Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Mills.....twat

Comments

• Options
    2121 said:
    Under cosh is wicked. Some great stories on jerome thomas nicky weaver one i think. 
    Agreed the andy johnson one is great, paddynkenny, duberry, marc birch, the old palace keeper.

mills and Michael grey very smug
    The Gerry Taggert one comes recommended by me! Some very good stories!
    Ill give taggett a go. Duberry and birch are my favourites... altho i try to do a few who played together in batches... so those managed by warnock ie birch and kenny are great. 

Kevin campbell also decent 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Kap10 said:
    Simonsen said:
    Listened to a few of these podcasts. 

A fair number of the players seemed to have a thing for pranks involving human shit. 

Wonder if it's still all the rage with current players? 

Jesus......that’s pretty weird if you ask me.
    Anyway......I would have thought that Covid-19 will have put paid to anything of that nature.....thankfully!
    Didn't a Millwall coach also involved in the England set up get sacked when the manager came into the changing room and the guy was showing the players he could shit into a cup from on top of a cupboard
    Steve Harrison.
    Ex Charlton player as well. 
  • Options
    Undr the Cosh is a great listen, some of the stories from the lesser known players are fantastic.

My personal favourite is the Gerry Taggart episode and his story on how Uriah Rennie allowed him to violently take out Dennis Wise but stay on the field!
    Leon Knight, total cock.
    That and Rowan Vine are easily the worst, every other one has been excellent
    Just out of interest, what did Leon Knight and Rowan Vine say to make people think they’re dickheads?
    Just tune in to the Knight one.  You'll very quickly see why.
  • Options
    Where do I find these programs......are they off the TV?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    cafcfan said:
    Kap10 said:
    Simonsen said:
    Listened to a few of these podcasts. 

A fair number of the players seemed to have a thing for pranks involving human shit. 

Wonder if it's still all the rage with current players? 

Jesus......that’s pretty weird if you ask me.
    Anyway......I would have thought that Covid-19 will have put paid to anything of that nature.....thankfully!
    Didn't a Millwall coach also involved in the England set up get sacked when the manager came into the changing room and the guy was showing the players he could shit into a cup from on top of a cupboard
    Steve Harrison.
    Ex Charlton player as well. 
    Yes that’s right.......I thought he was.
  • Options
    I found them on Youtube. This link will take you to the start page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcCA2edOw1klhLHN4edDZWA
  • Options
    Best football podcast going as no holes bared. 
  • Options
    Go on Youtube, then Undrthecosh mate.
  • Options
    Si Ferry is as funny as he is poorly dressed, a bit like @ricky_otto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Undr the Cosh is a great listen, some of the stories from the lesser known players are fantastic.

My personal favourite is the Gerry Taggart episode and his story on how Uriah Rennie allowed him to violently take out Dennis Wise but stay on the field!
    Leon Knight, total cock.
    Just out of interest, what did Leon Knight and Rowan Vine say to make people think they’re dickheads?
    Do I have to? Can’t you just tell me?
    😎
  • Options

Leon Knight, total cock.
    Do I have to? Can’t you just tell me?
    😎

NO!
  • Options

Leon Knight, total cock.
    Just watched the Rowan Vine one based on the earlier comments here - quite warmed to him if I'm honest. I wouldn't go for a beer with him (nor him me probably) and I have no doubt he was in the "difficult to manage" camp, but he played the game and the system as much as it played him.
    I've now watched Leon Knight as well, and can confirm that he is actually a dickhead...
  • Options
    Have to stop now....

Just listed to Mark Crossley episode. Great stories about Clough. Also great to hear a genuine Yorkshire dialect in full flow.. 
  • Options
    Watched the Rowan Vine and Leon Knight ones. Neither come across as particularly nice blokes but found Vine to be particularly unpleasant.
  • Options
    U guys have picked the worst ones! Try bircham or dubbery
  • Options
    Listen to them on a podcast app is my advice rather than watch them, its very distracting the back of Jon Parkins head and wondering when the zip on his hoodie is going to snap

There are some crackers and some more deep insightful ones like Clarke Carlisles one or some out and out mayhem like Mark Birchams 

I find with podcasts its best not to pick and choose, go by the show and follow that rather than the guest. Distraction Pieces is a great example of that, some of the guests have taken me off into some fun rabbit holes whilst the more well known people he has on can sometimes be a bit tired or rushed. 

