Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Mills.....twat

Comments

• Options
    Undr the Cosh is a great listen, some of the stories from the lesser known players are fantastic.

My personal favourite is the Gerry Taggart episode and his story on how Uriah Rennie allowed him to violently take out Dennis Wise but stay on the field!
    Leon Knight, total cock.
    Yeah, he was an idiot, but most of the other guests have been very funny.

Even listening to Luke Steele was very interesting, the bloke got made for life from signing with Man United as an 18 year old kid and admitted that the whole thing was absolutely mental.
    Andy Johnson was a very funny geezer.

Absolutely barking.
    I could not believe Andy Johnson was like that!

I remember him as a player and he was a real cool and classy midfielder and seemed the shy and quiet type.....nothing could be more wrong he is off his rocker!
  • Options
    Undr the Cosh is a great listen, some of the stories from the lesser known players are fantastic.

My personal favourite is the Gerry Taggart episode and his story on how Uriah Rennie allowed him to violently take out Dennis Wise but stay on the field!
    Never heard of this series until now (led a sheltered life) An hour through Gerry Taggart, brilliant will finish the rest tomorrow.
    I always liked Taggart as a player, hard as nails and could really play as well so was relieved that he is a top bloke as well.
  • Options
    He’s not a very nice human, is he?
  • Options
    Racially abused Shaun Newton too
    Hearsay or factual?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    He’s such a twat
  • Options
    Mills a twat - confirmed
  • Options
    I'd say he is a smug twat.
  • Options
    I'd say he is a smug twat.
    His laugh is so annoying
  • Options
    Always wanted to give him a pass as he and his wife lost a child and that is the worst.

However, he just never fails to disappoint. 

• Options
    Riscardo said:
    Racially abused Shaun Newton too
    Hearsay or factual?
    Not heard anything specific involving Newton but have heard it suggested by a member of the 98 play-off squad that he has form for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talks a bit about Charlton and the Play-Off Final in the Undr The Cosh podcast, includes an interesting story about Neil Heaney and Mauricio Taricco. Starts from 20:45

(1) Danny Mills Part 1 / Undr The Cosh Podcast - YouTube
    He's a smug objectionable twat for sure but he's quite the raconteur - never heard the Neil Heaney story or the 98 playoff semi-final red-card non-suspension shenanigans.
    Nowadays one player thumping another down a staircase would resolve very differently, regardless that the thumpee was lowlife scum thoroughly deserving of a larrapping.
    Mills pulled himself up quickly when he let slip the playoff final wasn't a good game for him - didn't say "I stank, played like a headless chicken and was rightly subbed".  Always prefer unapologetic joy over phoney humility but DM's the wrong side of conceited, far from unusual when the ego is so brittle.  Mills's total lack of personal quality underlined throughout the clip by his relentless sniffing - use an effing handkerchief, underclass oik. 
  • Options
    I remember going to a POTY event at the Marriot in around 98/99 season, and a couple of very senior professionals were scathing about Danny Mills - not liked at all by his fellow pro's if that opinion went through the whole group.

Thinks he comes across as a bit of a knob, who has the habit of rubbing people up the wrong way wherever he goes. At one time he was forever on FiveLive as a pundit, but you rarely here of him on there now, so he may have pissed off the Beed as well!!
  • Options
    The way he spoke about Stuart Pearce in that podcast was really out of order, Pearce is one of our greatest ever players and Mills is not fit to lace his boots in terms of ability or achievement.

He had a massive crack at Pearce for putting David James up front for the last ten minutes when City needed to beat Boro to get into Europe and was scathing about the decision.

What he failed to mention was that City won that late penalty AFTER James came on as a striker - but Fowler missed the penalty.

If Fowler had scored and put City in Europe - like he should have - then it would have looked like a great decision by Pearce, albeit a quite bizarre one.

Instead Mills twisted the story to make it look like the decision was to blame for them missing out even though the only striker Pearce had on the bench was Jon Macken - whose strike rate of seven goals in three years at the club did not inspire great confidence.
  • Options
    Listened to a few of these podcasts. 

A fair number of the players seemed to have a thing for pranks involving human shit. 

Wonder if it's still all the rage with current players? 

• Options
    Simonsen said:

A fair number of the players seemed to have a thing for pranks involving human shit. 

Kevin Nicholls, one of our own was a keen scatologist chasing people around with a handful of his own shit 
  • Options

Leon Knight, total cock.
    That and Rowan Vine are easily the worst, every other one has been excellent
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Leon Knight, total cock.
    Andy Woodman a few weeks back was particularly good.  A very funny fella.

Vine came across as a vile individual.
  • Options
    Enjoyed watching that. 

I love Undr the Cosh. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Jesus......that’s pretty weird if you ask me.
    Anyway......I would have thought that Covid-19 will have put paid to anything of that nature.....thankfully!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

And people think rugby is full of wrong 'uns (me included!).......
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Anyway......I would have thought that Covid-19 will have put paid to anything of that nature.....thankfully!
    Didn't a Millwall coach also involved in the England set up get sacked when the manager came into the changing room and the guy was showing the players he could shit into a cup from on top of a cupboard
  • Options
    Under cosh is wicked. Some great stories on jerome thomas nicky weaver one i think. 
    Agreed the andy johnson one is great, paddynkenny, duberry, marc birch, the old palace keeper.

mills and Michael grey very smug
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Simonsen said:

Didn't a Millwall coach also involved in the England set up get sacked when the manager came into the changing room and the guy was showing the players he could shit into a cup from on top of a cupboard
    Steve Harrison.
  • Options

Leon Knight, total cock.
    Just out of interest, what did Leon Knight and Rowan Vine say to make people think they’re dickheads?
  • Options
    Knight isnt great but its different and its funny in other ways. Just the presenters egging him on... oooh really leon? Ooh thats great leon.. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Under cosh is wicked. Some great stories on jerome thomas nicky weaver one i think. 
    Agreed the andy johnson one is great, paddynkenny, duberry, marc birch, the old palace keeper.

mills and Michael grey very smug
    The Gerry Taggert one comes recommended by me! Some very good stories!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:

And people think rugby is full of wrong 'uns (me included!).......
    Are you that bad?
  • Options
    The way he spoke about Stuart Pearce in that podcast was really out of order, Pearce is one of our greatest ever players and Mills is not fit to lace his boots in terms of ability or achievement.

He had a massive crack at Pearce for putting David James up front for the last ten minutes when City needed to beat Boro to get into Europe and was scathing about the decision.

What he failed to mention was that City won that late penalty AFTER James came on as a striker - but Fowler missed the penalty.

If Fowler had scored and put City in Europe - like he should have - then it would have looked like a great decision by Pearce, albeit a quite bizarre one.

Instead Mills twisted the story to make it look like the decision was to blame for them missing out even though the only striker Pearce had on the bench was Jon Macken - whose strike rate of seven goals in three years at the club did not inspire great confidence.
    To be fair, putting a goalkeeper up front is absolutely mental 
  • Options

Leon Knight, total cock.
    Just out of interest, what did Leon Knight and Rowan Vine say to make people think they’re dickheads?
    Just watched the Rowan Vine one based on the earlier comments here - quite warmed to him if I'm honest. I wouldn't go for a beer with him (nor him me probably) and I have no doubt he was in the "difficult to manage" camp, but he played the game and the system as much as it played him.