Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deji Oshilaja - gone to Burton Albion (p10)

Comments

• Croydon said:
    We're just unlucky though, right?
    Not the worst stroke of luck really tho is it?
    Erratic player of limited usefulness now unavailable.  Charlie Barker to his more familiar central role, alongside Pratley and Gunter, will be a much more reassuring defensive line than anything with DO starting.
    The fact that Purrington's spell in the middle of the backline was far less troubling than anytime DO has played there tells me all I need to know.
    Deji isn’t great at centre half but worse than Purrington he isn’t 

• "The Addicks staged their own fixture at their Sparrows Lane training ground at the weekend to give minutes to the likes of Omar Bogle, Chuks Aneke, Marcus Maddison, Akin Famewo and Ben Watson."
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/it-wouldnt-worry-me-if-i-had-to-start-him-in-league-one-charlton-boss-bowyer-impressed-by-youngster/

I bet Bowyer intended it be pretty competitive, to best replicate a League game for match fitness.
    There's me thinking that it's in that game that Deji picked up his injury.

All the ' our intensive training causes injury' conspiracy theorists please stand down. :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

"The Addicks staged their own fixture at their Sparrows Lane training ground at the weekend to give minutes to the likes of Omar Bogle, Chuks Aneke, Marcus Maddison, Akin Famewo and Ben Watson."
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/it-wouldnt-worry-me-if-i-had-to-start-him-in-league-one-charlton-boss-bowyer-impressed-by-youngster/

I bet Bowyer intended it be pretty competitive, to best replicate a League game for match fitness.

All the ' our intensive training causes injury' conspiracy theorists please stand down. :smile:

I think stand up not stand down, if the injury came from a training game.
    It would substantiate what Bowyer said that they tackle as hard in training as they do in a proper game.
    IF you're picking up many injuries because of this it seems unhelpful to me.
  • Oggy Red said:

"The Addicks staged their own fixture at their Sparrows Lane training ground at the weekend to give minutes to the likes of Omar Bogle, Chuks Aneke, Marcus Maddison, Akin Famewo and Ben Watson."

Did the players just concentrate on passing the ball around the back 4 before hoofing and losing it  ;)
  • wmcf123 said:
    Croydon said:
    We're just unlucky though, right?
    Not the worst stroke of luck really tho is it?
    Erratic player of limited usefulness now unavailable.  Charlie Barker to his more familiar central role, alongside Pratley and Gunter, will be a much more reassuring defensive line than anything with DO starting.
    The fact that Purrington's spell in the middle of the backline was far less troubling than anytime DO has played there tells me all I need to know.
    Deji isn’t great at centre half but worse than Purrington he isn’t 
    He's certainly worse at left back than Purrington.

• Oggy Red said:

I think stand up not stand down, if the injury came from a training game.
    It would substantiate what Bowyer said that they tackle as hard in training as they do in a proper game.
    IF you're picking up many injuries because of this it seems unhelpful to me.
    Hi @Covered_End because of our fixture being postponed, it no doubt was thought beneficial to keep the matchday routine and fitness levels high.

Last Saturday's match didn't sound to me like it was just training ...... I got the impression it was meant to replicate a League game in intensity,
    to ensure players got some match fitness under their belts.

Naturally, under those conditions, Bowyer would expect players to be playing at 100%.
    I suppose there's no more risk of injury than playing in an actual League match.

It's just unfortunate that Deji took a knock.

• For those who might have missed it, here's Deji being interviewed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBBNHTNKnQ&ab_channel=DarnellSimpson-YouthDeveloper

Local boy, grew up in Greenwich. 

Also told us, Charlton had tried to sign him a couple of years ago.
    At Wimbledon was already good mates with Lyle Taylor, who after signing for Charlton, played a big part in Deji signing for us.

Taylor told him, "It's a top club, great set up - you'd love it here".

• Oggy Red said:
    For those who might have missed it, here's Deji being interviewed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvBBNHTNKnQ&ab_channel=DarnellSimpson-YouthDeveloper

Local boy, grew up in Greenwich. 

Also told us, Charlton had tried to sign him a couple of years ago.
    At Wimbledon was already good mates with Lyle Taylor, who after signing for Charlton, played a big part in Deji signing for us.

Taylor told him, "It's a top club, great set up - you'd love it here".

Dread to think what Lyle will advise him when his contract is running down!! 
  • edited October 2020
    Posted a clip of himself on Instagram running/jogging on an “anti-gravity” treadmill. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Might get slated for this but I like him as a player and would like to see him play defensive mid 
  • ct_addick said:
    Might get slated for this but I like him as a player and would like to see him play defensive mid 
    Didn't he try to play there before Davis came in and was a total liability?
  • Yeah he's not good enough on the ball for midfield (or centre back really). For me he's a right back who could fill in at centre back if needs must. 
  • Talal said:
    Yeah he's not good enough on the ball for midfield (or centre back really). For me he's a right back who could fill in at centre back if needs must. 
    He's aggressive and mobile. Win the ball and lay it off to a play maker. Certainly good enough at this level.
  • Just heard the big mans interview after the game on Saturday.

Wow. What is the world record for most words spoken in a minute?
    This fella must be right up there! .

Love him
  • I believe the legendary horse racing commentator Peter O'Sullivan holds the record.
  • Oops, Used bold type by mistake.
  • Did he play a single minute under Adkins? Must be one of the few players in the squad who didn't. Really terrible season for him when we would have been hoping to do well in a familiar league.
  • edited May 2021
    Did he play a single minute under Adkins? Must be one of the few players in the squad who didn't. Really terrible season for him when we would have been hoping to do well in a familiar league.
    I don’t think he played after Bowyer mentioned that someone wasn’t going to play again due to making too many mistakes.

Last appearance was Blackpool in February. Would have him at 1/200 to be released on Friday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• At least he won't be blamed for the shit defending in the 95th minute against crewe that put the knife in our season. 
  • edited May 2021
    This is his level and he belongs somewhere in the middle of it. I'm sure he'll be fine.
  • He was a bit unfortunate that we had 2 LBs and 2 RBs in the squad, and few injuries in those positions, or else he might have featured more there. His rampaging style does seem more suited to full back than centre back?
  • I liked him better as a right back than centre back but there was no way that he would displace Matthews or Gunter.