braziliance looks like they are counting loans

• edited January 2020
    Greenie Junior said:
    Really don’t get why we’re not going all out for Maddison at this point. He’s exactly what we need 

Seems like all out for Maddison would have got you a loan deal, and an expensive one at that.
  • I'm pretty sure McAnthony would have only done a loan with an obligation to buy.  Letting Hull put tge transfer fee into next season's accounts.
  • @Braziliance looks like they are counting loans

Get in! 24 cans of 7-Up it is. Good job not signing him Bowyer and the boys 
  • I think we probably offered the same fee as hull but wanted him to sign 2 to 3 year contract. Hull are prepared for him to walk away on a free at the end of the season as he will be out of contract, unless there is a clause either side the triggers a perm (number of games)
  • edited January 2020
    ColinTat said:
    I'm pretty sure McAnthony would have only done a loan with an obligation to buy.  Letting Hull put tge transfer fee into next season's accounts.
    He is a free agent in the summer. They have essentially paid his fee now to have him on loan, and then in 6 months time he could long them off if he wants.

Not the sort of deal I would have wanted us to do for sure.
  • ColinTat said:
    I'm pretty sure McAnthony would have only done a loan with an obligation to buy.  Letting Hull put tge transfer fee into next season's accounts.
    He’s out of contract in the summer so that wouldn’t make sense.