Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney declares war on Vardy...

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    it will probably end up going in Vardy's favour because she will argue it was one of her staff who did it and not her. Not sure how that would work in a court of law given it has Vardy's name all over it.

The silly thing is most people had forgotten all about it but now it's going to be back in the spotlight

That's exactly why it's being done... 
  • Options
    I may be wrong but did Coleen Rooney say it was Rebekah Vardy or Rebekah Vardys account at the time

Because if she said the latter I don't believe she will be done for defirmation of Character because she never actually said it was her just it was her account so could have been anyone who had acess to that account
  • Options
    I may be wrong but did Coleen Rooney say it was Rebekah Vardy or Rebekah Vardys account at the time

Because if she said the latter I don't believe she will be done for defirmation of Character because she never actually said it was her just it was her account so could have been anyone who had acess to that account
    Yeah your right, it was the latter... Coleen wrote: "It's... Rebecca Vardy's account"
  • Options
    Vardy will need to prove what Rooney said was untrue and has damaged her reputation.
    Rooney said Vardy was blabbing her personal stuff and I'm not sure how she proves it wasn't her.
  • Options
    Not a lawyer, but isn't the onus on the defendant to prove what they said was true, not the claimant to prove what was said was false?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Not a lawyer, but isn't the onus on the defendant to prove what they said was true, not the claimant to prove what was said was false?

The case is defamation by slander and libel.  So the claimant would have to prove reputational harm. And show that it is both libel and slander.  The libel could be the post on Instagram, but I don't know where or when the slander tool place. 

The defendant can defend their action by showing that it is true and/or showing that there is no reputational damage. 
  • Options
    Turns out it was not Rebekah Vardys account 

After a high court ruled in favour of Vardy and ordered Colleen Rooney to pay £23,000

So whose account was it?
  • Options

After a high court ruled in favour of Vardy and ordered Colleen Rooney to pay £23,000

So whose account was it?
    It was not... Rebecca Vaddy
  • Options
    edited November 2020

So whose account was it?
    It was Rebekah Vardy's account.
    But that doesn't prove RV made the posts.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rebekah-vardy-coleen-rooney-first-round-high-court-b74941.html
  • Options
    Damage is done, whatever the outcome of this ludicrous court case, people are forever going to know it was Vardy whodunnit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ffs
  • Options
    I find the entire saga disgusting, the world’s in the grips of a pandemic, masses of people meeting an early death & these repulsive females going to war over who said what on social media. Just put Wayne & Jamie in a ring, with the winner being last man standing. The victor can then have his way with the victim........................ Wayne’s bound to win 😘😘😉😉
  • Options
    I find the entire saga disgusting, the world’s in the grips of a pandemic, masses of people meeting an early death & these repulsive females going to war over who said what on social media. Just put Wayne & Jamie in a ring, with the winner being last man standing. The victor can then have his way with the victim........................ Wayne’s bound to win 😘😘😉😉
    You are so right. Basically who really gives a toss? The only winners will be the solicitors-as usual.
  • Options
    This is what happens when thick idiots come into money. Hope the both lose a fortune.
  • Options
    Vacuous self promoting z list wannabes...
  • Options
    Of course nobody should care but the whole saga created some wonderful memes and despite these people having money we can only dream of, as a famous man once said ‘ I hope you spend it on getting some lessons in grace and decorum because you have all the grace of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on"

• Options
    edited November 2020
    It seemed like an overreaction from Rooney as all she needed to do was to block her surely. Vardy was eking out a 'celebrity' career so she can have grounds to say the public accusations were damaging to her reputation.

I don't belong to facebook or instagram. Not because I can't see the benefits, but I have seen too many friends and family fall out over something trivial. It is the nature of the beast. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love it, real shame the court case doesn’t get started until Jan/Feb - was hoping it would be some lockdown 2.0 excitement in the same way Tiger King was last time around.
  • Options
    The whole saga epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern day celebrity culture 
    The pair of them are a disgrace - imagine the good they could have done with the money they have wasted.
  • Options
    Having read the 5 pages of this thread, I can only say: who gives a f**k?
  • Options
    The whole saga epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern day celebrity culture 
    The pair of them are a disgrace - imagine the good they could have done with the money they have wasted.
    This. Especially with the repercussions of covid
  • Options
    For those of us who love Richard Osman's house of games and considering the amount of detective work that Colleen Rooney did:

The smashing together of the queen of Detective books and Wayne Rooney's wife to get, Wagatha Christie is a classic.
  • Options
    I think I'd get giddy playing on that.
    Also it doesn't help the linesman or woman who is trying to look across the pitch.
    # straight lines matter 
  • Options
    Pitch designs were stopped for the start of 2017/8 season in the Premier league. 

Remember Leicester City had some fantastic ones going on.  Rules now state that only horizontal lines are acceptable and yes it does aid linesmen.
  • Options
    Apparently the Rooney's left court today with a brief smirk on their faces.

Shit is about to get real 

• Options
    I'm no fan of most footballers wives tbh as most of them like a "certain type" but every instinct in my body screams that Vardy's misses takes the biscuit. Seems to think she is some major celeb by marrying a soccer player. I read the other day that she is in to in excess of £3m in legal fees so far and that's not counting defending herself when the counter sue case hits her if she loses this one. Must be nice knowing your up her own arse misses is spanking your money away eh Jamie ? Do yourself a favour mate bin her off before your potless