Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Mills.....twat

Comments

• Options
    EastStand said:
    He had to work over Christmas. So do most in retail, bar/restaurants and public services and they get paid a fraction of what he got paid. In short, f**k off Mills.

Exactly. A lot of people would preferably like to spend time with their family around Christmas.

NHS staff especially have limited choices in regards to that.

"Football owes me something"

That's what he said.

I think he's just a complete wanker.

• Options
    From an interview re his finances in November 2017.  He doesn't do empathy does he?  Reckon he could be good mates with Roland.

When did you realise that you could make a living playing football?

It was probably when I moved to Leeds United in 1999 as I suddenly had some surplus income. Before that I was at Charlton Athletic and every penny I earned went on my mortgage and bills. At the time there was a ceiling on footballers’ wages of about £10,000 a week.

This income was pretty unobtainable unless you were one of the top players such as John Barnes and Alan Shearer, but my wage at Leeds United did make me realise that I could make some money by playing football.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/what-footballers-buy/danny-mills-interview/

• Options
    He’s a prick but I can’t really argue with him there. 

Being a footballer is a great job for the majority but they do make sacrifices, and there are negatives. 

Dont agree that Bale is in the same position, he’s early a lot more money than Mills so can afford to take a pay cut to play. And no doubt clubs will still be offering a lucrative package. 
    A privileged well paid footballer talking about sacrifices is laughable and insulting to a lot of people. 
    He was well paid but so is someone earning 50k compared to someone stacking shelves. Would that person accept an 80% pay cut around a decade into their career? I highly doubt it. 

The sacrifice bit is questionable but there’s truth in it. Admittedly I wouldn’t be talking about it publicly though for the reason you outlined. 

My point was that if he had any sense he wouldn't go on national radio and talk about the sacrifices he'd made whilst being a privileged and highly paid footballer. Was he expecting sympathy?
    He should perhaps look at the sacrifices people make in jobs outside of his bubble. Another deluded individual....
    Ah yeah I do completely agree with that. 
  • Options
    I never realised he’d had it so tough. Makes you think doesn’t it? Poor bastard.
  • Options
    I nearly spat my tea out when I saw the title of the thread.......May I add

Entitled Twat........

Did make me laugh though
  • Options
    A 100% knob
  • Options
    "So Gareth Bales in that situation now"

Is my favourite bit.

Yes because Gareth bale...got told by Sven that he's a 4th choice right back....so, he should go out on loan.

• Options
    Bale only made it after Harry got an op done so his ears didn’t stick out so much. Funny, but true. He ran faster without the wind resistance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember asking him to sign my son’s shirt about 20 years ago at villa. He just blanked me looked straight through me ,class act
  • Options
    He was a massive component of Curbishley's heroes .. soooo, he might, like a lot of folk, be a self serving mouthy dickhead, BUT I still have a lot of time for him 
  • Options
    any player that trains it down from up north isn't really committed, could you imagine someone signing for city now and going na i wont bother coming up ill just stay in London 

from what i heard; 

he was on a 4 year contract at city - but he wouldn't get a game - not ideal for a pro footballer

charlton offered him 20% of his deal at city but he would play regularly- and he refused because he wouldn't take a 80% pay cut just to play regular football 

i agree some of the wages in football are ridiculous some of the free agents floating about have been on huge money and dont seem to grasp that 10% of that is better than nothing.
  • Options
    I don't think the country has ever thanked Bobby Charlton properly for giving up a Wakes Week trip to Scarborough when he was forced to play in the '66 final
  • Options
    any player that trains it down from up north isn't really committed, could you imagine someone signing for city now and going na i wont bother coming up ill just stay in London 

from what i heard; 

he was on a 4 year contract at city - but he wouldn't get a game - not ideal for a pro footballer

charlton offered him 20% of his deal at city but he would play regularly- and he refused because he wouldn't take a 80% pay cut just to play regular football 

i agree some of the wages in football are ridiculous some of the free agents floating about have been on huge money and dont seem to grasp that 10% of that is better than nothing.

Whilst i certainly won't argue that Mills is a twat, i can't really disagree with him on that point. Why should he take an 80% pay cut? That's a huge amount. 

If i recall correctly, he actually ended up seeing out his full 5 year City contract. Fucker squeezed every last penny out of them.
  • Options
    He did commentary/punditry on matches here for a while, I think he's started doing there now. He's always come across as a bellend. To be fair, he also came across as a bellend while playing. 
  • Options

from what i heard; 

What you heard or exactly what Mills said? 
  • Options
    As has been said; perfect bobbins for Talksport. They’ve got a lot of air to fill. 
  • Options
    The thread title would be a good name for his auto-biography. 
  • Options

from what i heard; 

He heard it when Mills said it on Talksport :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the guy is a tosser 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Some of the life experiences he talks about are Dickensian, a dystopic nightmare, i am shaking with outrage over what he has been through... and he lived in Leeds!

Fook!
  • Options
    edited July 2019

from what i heard; 

heard as it is a radio show, so yes exactly what he said....... now we've cleared that up sherlock 
  • Options
    He thinks he's quite bright and insightful which gets my goat!
  • Options
    I quite liked him as a player and think he comes across quite well as a pundit. 

Seems like I'm the only one though. 
  • Options
    His son Archie died of Spina Bifida in 2002 and he has done a lot of work for that and other charities since then
  • Options
    Loved the game when he pretty much finished an ageing Julian Dicks career.
  • Options
    I quite liked him as a player and think he comes across quite well as a pundit. 

Seems like I'm the only one though. 
    I like him too. 

• Options
    I thought Mills was a great player for us, I had his name/number on my 98/99 home top.

A shame he f***** off once we got relegated after we pulled him from Norwich reserves in March '98.

Cock.
  • Options
    I thought Mills was a great player for us, I had his name/number on my 98/99 home top.

A shame he f***** off once we got relegated after we pulled him from Norwich reserves in March '98.

Cock.

I never understood why Norwich were so keen to get rid of him. He seems like a top bloke.