Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Oshilaja - gone to Burton Albion (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Anfernee isn't a Championship level defensive midfielder in my view, not even sure he's a full back of the desired grade, at least not so far. Hope I'm wrong..
  • Options
    Does this signing basically mean we have no room for Cullen, even if we wanted him?
  • Options
    Does this signing basically mean we have no room for Cullen, even if we wanted him?
    No, Oshilaja coming in means we now have 4 centre backs.

I don’t see Dijksteel moving into midfield either.

No doubt Bowyer still wants 2 or 3 midfielders and 1 or 2 strikers.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    No, Oshilaja coming in means we now have 4 centre backs.

I don’t see Dijksteel moving into midfield either.

No doubt Bowyer still wants 2 or 3 midfielders and 1 or 2 strikers.
    *4 midfielders, 2 strikers.

Not to say we will get all 6 more but that’s the ideal.
  • Options
    Good to see we are building a proper promotion squad ......

if only we were in League One 
    I somewhat agree. Maybe this is forward planning.
    Just to remind you: there is promotion from The Championship too. With Bowyer at the helm, we could be in for another ride like that of Lennie.
  • Options
    I think it's OK. He's quite a small fella. He'd probably fit in the middle of someone's back seat for away games.
  • Options
    Or a laundry basket?
  • Options
    Oh FFS....
  • Options
    We're just unlucky though, right?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If this means we bring in an extra body then can't say I'm too disappointed. Don't really rate him tbh. 
  • Options
    Here we go, in terms of picking up numerous injuries already.

Gilbey, Pearce, Oshilaja out and all 3 are first team players for us. 2 injured mid/long term from training. 

Agree with Talal in that Deji is so hit and miss that if we can improve in that area, that will be handy with him returning as cover. There must have been a reason he was captain at his old club, AFC and released too, I think we get to see why in games. 
  • Options
    Any one got Les Berry's number for Saturday ?
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Gilbey, Pearce, Oshilaja out and all 3 are first team players for us. 2 injured mid/long term from training. 

Agree with Talal in that Deji is so hit and miss that if we can improve in that area, that will be handy with him returning as cover. There must have been a reason he was captain at his old club, AFC and released too, I think we get to see why in games. 
    Released or was out of contract?
  • Options
    Pratley centre half for next week then. I'm ok with that but it surely means we will bring in another CB this week.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Released or was out of contract?
    He was well regarded at Wimbledon, I think I remember reading.

Out of contract at Wimbledon, Free Agent. Deji rejected another contract at Wimbledon because he wanted to play Championship football, I believe.

Hadn't he not also been on trial at Luton last year before signing for us?
  • Options
    Pratley centre half for next week then. I'm ok with that but it surely means we will bring in another CB this week.
    Bow said today in the SLP article that CB was a priority because of Deji's injury.

• Options
    What on earth do they get up to in training?

Injuries happen so often it can't all be bad luck. Or is it?
  • Options
    What on earth do they get up to in training?

Injuries happen so often it can't all be bad luck. Or is it?
    Bowyer said that they play the same in training as they do in a competitive match.
    If what he said is true, it could be the root cause.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No such thing as luck. Everything happens as a result of something else. 

The players are breaking down and it could be anything from:
    1. Not enough recovery between training sessions
    2. Nutrition is wrong
    3. Training sessions are too intense. 
    4. Post training stretches and upkeep routines are not being maintained
    5. Freak injury 

Personally think it's likely a mix of all the first 4. If your training is too intense and you don't have the correct nutrition & recovery you increase the likelihood of injuries.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't suppose for a minute that Roland's penny pinching left the medical department with sufficient funding and resources, which probably doesn't help either
  • Options
    MattF said:
    I don't suppose for a minute that Roland's penny pinching left the medical department with sufficient funding and resources, which probably doesn't help either
    I don't think he can be blamed for players getting injured now. Oshilaja and Gilbey have come to the Valley with historical injuries. The players need to ensuring their recovery is managed to ensure they don't breakdown. A medical team can only advise and assist so much.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not the worst stroke of luck really tho is it?
    Erratic player of limited usefulness now unavailable.  Charlie Barker to his more familiar central role, alongside Pratley and Gunter, will be a much more reassuring defensive line than anything with DO starting.
    The fact that Purrington's spell in the middle of the backline was far less troubling than anytime DO has played there tells me all I need to know.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Not the worst stroke of luck really tho is it?

Erratic player of limited usefulness now unavailable.  Charlie Barker to his more familiar central role, alongside Pratley and Gunter, will be a much more reassuring defensive line than anything with DO starting.

The fact that Purrington's spell in the middle of the backline was far less troubling than anytime DO has played there tells me all I need to know.
    You already forgot Famewo .....  I'm quite impressed with his composed, solid start.
    It'll be him and Prats at CB on Saturday. Barker will be cover on the bench - unless a new CB joins this week.

Bowyer will know it's best not to overplay raw inexperienced youngsters.

• Options
    Shane for Deji that he’s picked up an injury, how longs he out for?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    There's no time frame put on it yet, so assume weeks
  • Options
    MattF said:
    There's no time frame put on it yet, so assume week
    Given the wording I'm going to assume 2-4 weeks.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MattF said:
    There's no time frame put on it yet, so assume week
    Given the wording I'm going to assume 2-4 weeks.
    Guess so, my post meant to say weeks. Assuming the worst and anything shorter will be a nice surprise 
  • Options
    Think we need to get at least 1 more centre back if not 2 now
  • Options
    Talal said:
    If this means we bring in an extra body then can't say I'm too disappointed. Don't really rate him tbh. 
    Has Solly got a gig yet.