Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Would love JCH and Bostock, with Taylor staying. That would be cracking. 
  • And if you think I am moving from Lyon to Wolfsburg for £48.4mn on £2 a week you can think again.

Looking at your likes, you'd be on £8.8k a week
  • edited January 2020
    Deffo implied a morning signing, you can say 'he didn't say a time' etc but why specifically say bright and early

As for no JCH, well at least I now know my stance on if I wanted him as a Charlton player, deffo did/do want him signed up 
  • Deffo implied a morning signing 

As for no JCH, well at least I now know my stance on if I wanted him as a Charlton player, deffo did/do want him signed up 
     Literally says "That's all folks" 

On that note I'm off to the Cape Verde with all these strippers.
  • Deffo implied a morning signing 

he also tweeted 'her we go again, and again, and again' implying three further signings
  • We probably missed the midday cut off so might announce him/them when we know we are done. Or we are still panicking and trying to do something/anything.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Deffo implied a morning signing 

Literally says "That's all folks" 

On that note I'm off to the Cape Verde with all these strippers.
    But that surely meant for that time, he would have been on a different pattern to most Charlton fans. Most of us expected a signing by now surely? Obviously I don't care what time they come in today but it was certainly implied 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    I was only kidding becausey that's all folks reads like our business is done.
  • ButtleJR said:
    What does that even mean? Surely Toulouse must have a call back clause otherwise why would we even bother approaching them
  • Jac_52 said:
    Personally I'd still be happy if nothing else happens and we keep Lyle as I think we have enough to stay up. Just. Our injury situation was outrageous and surely can't repeat to that level again and Macgeady could be class for us. League 1 team of the year last year and Bowyer rates him very highly.

Having said that Bostock and/or the Bristol striker would still be nice and make this a decent window in my eyes.

But we've less bodies in the squad now than before the window.

Leko, Kayal and Gallagher all gone and we've only brought in Green and McGeady. Also Charlton legend Joe Ledley has gone too, that isn't an easy sport to fill...
  • Looks like best case scenario from rumours/ITK. 

Outs
    Leko
    Kayal
    Ledley
    Gallagher
    (Possible Davison on loan)

Ins
    Green
    McGeady
    Bostock 
    JCH

That doesn't make us stronger. And that's with Taylor staying.
  • Bostock not happening.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Personally I'd still be happy if nothing else happens and we keep Lyle as I think we have enough to stay up. Just. Our injury situation was outrageous and surely can't repeat to that level again and Macgeady could be class for us. League 1 team of the year last year and Bowyer rates him very highly.

Having said that Bostock and/or the Bristol striker would still be nice and make this a decent window in my eyes.

Agree.  I think we'll have enough and I am happy if Taylor stays.  If we don't get a signing, I would be a little bit disappointed after how boisterous MS has been on Twitter.  Not digging him out per se, but I hope he understands how much we hold onto any sort of hope and optimism.  He's built it up again with his tweets and that is fine, it won't affect my long term position of supporting them, but just think he needs to be a bit more measured 

Outs
    Leko
    Kayal
    Ledley
    Gallagher

Ins
    Green
    McGeady
    Bostock 
    JCH

Arguably does. Gallagher is a huge loss but Kayal and Ledley definitely aren’t. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020

not sure where I stand with MS. I've said a few times on here it might be best if he just kept quiet because the more he opens his mouth or tweets the more he puts his foot in it.

I mellowed a bit yesterday & was quite pleased with the signing of McGeady - but having seen his messages this morning I wished he would just be like other chairman & only say something when he actually has something to say  !!!

• edited January 2020
    Looks like best case scenario from rumours/ITK. 

Outs
    Leko
    Kayal
    Ledley
    Gallagher

Ins
    Green
    McGeady
    Bostock 
    JCH

Kayal and Ledley barely played a game! 

EDIT: Literally everyone is, rightfully, countering this point.

Outs
    Leko
    Kayal
    Ledley
    Gallagher

Ins
    Green
    McGeady
    Bostock 
    JCH

You could almost cut Kayal and Ledley out of that. Complete waste of time the pair of them.

Outs
    Leko
    Kayal
    Ledley
    Gallagher

Ins
    Green
    McGeady
    Bostock 
    JCH

I'd argue it does especially if we have Cullen, Field and Jonny fit
  • edited January 2020
    Everyone chill about MS tweets/posts today. At least wait till 11.01 pm before moaning (after more than likely praising) his tweets today.
    Relax
  • ButtleJR said:
    What does that even mean? Surely Toulouse must have a call back clause otherwise why would we even bother approaching them
    maybe Forest are paying more of his wages than we are willing to pay? So now he's stuck at Forest who don't really want him.
  • edited January 2020
    ButtleJR said:
    It probably means the person who tweeted it doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Just seen that he is works for the Daily Mail, so he is probably their version of Alan Nixon.
  • Think it means there not willing to call him back unless it’s financially beneficial to them.