Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• If Bostock signs on loan does that mean we’re at our loan allowance?

If so that means permanent signing from here on in.
  • Pete O'Rourke is usually quite reliable so seems true. Cawley said on 6th Jan we were not interested in Bostock but that was before Gallagher left
  • Isaac Success
  • Isaac Success
    Would be a brilliant loan signing but think he's off to Belgium.
  • I hope Bostock was not the supa dupa phone deal
  • Not no chance, just unlikely. ;-)
  • He's incredibly cringey.
    I know, let's get Katrien back ..... and let her run the show.

• cabbles said:
    Not transfer related, but thought I’d just give you an insight into the pit of misery that my dad’s mate lives in when it comes to all things CAFC

This is just what I want to see in the run up to the deadline to lift my spirits 
    No offence to your dad’s mate but surely it’s tiring living your life like that?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    Not transfer related, but thought I’d just give you an insight into the pit of misery that my dad’s mate lives in when it comes to all things CAFC

This is just what I want to see in the run up to the deadline to lift my spirits 
    No offence to your dad’s mate but surely it’s tiring living your life like that?
    I thought it had similar reading to the Charlton Facebook group.
  • If Bristol Rovers are wanting player/s on loan from us for JCH that's gonna add time to how long that deal takes
  • Maddison to Hull City then?
    ttps://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-transfer-news-live-3796485
  • se9addick said:
    This geezer loves the sound of his own Twitter. 

Let’s just focus on getting some decent signings across the line. 
    I honestly don't think we're missing out on signing players because the Chairman is taking selfies.
    Neither do I...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Love this guy, keep the chat coming MS

agreed - nothing wrong with a bit of razzamatzz - why not 
    Thought you were on holiday... I agree though, If you find Southall's tweets cringey why not ignore them?

Dazzler21 said:
    I can't see any posts following Paulie's chart. 

I also can't see that we've signed anyone else yet... Still I'm currently only on page 297.

Hello future me, when you catch up to this post.
    Image result for oh hi gif
    i am - believe it or not, charlton life isn't my job...
  • Uboat said:
    My God, this thread. From 'ESI are clueless and penniless' to 'Best day ever!' because of a few tweets and a loan signing. The emotional stability of a 13 year old girl. 

What will the mood be when we get one or two solid players in before the window closes? 
    Ecstatic 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Love this guy, keep the chat coming MS

agreed - nothing wrong with a bit of razzamatzz - why not 
    Thought you were on holiday... I agree though, If you find Southall's tweets cringey why not ignore them?

Dazzler21 said:
    I can't see any posts following Paulie's chart. 

I also can't see that we've signed anyone else yet... Still I'm currently only on page 297.

Hello future me, when you catch up to this post.
    Image result for oh hi gif
    i am - believe it or not, charlton life isn't my job...
    No its much more important than that!!
  • I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

Still time - but McGeady and Bostock...... we need to do so much more.
    How many more players do you feel we need? In addition to McGeady only as not seen Bostock announced?
  • Jamie19 said:
    I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

Two solid championship signings, Bostock changed the game around for Forrest at the Valley.
    add Clarke Harris and one more, plus keep Taylor and I’ll be over the moon with that.
    Bostock has played three games for Forest.

McGeady hasn’t played since November.

Can anyone say we would have adequately replaced Gallagher with these two?

Taylor staying would be more significant than either.
  • MS has gone awfully quiet.
  • I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

How many more players do you feel we need? In addition to McGeady only as not seen Bostock announced?
    Roland would have been castigated for this window.

I think we are looking at the right positions (couple midfielders and a striker is what I want).

numbers are fine - it’s the quality that isn’t.

JCH would be someone who would be good but only if Taylor stays 
  • Jamie19 said:
    I was (still am) really hoping we would take a no risk approach to relegation and just completely take it out the equation by going hard at the window....

Two solid championship signings, Bostock changed the game around for Forrest at the Valley.
    add Clarke Harris and one more, plus keep Taylor and I’ll be over the moon with that.
    Bostock has played three games for Forest.

McGeady hasn’t played since November.

Can anyone say we would have adequately replaced Gallagher with these two?

Taylor staying would be more significant than either.
    I think maybe what people are saying is with us in our position and lack of spending power in comparison to other clubs, who could we have got who would've been better.
  • Taylor is the key now. He stays and things are looking much better. Him going leaves us in a precarious position.
  • Oggy Red said:
    He's incredibly cringey.
    I know, let's get Katrien back ..... and let her ruin the show.

Sorted