Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rooney declares war on Vardy...

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    She'll be fine.

The wagatha Christ story is a selling point in itself.

She just needs to keep her trap shut for a few months, and then do a "Rebecca vardy tells all" story for a mag or save it for a loose women Christmas special etc.

"I think Coleen Rooney tried to have an affair with my hubby" is a potential headline of cash desperation.

"The Goss"...is where the money is.

Sadly, this appears to be current opinion:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/29/rebekah-vardy-can-turn-libel-trial-loss-into-a-win-say-pr-experts

Oprah Winfrey might get in on the action via a huge revealing interview.

"Rebecca, if Coleen was sitting here opposite you, what would you say?"

Rebecca then does a brief pause, looks at the camera, looks at Oprah...and it rolls to 10minites of adverts. 

• Options
    I know Rebekah Vardy is as thick as shit but seriously, how can anyone be so badly advised?

She clearly had NO IDEA that in a case like this that the lawyers get to do a “discovery” phase in which they will find a whole bunch of VERY embarrassing and incriminating information pertaining to the case.

You only had to see what the defence actually tabled in court to see she was up to her neck in it, what a bloody moron.
    The thing is Rebekah Vardy was actually very well advised. She was repeatedly begged to settle by her lawyers and by Rooney's. Vardy had actually won the first round in front of a judge and it was looking like it was going to be very difficult for Rooney to win based on that decision. Vardy could have taken an apology and/or a pay out from Rooney and they could have all moved on. Apparently Rooney's side made 4 formal attempts to settle. Instead Vardy insisted that she wanted to take it to court and 'clear her name' which essentially resulted in her torpedoing her whole reputation far worse than Rooney's post ever did. I think she just truly thought that if you destroyed all the evidence then there's nothing a court can do, because she's incredibly thick. You can advise people as much as you want, but when they're hell bent on destroying themselves eventually you just have to let them
    Fair enough, I had seen that she was advised to settle but fuck me!

She literally knew she HAD been selling stories to The Sun, so what Coleen Rooney had said was true and STILL took the case to court to argue she’d been defamed.
  • Options
    I know Rebekah Vardy is as thick as shit but seriously, how can anyone be so badly advised?

She clearly had NO IDEA that in a case like this that the lawyers get to do a “discovery” phase in which they will find a whole bunch of VERY embarrassing and incriminating information pertaining to the case.

You only had to see what the defence actually tabled in court to see she was up to her neck in it, what a bloody moron.
    The thing is Rebekah Vardy was actually very well advised. She was repeatedly begged to settle by her lawyers and by Rooney's. Vardy had actually won the first round in front of a judge and it was looking like it was going to be very difficult for Rooney to win based on that decision. Vardy could have taken an apology and/or a pay out from Rooney and they could have all moved on. Apparently Rooney's side made 4 formal attempts to settle. Instead Vardy insisted that she wanted to take it to court and 'clear her name' which essentially resulted in her torpedoing her whole reputation far worse than Rooney's post ever did. I think she just truly thought that if you destroyed all the evidence then there's nothing a court can do, because she's incredibly thick. You can advise people as much as you want, but when they're hell bent on destroying themselves eventually you just have to let them
    Great post
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Just imagine being married to this woman ??? Thick as shit, desperate for attention, no doubt she will flog a few stories but at the end of the day she will always be a liar
    It says a lot that Jamie's parents refused to go his wedding.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don't think it helped Vardy's case having John Terry as her lawyer.
  • Options
    Jamie will be desperate that Leicester continue their recovery, as he'll need the win and goal bonuses!
  • Options
    She is is in for around 3m,including her own costs,serves her right for being so stupid as to not try and settle this out of court.Bet Jamie is thrilled,cant see her having that sort of dough.
  • Options
    There were stories Vardy was paying the lawyers the equivalent of 500 quid a minute....I know these people are loaded but jeez. 

• Options
    There were stories Vardy was paying the lawyers the equivalent of 500 quid a minute....I know these people are loaded but jeez. 

No chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Hamer was actually one of her lawyers.

I thought I know he hasn't played a lot recently but was quite a change of pace....
  • Options
    Ben Hamer was actually one of her lawyers.

I thought I know he hasn't played a lot recently but was quite a change of pace....
    Should have chosen David Button instead 
  • Options
    This looks like it will be very costly for the Vardy's.

- Rooney said the leak came from Vardy's account.
    - Vardy's defence appears to be that it may have been her journalist friend who leaked it from Vardy's account, not her - Rooney didn't say it was her.
    - Vardy has made a chump of herself in court.
    - Damages wouldn't have gone anywhere near legal fees whatever happens.
    - Rooney proposed a settlement without blame to avoid a costly court case. If she wins the judge may be minded to award her costs at Vardy's expense.

What a disgusting waste of money and the court's time.

Justice served today. £1.6m. Ouch! 0nly three months money for Jamie but how embarrassing.
  • Options

- Vardy's defence appears to be that it may have been her journalist friend who leaked it from Vardy's account, not her - Rooney didn't say it was her.
    - Rooney proposed a settlement without blame to avoid a costly court case. If she wins the judge may be minded to award her costs at Vardy's expense.

Justice served today. £1.6m. Ouch! 0nly three months money for Jamie but how embarrassing.
    Probably more like 4 or 5 months after tax, plus she's got her own legal bill too.

Was such a stupid case to bring.
  • Options

Probably more like 4 or 5 months after tax, plus she's got her own legal bill too.

Was such a stupid case to bring.
    Surprised she didn't get the good law project to defend her...
  • Options
    amazing how thick some of these ‘celebrities’ are - basically paid millions to publicise what a shitty person she is - got some drama out of it I suppose 
  • Options

Lol, internet bollocks.
  • Options
    Arent Netflix going to do some drama programme depicting it?

No doubt Vardy will get a bit of her money back that way
  • Options
    Katie Price will be doing the Vardy role. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every time I see this thread near the top I have a little chuckle to myself when I remember that the way Rooney flushed out who was leaking stories was by faking a story about a (water) leak.

Just beautiful really.