Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Deji Oshilaja - gone to Burton Albion (p10)

Comments

• I think this signing hints at 3-5-2 as our main formation this season and that they’ve given up hope of Bielik.

Phillips
    Oshilaja, Lockyer, Sarr/Pearce
    Dijksteel, (New), JFC, Purrington
    Williams
    Taylor, Aneke/(New)
  • Pleased.  Felt we needed another centre back.  We definitely need one more forward, and at least 3 midfielders imo.  Am I right in saying Bowyer said we would use our maximum 5 loans.  If so, would imagine the remaining players will come from there 
  • GK: Phillips, Amos
    RB: Dijksteel, Solly
    RCB: Lockyer, Oshilaja
    LCB: Sarr, Pearce
    LB: Purrington, Page
    CDM: Pratley
    CM: JFC, Morgan, Williams, Lapslie
    CAM: Aneke
    ST: Taylor, Bonne

To achieve our two players for every position in the starting XI, we need two more strikers, one more at CDM and one more CAM. Then maybe add some more quality at CM. We’re getting there
    Depending on the quality of those that are yet to sign, we’ve got the makings of a competitive squad there!!
  • Pardon my ignorance if I missed it, but how long has Deji signed for, and did we pay a transfer fee?
  • I think this signing hints at 3-5-2 as our main formation this season and that they’ve given up hope of Bielik.

Phillips
    Oshilaja, Lockyer, Sarr/Pearce
    Dijksteel, (New), JFC, Purrington
    Williams
    Taylor, Aneke/(New)
    Too early to say that at the moment. Still 4-5 more coming if the loans we’ve been told of join 
  • Pardon my ignorance if I missed it, but how long has Deji signed for, and did we pay a transfer fee?
    Free. 2 year deal 
  • Released by Wimbledon?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Released by Wimbledon?
    Rejected a new contract according to one of the articles posted by killerandflash.
    it also reports that jones was really impressed by him! Made Luton play with 10 men to put the team under some pressure 
  • How tall is he?

Nudging six feet, according to Wiki.  
  • Good signing for me, Bowyer & JJ seem to have it about them to improve players, will always be an exception to the rule but in general they work wonders :)
  • Welcome.

Don't know anything about him but trust Gallan.

So Pearce, Lockyer and Deji as the 1st choice back three then.
  • Welcome.

Don't know anything about him but trust Gallan.

So Pearce, Lockyer and Deji as the 1st choice back three then.
    Im not convinced we will play 352, and I hope not given the full backs. We needed 4 CBS anyway so it’s a decent signing. 

With Oztumer, Williams, JFC and Aneke can’t see Bowyers preferred option being 352 but nice to have the option to change. 
  • Talal said:
    Very unusual time to announce a signing! It's happening.
    Fixed.
  • This is the kind of signing Bowyer/Gallen have made work time and time again. So I am giving them 100% of the benefit of the doubt. Count me as happy right now.

• Leuth said:
    The Naby Sarr central midfield dream hoves ever closer
    Love Naby, but doesn’t turn quick enough for a midfield role I’d say. 
  • So, no one bothered that we are signing players that just survived relegation from League 1 last season. 

Just me then......
    Yep. The rest of us look at the player, not the team (although it's a consideration).
    Who did Leicester sign Vardy from ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder, did we beat Luton to him, or did they tell him he wasn't wanted there after his trial? 
  • So, no one bothered that we are signing players that just survived relegation from League 1 last season. 

Just me then......
    Yep. The rest of us look at the player, not the team (although it's a consideration).
    I have no issue signing players from Wimbledon per se but it is a bit of a worry when we are expecting the likes of Osilaja, Lockyer, Oztumer, Bonne to all step up to the plate and perform in the Championship when none have really played there before, it’s a big ask. If you add Gallagher to that, maybe others with a lack of experience if that is all we can attract, then it’s a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

Just me then......
    I have no issue signing players from Wimbledon per se but it is a bit of a worry when we are expecting the likes of Osilaja, Lockyer, Oztumer, Bonne to all step up to the plate and perform in the Championship when none have really played there before, it’s a big ask. If you add Gallagher to that, maybe others with a lack of experience if that is all we can attract, then it’s a recipe for disaster in my opinion.
    We have literally the lowest budget in the league - Bowyer and Gallen have to try and be smarter about who they are bringing in. They are going to have scouted these players properly before offering them anything as every single £ counts

Just me then......
    We have literally the lowest budget in the league - Bowyer and Gallen have to try and be smarter about who they are bringing in. They are going to have scouted these players properly before offering them anything as every single £ counts
    And have I in anyway blamed or criticised them? The lack of funding is totally down to RD.
  • He might only be 5ft 11 but he's more muscular than any of our current players! Legs like Roberto Carlos.

Just me then......
    As well as a low budget, RD is only allowing us to spend money on players with potential resale value. We will not be spending money on any proven players at this level -  a potential freebie like Pratley May be available but I doubt they will be able to consistently play 90 minutes
  • Dazzler21 said:
    He might only be 5ft 11 but he's more muscular than any of our current players! Legs like Roberto Carlos.

I bet he can bench press a tractor with those thighs. Jesus those are monsters. I reckon he can handle a forward, but might need to be careful the fast front men don't 'fall-over' a bit too often. 
  • Talal said:
    Very unusual time to announce a signing! Know nothing about him. Welcome Deji.
    In pre-season? Unheard of.