• Options
    2121 said:
    U guys have picked the worst ones! Try bircham or dubbery

Bircham and curfew, a classic one.
  • Options

Leon Knight, total cock.
    I got the impression Vine was bullshitting a lot (they all do) but his continuous boasting, overly macho demeanor, and unwarranted arrogance was getting on my nerves.
    That and the accent, it's so manufactured. Why do so many from the home counties have this comical cockney thing going on?
  • Options
    Glen Little’s podcast is very good. Great storyteller and seems a diamond bloke 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved the Ronnie Moore edition despite the fact it was mainly about his managerial career and we didn't get mentioned. 
  • Options
    93Addick said:
    Glen Little’s podcast is very good. Great storyteller and seems a diamond bloke 
    The Glenn Little one was class, always liked Glenn Little and the fact he has the exact nickname I hoped he did made me happy 
  • Options
    Iain Hume was a really good one
  • Options
    Part 2 up now, comes across as a bigger twat in this one.
  • Options
    Mills rates Pardew as his best manager? Very strange. 
  • Options
    "I'm not going anywhere, I love Leeds".

Hmmmmmm
  • Options
    Having watched quite a few of these now, the issue of alcohol and footballers seems to be a running theme, with as many questions and stories being about piss ups and parties, as they are about the football itself.

It strikes me as odd that so many of these players fail to address their lack of professionalism, and how they were basically taking the piss out of the fans by going and getting bladdered midweek, and then playing like shithouses on the Saturday.

The Ben Marshall one was shocking, as he has only recently retired yet he still seemed fully immersed in the drinking culture, and not in the least bothered that he didn't fulfill his obvious potential.

All a bit sad really.
  • Options
    To save people the trouble of listening to over an hour of audio I think Danny Mills can be summed up best by the following story.

Leeds were desperate to offload him post relegation as he was on 65K per week with four years left on his deal and Man City were in for him on a free transfer.

Kevin Keegan tells Mills that they can't match 65K but can pay him about 50K per week on a four year deal.

Now, at that point, most normal humans would take the deal at City and just leave Leeds - not our Danny.

Danny goes back to Leeds - who are teetering on the edge of extinction - and insists that they pay him the balance of his contract as in 15K per week for the remaining four years of the deal or he will take legal action against the club that will probably put them out of business.

Leeds had no choice but to agree but asked if they could pay it over three - it later turned out to be five years.

What an absolute arsehole.

You wouldn't mind if he had no contract in place but the bloke had four years at 50K per week - over 2.5 million per year! - at Man City already lined up.

He then goes on to recount with great glee that at one stage he was being paid by four clubs Leeds (for the balance of his contract), his actual club Man City, Charlton (whilst on loan) and Hull City for money owed from a previous loan deal.

Worth bearing in mind that three of those four clubs were in financial dire straits whilst paying him - Leeds, Charlton and Hull.

I know that footballers have to look after themselves financially and I don't have much sympathy for Leeds as they made their own bed but it is an absolute piss take to do that when you are actually already financially in the top 0.1% of the country.
    In all this as well, his constant 'fake' laughing was rather annoying.  The UndrtheCosh guys didn't seem too impressed with him either.
  • Options
    brownbear said:
    Having watched quite a few of these now, the issue of alcohol and footballers seems to be a running theme, with as many questions and stories being about piss ups and parties, as they are about the football itself.

It strikes me as odd that so many of these players fail to address their lack of professionalism, and how they were basically taking the piss out of the fans by going and getting bladdered midweek, and then playing like shithouses on the Saturday.

The Ben Marshall one was shocking, as he has only recently retired yet he still seemed fully immersed in the drinking culture, and not in the least bothered that he didn't fulfill his obvious potential.

All a bit sad really.
    The worrying thing would be to see the size of his bank balance after his career finished.  He seemed proud of his stories.