Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Mills.....twat

123457»

Comments

• Mills rates Pardew as his best manager? Very strange. 

He got the absolute get sent off and return to Leeds best out of him. Great manager.
  • Enjoyed this one as well. Not surprisingly, Mills comes across as a bit of a twat. Other Under The Cosh podcast guests have told stories about the banter and the crack, the pisstaking and camaraderie of the dressing room. This seems largely absent in Mills stories, which seem to focus on him, what happened to him, his money and him again. Social media isn't being kind to him in the light of part 2. I sense he may have burnt some bridges at a number of clubs and with previous managers. I doubt he'll be bothered.
  • Dave2l said:
    Mills rates Pardew as his best manager? Very strange. 

He got the absolute get sent off and return to Leeds best out of him. Great manager.
    Man city 
  • brownbear said:
    Having watched quite a few of these now, the issue of alcohol and footballers seems to be a running theme, with as many questions and stories being about piss ups and parties, as they are about the football itself.

It strikes me as odd that so many of these players fail to address their lack of professionalism, and how they were basically taking the piss out of the fans by going and getting bladdered midweek, and then playing like shithouses on the Saturday.

The Ben Marshall one was shocking, as he has only recently retired yet he still seemed fully immersed in the drinking culture, and not in the least bothered that he didn't fulfill his obvious potential.

All a bit sad really.
    The worrying thing would be to see the size of his bank balance after his career finished.  He seemed proud of his stories.
    I know his bank balance is doing pretty well. I did a placement year a few years go whilst at Uni at a Private Equity House in Leeds - lovely people and a great company but Danny Mills was one of their investors and I guess seen as their "celebrity" name. He would come into our office regularly and I would see him at a few events but I never spoke to him. He would walk around acting like he owned the place and always looked very smug. After speaking to colleagues who had been around a bit longer he was seen as a bit of a twat. Point is, the £ he initially put in has definitely turned into ££££. 

Still begrudging the fact they paid for him (and the rest of the firm) to go to the Abu Dhabi F1 instead of me whilst I manned the phones...
  • brownbear said:
    Having watched quite a few of these now, the issue of alcohol and footballers seems to be a running theme, with as many questions and stories being about piss ups and parties, as they are about the football itself.

It strikes me as odd that so many of these players fail to address their lack of professionalism, and how they were basically taking the piss out of the fans by going and getting bladdered midweek, and then playing like shithouses on the Saturday.

The Ben Marshall one was shocking, as he has only recently retired yet he still seemed fully immersed in the drinking culture, and not in the least bothered that he didn't fulfill his obvious potential.

All a bit sad really.
    The worrying thing would be to see the size of his bank balance after his career finished.  He seemed proud of his stories.
    I know his bank balance is doing pretty well. I did a placement year a few years go whilst at Uni at a Private Equity House in Leeds - lovely people and a great company but Danny Mills was one of their investors and I guess seen as their "celebrity" name. He would come into our office regularly and I would see him at a few events but I never spoke to him. He would walk around acting like he owned the place and always looked very smug. After speaking to colleagues who had been around a bit longer he was seen as a bit of a twat. Point is, the £ he initially put in has definitely turned into ££££. 

Still begrudging the fact they paid for him (and the rest of the firm) to go to the Abu Dhabi F1 instead of me whilst I manned the phones...
    I was referring to Ben Marshall mate.
  • David dunn / jon ostenbor good for el hadji douf stories

Luke chadwick is quality not as mad as the others but seems loke a nice bloke. 
  • Agreed twat and listened to a lot of it. Very annoying 
    Didn’t day anything bad about Charlton/ play off final or Curbs in his first spell. 
    but we need to get over him. 
  • Tbf to Mills I reckon he was asked to keep away from the 'normal' booze and p*** taking stuff the other players seemed to focus on(which is very amusing).
    Mills is a big name for UndrtheCosh and I think they could have asked for the angle he went for. Money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still not my cup of tea, but a bloody good right back for us in his first spell.
  • Great signing by curbishley 
  • Mills was class whys he getting hate (apart from his smugness) 
  • 2121 said:
    Mills was class whys he getting hate (apart from his smugness) 
    He isn't getting pulled up on his performances when he signed in 98 he's getting picked apart for being a smug twat who was laughing his arse off about making Leeds fulfil a contract for 45k a week they were still paying for ahead of anyone non football related who they owed money to. 

For the record I dont give a shit about him and put him firmly into the "he's a prick who was lucky enough to be good at football" when he deliberately got himself sent off when on loan for us and said as much to @nth_london_addick at the O2
  • Plenty of twats have played well for Charlton and at important periods.

Scott Parker, Lyle Taylor...just to name a few.

Even Alan Pardew wore the shirt. He's the dancing absolute bellend twat beyond twat king.

Danny mills...more of a casual relaxed openly honest prat.
  • Carter said:
    2121 said:
    Mills was class whys he getting hate (apart from his smugness) 
    He isn't getting pulled up on his performances when he signed in 98 he's getting picked apart for being a smug twat who was laughing his arse off about making Leeds fulfil a contract for 45k a week they were still paying for ahead of anyone non football related who they owed money to. 

For the record I dont give a shit about him and put him firmly into the "he's a prick who was lucky enough to be good at football" when he deliberately got himself sent off when on loan for us and said as much to @nth_london_addick at the O2
    Sounds like u dont give a shit meight 🤪
  • Was very smug when he started with we are sitting in my gym 
  • lolwray said:
    Great signing by curbishley 
    He was and along with John Humphrey and Luke Young he is one of the best three Right Backs since I have supported the Addicks .

Having listened to the Podcasts they were entertaining and it is obvious that he didn't have much affection for us .

What I found staggering was the way he talked about Leeds . He is seen as a club legend there and the way he spoke about them was disrespectful.

For a club that has lost Jack Charlton , Trevor Cherry and Peter Lorimer this year , Mills is not fit to lace their boots .

• I am no lover of Danny Mills, and thought that overall he came across as a bit of superior knobhead, but in relation to that contract at Leeds, I am not sure that many players would walk away from that sort of money.

What was more astonishing was the fact that they gave him that kind of contract in the first place, when he would have signed for $30K a week less - he even admits that on the podcast. Especially as they could have easily sold him on, and replaced him relatively easily - full back being a relatively easy position to recruit for.

He was backed by the PFA in that resolution as well, so presumably they felt the same.