Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    I think it's safe to say Matt isn't Roland at all

I think he has the clubs best interests at heart. 

He is new in this role, and like all of us, it's possible even he can get carried away a little, but I would rather have that level of excitement/intent and engagement with the fans then anything else we had with Roland. 

He is not going to sell Taylor for 3/4m - 7/8 could be another story but nobody is going to offer that. 

He knows Taylor is an asset 
    I think £4m-£5m and he goes... I expect Brentford will have met that.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I think it's safe to say Matt isn't Roland at all

I think he has the clubs best interests at heart. 

He is new in this role, and like all of us, it's possible even he can get carried away a little, but I would rather have that level of excitement/intent and engagement with the fans then anything else we had with Roland. 

He is not going to sell Taylor for 3/4m - 7/8 could be another story but nobody is going to offer that. 

He knows Taylor is an asset 
    I think £4m-£5m and he goes... I expect Brentford will have done that.
    Said this earlier. I HATE this window 
  • Did we really want a celebrity chairman?  I wish he'd pipe down and just get on with it.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Has it?
    If you click on them it says failed to load tweet
    Dont think that means its been deleted else you surely wont be able to see the message at all

Unless he has blocked us all if u see that message it's fair to say the tweet has been deleted 
  • Not too sure if it has been posted already but, Matt has deleted his Lyle Taylor tweet from earlier (The 3m would not get his left boot tweet)
    This is gold.  :smiley:
  • Still 11/8 with skybet
  • Sponsored links:

• It's still showing if you go to his profile and click 'Tweets and Replies'. Maybe someone deleted the top comment in the thread? Who knows. But it's there.  
  •  No more Ackworth quoting / talk please, ta
    And all this b@llocks of whether  southall has or hasn't deleted a tweet.
  • Chunes said:
    It's still showing if you go to his profile and click 'Tweets and Replies'. Maybe someone deleted the top comment in the thread? Who knows. But it's there.  
    Nope Cawley's was top comment in the thread, then Neil Stevens, finally Southall's.
  • Remember prepare to be disappointed.

"We were soooooo close to 4  mega signings"
  • I am gonna go with ...."it will all be ok, we will be all happy this time tomorrow"
  • wmcf123 said:
    Did we really want a celebrity chairman?  I wish he'd pipe down and just get on with it.
    Dear oh Dear.
  • I have a few copies of this for a number of you... 
    Mate I've supported this club all my life, I don't need a book to tell me how to wet the bed
  • I have a few copies of this for a number of you... 
    WTF!!!... thats an actual book!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Not too sure if it has been posted already but, Matt has deleted his Lyle Taylor tweet from earlier (The 3m would not get his left boot tweet)
    I did wonder if it might be the 'chairman's vote of confidence' but everyone deserves to be taken at their word once at least dependent on how reliable that 'word' proves to be.
  • I hope for his future credibility as Charlton's CEO that there are at least two signings of some value after those tweets this morning and all that has been said since the takeover. 
    So you dont think that things can go wrong with transfers for them to be cancelled?

Of course Southall should be careful with what he tweets yet at the same time people should always take anything said in Football with a large pinch of salt
  • Seriously, do people not learn to just be patient. Have a moan up at 11.01pm
    Just because it's past 11pm doesn’t mean deals haven't been done and will be revealed soon. 
    Thought I'd get that one in early. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    seth plum said:
    My keyboard has a whole host of buttons I have never ever pressed. I can honestly say I have never hit the F5 button on any keyboard I have ever sat in front of.
        I think they said smashed; have you ever smashed it?
    Alright there Richard Keys!
    Get the name right @PaddyP17  - Keysy is known as Gibbon Mitts these days
  • I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

Still time - but McGeady and Bostock...... we need to do so much more.
    How many more players do you feel we need? In addition to McGeady only as not seen Bostock announced?
    Roland would have been castigated for this window.

I think we are looking at the right positions (couple midfielders and a striker is what I want).

numbers are fine - it’s the quality that isn’t.

JCH would be someone who would be good but only if Taylor stays 
    Not if hed been in charge of the club for 3 weeks he wouldn't.