Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deji Oshilaja - gone to Burton Albion (p10)

edited June 2021 in General Charlton

Comments

• From Wimbledon? 
  • edited July 2019
    That is the defence sorted covered in all areas 2 in each position. 
  • Oh!!... I thought you were taking the piss
  • Who called that one?

Good signing I reckon. Imagine being a ST and lining up against him and Naby.
  • Sweet.

Defence sorted. Need some midfielders and a couple of strikers now!
  • Lyle with the contract post and a post with Deji in the background, then announces this, proper WUM but in a good way
  • Another long term target captured too
  • Good signing, one of the better players that was available on a free in league 1 and a decent backup I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Very unusual time to announce a signing! Know nothing about him. Welcome Deji.
  • First team or squad ?
  • Backup to Lockyer I’d imagine.
  • Another left footed centre half though. Likes to play the ball out from the back, very similar to Naby 
  • another good signing 

Happy with the defence now
  • edited July 2019
    First team or squad ?
    Fight between him and Lockyer for the right centre back position. 

Although also now allows us the option for lockyer to play the holding center mid role. 
  • First team or squad ?
    Would say its like the Goalkeeper spot... Its all to play for

Lockyer or Oshilaja alongside either Sarr or Pearce - All four could easily stake claims to start
  • Sponsored links:

• Another captain, you don’t get to be a captain with a bad attitude
    Very true skip
    Indeed. Our signings all seem very old school proper Charlton signings. 

Bowyer knows we need the right characters for this battle 
    And he knows how to manage a budget....
  • Scoham said:
    That kind of came from nowhere.

That's the goalkeepers and defence sorted then. Ideally need at least three midfielders and two more strikers.

Interesting comments from Gallen. We made three bids for him last summer. Has captained Wimbledon and Gallen describes him as quick, strong, dependable and athletic.

Anyone still obsessed with height in CBs will be disappointed that like Lockyer he's just under 6 ft.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d35d24fd9497/done-deal-charlton-complete-signing-of-defender-deji-oshilaja
    Oztumer | Cullen | Bielik | Gallagher as the Midfielders would be nice

Cant think of the Strikers that we could be after!!

i.e. With the two Strikers and those last three midfielders occupying the loan slots those six roles could be our business done
  • I think he will play RB (or maybe RCB in a back three), allowing Dijksteel to play (or at least compete for) CDM.
  • Oztumer in next . Would love Cullen and Bielik but honestly think we have zero chance with Bielik . We need an experienced striker now , used to the championship. Still think a box to box midfielder is needed massively 
  • edited July 2019
    Another left footed centre half though. Likes to play the ball out from the back, very similar to Naby 
    FM and a few websites say he's right footed, and like Gallen talks about it seems he can cover either full back position.
    I can vouch for that boss my only flag was for threatening behaviour but then again we've all had a red mist moment :wink: