Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• He's incredibly cringey.
    Super duper cringey....
  • As long as he walks the walk, I'm enjoying his twitter. Can't see him being naieve enough to let this come back and bite him in the arse either
  • Love this guy, keep the chat coming MS

agreed - nothing wrong with a bit of razzamatzz - why not 
  • I don’t mind the chairman tweeting and engaging, I would prefer it if he had something worthwhile to tweet about. 
  • se9addick said:
    This geezer loves the sound of his own Twitter. 

Let’s just focus on getting some decent signings across the line. 
    Love it Mr Chairman. Keep it coming.
    Agree, Jesus Christ people have short memories. Let's get the owner back that didn't give a shit. :s Nice one, Mr chairman. :) Lovin' Mr Southall.
  • It’s his first transfer window and this is a dream job for him. He’s more active in social media than I will ever be and that can create a buzz but it can also go sour very quickly because in the end it’s the results and actions that matter bit the number of immediate likes.

Must be worth thinking about what impact your ‘immediate’ comments may have. Here’s a short made up list:

1) not every deal you go for will come off, quite often not your fault. Yes you will be on the phone all day with maybe 6 different options but don’t mistakenly imply that this means you are looking to bring in 6 people.

going again,  again and again is viewed as a guarantee we will sign 3 players today. 

‘Wired for this and the phones will be going all day, looking to get a few, the best we can Over the line today’ is a bit less prone to screwing up. 

Still maybe that’s why I’m not a CEO 😂 
    The fans who don't find it cringey will enjoy his engagement on social media.

The fans who do find it cringey can just ignore it. 

So crack on Matt. 
    Just gave you a promote for that mate, have a good weekend
  • tgarrat1 said:
    He's incredibly cringey.
    Miserable git 
    Name-caller!
  • Sponsored links:

The fans who don't find it cringey will enjoy his engagement on social media.

The fans who do find it cringey can just ignore it. 

So crack on Matt. 
    Just gave you a promote for that mate, have a good weekend
    If you are giving them out cheaply, can I have one?
  • se9addick said:
    This geezer loves the sound of his own Twitter. 

Let’s just focus on getting some decent signings across the line. 
    Love it Mr Chairman. Keep it coming.

Bet a few said that bent over a desk under the old regime.
  • I'm just waiting for Matt to do the 'arry type interview out of the car window!
  • DOUCHER said:
    i can feel another signing announcement is imminent - there's an african drum and dance type group been approaching the pool area for about half hour now - its getting closer and closer and i reckon when it arrives at the pool, its gonna coincide with it  
    Butlins has got a bit more diverse.
    It's the Ladysmith Black Mambazo weekender at Bognor 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i can feel another signing announcement is imminent - there's an african drum and dance type group been approaching the pool area for about half hour now - its getting closer and closer and i reckon when it arrives at the pool, its gonna coincide with it  
    Or that Peckham had opened one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Or that Peckham had opened one. 
    funny enough i've only seen 2 football shirts here - one was millwall at the airport and the other was charlton - on the beach but at the time i was scrambling about trying to find my sunglasses that i'd left somewhere near the sea so didn't say hello - its an omen although i'm not sure what it means 
  • sam3110 said:
    Why do they refer to themselves as Salop? Always makes me think of the French word salope which is "bitch" 
    long path from Latin to old English
    Anglo Norman changed the Old English for Shrewsbury to Salopesberia - old boys from Shrewsbury School are Old Salopians.
  • With AMB out maybe another GK?
  • Ferryman said:
    With AMB out maybe another GK?
    Ben Amos maybe? ;)
  • edited January 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    Love this guy, keep the chat coming MS

agreed - nothing wrong with a bit of razzamatzz - why not 
    Thought you were on holiday... I agree though, If you find Southall's tweets cringey why not ignore them?

Dazzler21 said:
    I can't see any posts following Paulie's chart. 

I also can't see that we've signed anyone else yet... Still I'm currently only on page 297.

Hello future me, when you catch up to this post.
    Image result for oh hi gif
  • ButtleJR said:
    Wonder if his Palace season ticket holder Dad will come and cheer him on at the Valley?
  • Would Bostock add much? 
  • Don't know huge amounts about bostock but more options and cover is always good