Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Is it a mystery? Seems pretty clear to me. We will sign a third rate attacking midfielder, a young loanee from the Premiership and an inferior replacement for Taylor if he goes.

• "It's just like under Roland"

• Nothing expected from Charlton tonight in terms of announcing deals etc.
    He might as well copy and paste that for tomorrow as well. 
  • Chunes said:
    So we're not even close on anything. Got it. 
    Not expecting anything tonight does not mean not close, we could have 3 lined up in the morning.....nah, my view has changed today! Not expecting anything tonight also means ‘or tomorrow’
  • Maybe Tahnoon rocks up tomorrow morning with some bullion and gets the "marquee" deals done
  • Southbank said:
    It really is now only about keeping Taylor. With our squad, we can cope with a normal midfield injury  attrition rate, but not without a cutting edge up front. Very simple. Southall could offer Taylor a big pay rise to stay until May, and whatever that would cost would still be worth it compared with any available alternative. Taylor would be motivated by the extra money and the knowledge he can leave in May. We would get the benefit of Taylor in the run in without a dubious longer term commitment.
    Taylor is under contract we don't have to offer him anything to stay until May. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Really busy tomorrow?.
  • Ah well, on a brighter note at least it's looking like Bowen is going West Ham and not Palace, he is quality 
  • edited January 2020
    Southbank said:
    It really is now only about keeping Taylor. With our squad, we can cope with a normal midfield injury  attrition rate, but not without a cutting edge up front. Very simple. Southall could offer Taylor a big pay rise to stay until May, and whatever that would cost would still be worth it compared with any available alternative. Taylor would be motivated by the extra money and the knowledge he can leave in May. We would get the benefit of Taylor in the run in without a dubious longer term commitment.
    Taylor is under contract we don't have to offer him anything to stay until May. 
    We have to make him want to play, and not be "injured". If I were him I would be resentful I did not get my big payday last summer. Pay him now and get him firing, it is 5 months extra  pay max, money well spent and cheaper than a new signing..
  • If there was no money then on what basis did we allegedly approach Posh for Maddison? Clearly he was never going to be let go for peanuts so what the fuck has happened?? 
  • Wasn’t expecting anything announced tonight anyway. Doesn’t mean stuff isn’t going on. Fingers crossed we do abit tomorrow cos we need it.
  • Matt Southall has just tweeted about planning for a crazy next 29 hours.  That gives me hope of a few signings
    Nope, that just means Tahnoon has got him on the carpet to give him the bollocking of a lifetime.

*ITK*  :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• If there was no money then on what basis did we allegedly approach Posh for Maddison? Clearly he was never going to be let go for peanuts so what the fuck has happened?? 
    Could be if Taylor was sold or would be sold if we got Maddison. 
  • Roland had a better transfer window this season than ESI have.
    Less than 1 mil clearly, going by Bowyer's comments. 
  • Sage said:

Looks like he’s got a kids party planned. 
    Lyle's signing on bonus...
  • PaddyP17 said:
    This. Otherwise he is a complete bellend.
  • Also, Millwall, comfortably destined for championship football again next season, have renewed more contracts and signed more players this window than us.  
  • Matt Southall certainly knows how to throw a party.