Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• With noon passing and no additional striker yet signed who would be eligible to play tomorrow, should we be starting to feel more comfortable that Taylor is not going out this window? They couldn’t now could they?!!
  • cafc_se7 said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    4 weeks ago we were talking harlee dean 1.9m, alex mowatt 2m and marcus maddison 2.6m now we are talking john bostock, adam wilson and aidan mcgeady - totally underwhelming ...
    Are you some sort of scout? How is mowatt better than Bostock? How is Maddison any better than mcgeady for f**ks sake!!! 

Honestly getting so wound up by some reactions here on this website. 
    I think Mowatt is better than Bostock and Maddison better than McGeady.

Not sure what you mean by “how”.  I guess the answer to your odd question would be “I watch plenty of football and decided based on what I’ve seen”.  You must be a sensitive soul to get wound up by differing football opinions.
    Do you? Mcgeady being an international with premier league experience yet Maddison who has never played above league one? 

What I’m sick of is people knocking Bowyer and Gallens signings....they are the experts.....who they sign should be good enough for us! We all watch a lot of football! 
    Are you unaware how transfers happen ?
    Bowyer wanted Maddison so he drove to his house, Lee would have been gutted when the financial side couldn't be agreed.
    Players we bring in on the last day won't in the main be our first choices, more like 3rd or 4th. Top clubs get their 1st choice on the last day because the monies offered keep going up: Scott Parker for instance.
    Unfortunately for Cafc, Josh Parker was  5th choice when he came in last January.

Enjoy the banter on deadline day or keep away as we have an eclectic mix of personas some real and some false.
  • Is it noon yet ?

Who is it ?
    It's Tahnoon.
  • As most of our signing won't have played a competitive match for months how can the likes of McGeady play more than 15 minutes tomorrow ? That's why I was surprised we did not try to get a couple of bodies after the Fulham match, where they could have trained with the team. At least I think the same way as Lee Bowyer.
  • Sage said:

Just fuck off & sign some players (not you Sage)
  • So now we're past 12pm, is that it for players that can be included on Saturday? Or is it paperwork submitted to EFL by that time, therefore could potentially announce one later that could feature tomorrow?
  • So now we're past 12pm, is that it for players that can be included on Saturday? Or is it paperwork submitted to EFL by that time, therefore could potentially announce one later that could feature tomorrow?
    submitted to EFL by 12pm, could announce it at 6pm if we wanted
  • Sponsored links:

It's 5pm for players to play tomorrow I think...
  • Pedro45 said:
    So now we're past 12pm, is that it for players that can be included on Saturday? Or is it paperwork submitted to EFL by that time, therefore could potentially announce one later that could feature tomorrow?
    It's 5pm for players to play tomorrow I think...
    It's not. Noon is the cut off for the paperwork to be received by the EFL.

Could be announced later.
  • if anyone has signed before 12, Ollie and co have to do photos, Twitter and website update etc, would imagine that takes a while, we dont tend to tweet until on the hour or half hour on things like this, they seem to be coordinated, I.e, not at 12:26 for instance 
  • Bed feeling damp again.
  • At least no ones started on the fish puns yet. There's no plaice for them on here.
  • I really wish Paulie hadn't posted that bloody stupid grid!
    Could've had its own thread, its clogging this one up now. I guess all threads go off topic.
    TBH I thought it was on my one lol, I must have clicked the wrong one
  • Matt still waiting for gif from Eddie.
  • Bed feeling damp again.
    @paulie8290 see what you have done.

Move the razor blades.

• Just landed back in the UK to a shit ton off posts and got excited... Lay off that shit on the transfer thread! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Was hoping for another one in by now. Never mind, doesn't mean we can't get a couple at once. Having two done by now would have been good for the nerves though. Plus I'm probably going to have to get some work done at some point today so if we could wrap this up I might actually get something done.
  • No idea why i'm playing 'The Greatest Day of our lives by Take that on my wireless headphones at lunch!
  • Was hoping for another one in by now. Never mind, doesn't mean we can't get a couple at once. Having two done by now would have been good for the nerves though. Plus I'm probably going to have to get some work done at some point today so if we could wrap this up I might actually get something done.
    Wouldn't surprise me if deals are already done but revelation is being staggered throughout the day for maximum dramatic effect and feel good factor 
  • My post got deleted :-( now I know how @bertpalmer feels.
  • I really wish Paulie hadn't posted that bloody stupid grid!
    Why? It's really simple to move your finger upwards and you'll find it disappears.

(if you're on a desktop don't try the finger thing - your colleagues will look at you funny).
  • It's every fucker that replies to it
  • Now playing relight my fire... very apt, cm'on Matt get those deals over the line son!!