Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Only 9 hours to go ..... in the meantime we still await our Super Dupa signing. And the Marquee signing. And one loan.

• MS has gone awfully quiet.
    He's at lunch 

;) 
  • edited January 2020

Jamie19 said:
    I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

Still time - but McGeady and Bostock...... we need to do so much more.
    Two solid championship signings, Bostock changed the game around for Forrest at the Valley.
    add Clarke Harris and one more, plus keep Taylor and I’ll be over the moon with that.
    Bostock has played three games for Forest.

McGeady hasn’t played since November.

Can anyone say we would have adequately replaced Gallagher with these two?

Taylor staying would be more significant than either.

Bostock - has played 5 times, caused us some problems with our strongest side out. 2 assists, 1 in the Championship & 1 in the Carabao cup. He has quality but hasn't really ever stepped up. Maybe under Bowyer he can.

McGeady - November wasn't that long ago. Not too concerned. His attitude however...

Gallagher was a lucky strike I don't think anyone including Bowyer and Gallen expected him to be quite so good. To replace him with a proven player would cost at least £5m.

Taylor staying will be the most significant move ESI can make.

• Surprised we're going for Bostock, if true. Undoubted talent, but been unable to settle anywhere. Still, it's all about staying up and he's another creative player.

Only seem to be linked to forward players at the moment. Thought it was the defence that needed help.

Saw Bostock at The Valley in a Charlton v Spurs youth game once and he looked pretty special. He's a flair player but has hardly played any football this season. Not exactly bargain basement shopping, but it's an odd choice.
  • Jamie19 said:
    I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

Still time - but McGeady and Bostock...... we need to do so much more.
    Two solid championship signings, Bostock changed the game around for Forrest at the Valley.
    add Clarke Harris and one more, plus keep Taylor and I’ll be over the moon with that.
    Bostock has played three games for Forest.

McGeady hasn’t played since November.

Can anyone say we would have adequately replaced Gallagher with these two?

Taylor staying would be more significant than either.
    No not really but to be honest we probably got lucky with Gallagher. He'd never played a senior game and little was expected of him. Very quickly he became one of, if not the best player in our team. 

If what is known about him now was known back at the start of August he wouldn't have been coming on loan to a side just promoted from league one who were expected to struggle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bournemouth could be desperately scratching around for a forward in the next few hours if man utd come in for Josh King again!

:-(
  • cabbles said:
    Not transfer related, but thought I’d just give you an insight into the pit of misery that my dad’s mate lives in when it comes to all things CAFC

This is just what I want to see in the run up to the deadline to lift my spirits 
    No offence to your dad’s mate but surely it’s tiring living your life like that?
    Mate, he's an absolute nause.  Relentless at games, sits next to me, whinging, moaning, complaining.  You just don't need it 
  • iamdan said:
    As it’s rumour day - briefly heard we are under an embargo. 
    Something to do with a sponsor putting in money in an incorrect way. 

Just what I heard..  
    Am certain this'd have been picked up by now.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    iamdan said:

Just what I heard..  
    Probably mate. 
  • cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Not transfer related, but thought I’d just give you an insight into the pit of misery that my dad’s mate lives in when it comes to all things CAFC

This is just what I want to see in the run up to the deadline to lift my spirits 
    No offence to your dad’s mate but surely it’s tiring living your life like that?
    Mate, he's an absolute nause.  Relentless at games, sits next to me, whinging, moaning, complaining.  You just don't need it 

is you dad's mate Golfie ;-))
  • Dazzler21 said:
    iamdan said:

Just what I heard..  

Yep, not the kind of thing that’s kept quiet tbf. 
  • Ferryman said:
    With AMB out maybe another GK?
    Ben Amos maybe? ;)
    I know but fitness unproven, makes Harness the No.3
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    You can see Brizzle Rovers fans are just as cynical as we are:

"You can see this all going through at 11pm- Taylor suddenly leaves so Charlton spend big on JCH and we get Wilberforce Ocran or whoever in return on loan.

Blimey, they've heard of Wilberforce Ocran ......?????? :smile:

Someone's been playing Football Manager
  • cabbles said:

Is your dads mate called Golfie?
    Not me. I'm not on Twitter, Instagram or Snapnumpty.
  • https://the72.co.uk/156216/charlton-athletic-make-major-breakthrough-in-pursuit-of-nottingham-forest-loan-man-bostock/

bloody hell, he's been around a bit but settles nowhere, doesn't fill me with much hope ..

• https://the72.co.uk/156216/charlton-athletic-make-major-breakthrough-in-pursuit-of-nottingham-forest-loan-man-bostock/

bloody hell, he's been around a bit but settles nowhere, doesn't fill me with much hope ..

Lyle Taylor has played for roughly the same amount of clubs. 
    He didn't turn out too bad.
  • edited January 2020

https://the72.co.uk/156216/charlton-athletic-make-major-breakthrough-in-pursuit-of-nottingham-forest-loan-man-bostock/

Think it's just a stop-gap until the end of the season, but he does possess quality and easily good enough for us on his day.
  • Ferryman said:
    Ferryman said:
    With AMB out maybe another GK?
    Ben Amos maybe? ;)
    I know but fitness unproven, makes Harness the No.3
    AMB can be recalled at any time. 

He's played 98 minutes this season and 26 minutes of those were at The Valley. 26.53% of his minutes were on the hallowed turf. Safe to say we are all experts on him and he's going to be brilliant. 
  • No movement on Jonson Clarke-Harris. Trained as normal at #BristolRovers today and club says no official bids for him. At present, Kyle Bennett is also staying.- BBC journalist