Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Hasn’t the new kit already been revealed on the Birmingham city friendly thread?  Looks nice. 
  • Hasn’t the new kit already been revealed on the Birmingham city friendly thread?  Looks nice. 
    That's a 3 year old training kit
  • sam3110 said:
    Hasn’t the new kit already been revealed on the Birmingham city friendly thread?  Looks nice. 
    That's a 3 year old training kit
    Ah. Thought it looked familiar.  D’oh. 
  • If it's grey we'll probably go from the third kit not being used last season to it being used quite regularly next. 
  • Hope we have the kits for Saturday v Palace. Seems like it has dragged on a bit. I'm sure that's down to rubbish senior management and/or COVID in some way. Just think the earlier you release a kit, the better as it allows time for supporters to get theirs before the season starts (a key source of income with limited/no supporters in grounds this year). 
  • edited August 2020
    Word from the club shop is still that they are waiting for a sponsor, that was Saturday so it might've changed since then 
  • MattF said:
    Word from the club shop is still that they are waiting for a sponsor, that was Saturday so it might've changed since then 
    Seriously? That's an absolute mess. Three weeks until the season starts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:
    MattF said:
    Matt Southall probably had a super duper mega sponsor lined up 
  • MattF said:
    I thought Henry said a sponsor had been arranged?
  • MattF said:
    I thought Henry said a sponsor had been arranged?
    That's what I was told.
  • shine166 said:
    SDAddick said:
    MattF said:
    Matt Southall probably had a super duper mega sponsor lined up 

Landrover?

7 UP 
  • Surely no one will sponsor the club until they know who the owner is going to be and who will invest(?) the money
  • It might make more sense to wait until the takeover is complete anyway, as either TS will want to sponsor us OR the promise of his ownership might make us more attractive to potential sponsors

Huddersfield launched their shirt before the sponsor was agreed, so that can be done anyway
  • edited August 2020
    Carlsberg 
    Nah we're red... Lego

As a result Charlton / Lego enter into a partnership which sees a Lego version of the Valley hitting the club shop shelves
  • We'll be sponsored by bacon
  • Sponsored links:

• Carlsberg 
    Nah we're red... Lego

As a result Charlton / Lego enter into a partnership which sees a Lego version of the Valley hitting the club shop shelves
    Probably Legoland Windsor
  • MattF said:
    Kenny doesn't know what's going on.
  • How about we all have a whip round for sponsorship of the shirt, I dunno say if we can raise a quid between us?
  • I would expect it to be TS's company, assuming he buys the club.
  • Don't see the need to wait for a sponsor before revealing the design unless they're worried people will be put off if they can see the shirt with and without it
  • edited August 2020
    https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/southampton-turns-to-sportsbet-io-as-ill-fated-ld-sports-shirt-deal-ripped-up/

Southampton have had to change their kit sponsor a few weeks after launching their latest kit, after the their previous sponsor pulled out or ran out of money!
  • Carlsberg 
    That would probably say “when Carlsberg don’t do football clubs..”