Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deji Oshilaja - gone to Burton Albion (p10)

Comments

• Options
    Not very whelmed at all by this one I’m afraid but completely understand the market we are in and the reasons why. I’d rather sign league 1stars than championship rejects as a rule but expecting all our new recruits to step up at once is a massive ask. Need at least a couple of non-has been experienced championship players on loan. 
  • Options
    If nothing else, we had a worrying shortage of players with unpronounceable names and this keeps the balance in the squad.
    The spelling of his name on here will be interesting
    I'm going to call him Ozzie ... hold on, could this be a sign that the takeover is close 🤔
  • Options
    Yes hope his better than the last 2 signings from Wimbledon. 😀Welcome  Deji fits bowyers mandate of being hungry and wanting to prove himself at higher level.need them forwards now especially as Lyle fired blanks on pre season think he wants out. 😀
  • Options
    So, no one bothered that we are signing players that just survived relegation from League 1 last season. 

Just me then......
    Yep. The rest of us look at the player, not the team (although it's a consideration).
    Who did Leicester sign Vardy from ?
    I have no issue signing players from Wimbledon per se but it is a bit of a worry when we are expecting the likes of Osilaja, Lockyer, Oztumer, Bonne to all step up to the plate and perform in the Championship when none have really played there before, it’s a big ask. If you add Gallagher to that, maybe others with a lack of experience if that is all we can attract, then it’s a recipe for disaster in my opinion.
    Players with the right attitude who want to play at the highest level they can being given a fantastic opportunity at a big club with boardroom problems, could be a disaster or could just be something very special.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Very unusual time to announce a signing! Know nothing about him. Welcome Deji.
    Probably because of all the bollox that was going on over Lyle’s ‘contract signing’ post and the numpty’s that were going into meltdown over it
  • Options
    welcome Deji .. all the very best during your stay at CAFC
  • Options
    That’s him pencilled in for a 10 year testimonial match at the Valley in 2029 then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s him pencilled in for a 10 year testimonial match at the Valley in 2029 then...

often nowadays, a 10 month stay is a long time in a footballer's career 
  • Options
    Deji Oshilaja .. how many soothsayers and those 'in the know' foresaw this one ? .. ((:>)
  • Options
    If nothing else, we had a worrying shortage of players with unpronounceable names and this keeps the balance in the squad.
    Think it'll be easier to just go with Deji
  • Options
    Signing young players with potential who might be good enough for the Championship but would likely stick around if we go down is not a stupid policy in our circumstances.  

All of our signings so far with the possible exception of Williams would be thus described.
  • Options
    Deji Oshilaja .. how many soothsayers and those 'in the know' foresaw this one ? .. ((:>)
    Another one that Colin (the font of all knowledge), missed out on...... :smiley:
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Another left footed centre half though. Likes to play the ball out from the back, very similar to Naby 
    FM and a few websites say he's right footed, and like Gallen talks about it seems he can cover either full back position.
    Only TD would have got us another left footer in that position.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I know nothing about the fella but seems a solid signing being he was Captain and had teams chasing him.  Plus Gallen/Bowyer’s record to date has been pretty impeccable and they have clearly tracked him for at least a year.

Still worry that 5 loan signings are likely to make or break our season as our squad looks ok but I think lacking in that bit extra the Championship will demand.  

My money would be on Herbie Kane and Josh Cullen coming in on loan plus Oztumer signing up for a couple of years.   The other 3 (min) will be absolutely crucial and I still hope a little room could be found for Harriott as a wild card too.
  • Options
    🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've never even heard of the guy & of course the Belgian won't let us buy the quality we need but there seems to be a lot of people happy that we've signed a league one CB that Wimbledon released. A few quality loans could make all of the difference but if LB keeps this lot up then I really will start believing that he can walk on water.
    Not released, let his contact run down. Wimbledon mate thought he'd be a good signing for us when talking the day after Wembley, and he's also the Academy Manager at a National League club.
  • Options
    A problem Bowyer is going to have to solve very quickly, is how he keeps his 8, very similar quality, defenders happy.   Last season he rotated the LCB and right back a lot, which was fine as the least best option was still good enough for league 1. 

Chopping and changing, looking for the least worst combination in the championship is a diffrent kettle of fish. I think he will get it right but I does have the potential to go the shape of a pear. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A problem Bowyer is going to have to solve very quickly, is how he keeps his 8, very similar quality, defenders happy.   Last season he rotated the LCB and right back a lot, which was fine as the least best option was still good enough for league 1. 

Chopping and changing, looking for the least worst combination in the championship is a diffrent kettle of fish. I think he will get it right but I does have the potential to go the shape of a pear. 
    Injuries and suspensions will resolve the issue  of giving everybody some game time
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bows won't do that. He'll play what he thinks is his best defence (and goalkeeper). It will be their shirt to lose. 

And when there are injuries (and the inevitable suspension) it will be up to one of the others to step up to the plate. And it will their shirt to lose.

Repeat, and repeat again, until the season ends.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I'll wager that Pearce, Page (already on the treatment table) and Solly will miss a few games injured .. Bowyer has been very wise in concentrating on signing reliable defenders .. better to have a few (boring but necessary) 0-0 or 1-1s than 'exciting' 3-2, 5-4 or god forbid 5-0 defeats .. with Taylor in the side we will always have the potential to nick a goal or three
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Injuries and suspensions will resolve the issue  of giving everybody some game time
    I don't think it will be a problem, as we have a minimum of 48 games to play, plus Lewis Page is one of the 8 and unfortunately he can never stay fit.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Bows won't do that. He'll play what he thinks is his best defence (and goalkeeper). It will be their shirt to lose. 

And when there are injuries (and the inevitable suspension) it will be up to one of the others to step up to the plate. And it will their shirt to lose.

Repeat, and repeat again, until the season ends.
    That's how it should be
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

7 and a half. Page is always injured.
  • Options
    I wonder if this decision was prompted by Page's new injury